collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sell me on a Tacoma  (Read 11454 times)

Offline Jason

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Sell me on a Tacoma
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2022, 09:48:59 PM »
Seems like feelings to me...since you have a tendency to ruin every Toyota thread with long winded issues you had with your taco (which you repeat in every thread) and then belittle anyone that disagrees with you. Even making judgement assumptions about who they are.

Maybe just step aside and let the thread continue without your input... because honestly your so emotionally charged no one takes you seriously.
Hey, one thing is for sure, Toyota Karen is consistent!.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2022, 10:31:33 PM »
My son's toyota 4-cylinder had 388K miles on it before we sold it.  We were starting to fix things at random.  All easy fixes, he just wanted a newer vehicle, but was reliable for the amount of wear and tear it had on it.  He sold it for more than he bought it for.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2022, 09:07:38 AM »
I have the 2015 TRD 4.0 auto which is the older body style. My opinions:

--A bit underpowered, but if I give it the juice when it hits second gear I can get up to 60 in no time. Does not seem slow if you put the high RPMs into second and third gear.
--Seat could be more comfortable but I can drive four hours without it bothering me.
--If you are tall could be an issue. I am 5'10" and I have comfortable headroom but maybe not for taller folks
--Just towed my buddy's boat this weekend, probably 3500 pounds and it did fine but did drink more gas obviously
--I think the mileage isn't that bad. If I drive 225 miles from my house to my place in the Methow there is just under a half tank when I get there (I am not a led foot)
--Just did a leveling kit and it turned out excellent. Has 31.6 tires not but will likely clear 33s now.
--Excellent snow rig, excellent offroading rig, it did some amazing things stock but I lifted it so no contact with the body etc.
--Just took it in for a tune up and they said the truck is in very good condition and I do not baby my rigs.
--The rear diff lock is worth it. Pulled myself out of some nasty ruts with it once. It works as stated in the manual.
--I have never had traction issues without weight in the bed. That is what four high is for IMO.

With all that said, I don't know how the newer models differ. I have heard many people say the older version is better but not sure that is true.

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2022, 09:46:03 AM »
I apologize to all the rest of you.......

:chuckle: :chuckle:
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2022, 04:06:19 PM »

When Toyota Corporate refused my complete reimbursement document set with receipts for the leaf springs they told me were fine and I didn't need two years before they issued a recall for leaf springs that are, according to the experts here, fine.

They had the audacity to tell me they didn't care about my experience and they would continue to sell Toys to the Koolaid drinkers because that's who buys them.

I promised them I would tell anyone and everyone about their corporate arrogance and they said 'Go ahead'.

That's why.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2022, 04:12:24 PM »
You have.  Imo the persistence here is borderline banworthy as it essentially begins to derail any thread with the word Toyota. I don't blame you for your stance, opinions, etc but the derailing of every Toyota thread really needs to be put to rest.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2022, 04:20:38 PM »
 :yeah:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2022, 04:29:54 PM »
My Tacoma has taken a beating and keeps on going. Just drove it down to Texas from WA. 1800 miles without stopping besides to fill up for gas. Took me around 29 hours. The seats were great I was plenty comfortable. And I’ve had three back surgerys. I’m at 207k miles, I can’t believe it’s still driving with what I’ve put it through. Yes the rear springs are soft but I load my truck down with wall tent and wood and wood stove until it’s on the bump stops. Then keep loading. Then take it down washboard roads for 50 miles to camp, and it keeps going. 2007 Access cab 4x4. I’ve done some repairs, manual tranny went out at 200k. I have a feeling it has to do with the truck being lifted on big 33 inch tires it’s entire life and me rallying it. I would suggest keeping any truck stock. My next truck I’ll keep stock but it will probably be a tundra for a growing family

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2022, 05:31:55 PM »
I’ve owned half a dozen over the years and used them for commuting/hunting rigs. I beat on them pretty hard. I sold everyone of them with anywhere between 230k-250k. Never had one issue with any of them. Just normal maintenance.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2022, 05:53:03 PM »
You have.  Imo the persistence here is borderline banworthy as it essentially begins to derail any thread with the word Toyota. I don't blame you for your stance, opinions, etc but the derailing of every Toyota thread really needs to be put to rest.
Understood.
I promise this is now a 'Toyota-safe' community.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Meathunter06

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: Hunting Washington Forum
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2022, 05:55:49 PM »
Understood.
Are we on twitter :dunno:

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2022, 05:59:59 PM »
Understood.

My gas tank lid hinge did rust it’s holding on by a thread and I did have leaf replacements. Frame isn’t rusted it was checked. So there’s a few things that are correct that you complained about. But I think Tacomas are the ultimate woods truck

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2022, 06:03:40 PM »
Loved mine
Just needed a bigger gas tank
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2022, 06:11:28 PM »
Understood.
Are we on twitter :dunno:

Nope, go see Elon if you want free reign.  There is no free speech here. There are rules regarding thread and or topic disruption.  Thinkingman has made it known regarding his thoughts. The continued beating of said horse in thread after thread is a disruption.  If he or others take issue Dale is available as are other mods.

That being said, this thread is done and we can put the topic to rest as I assume Carp got what he needed.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]