collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: e-bike on state land survey  (Read 21384 times)

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
Re: e-bike on state land survey
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2022, 08:46:03 PM »
Haha some of you guys thoughts on ebikes are some of the most idiotic things I’ve heard! Ya 34 mph on a completely flat surface or down hill , haul out a whole elk maybe boned out and flat surface!! Trust me I’ve been there and done it with probably the best weight hauling bike available and not even close
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 10:20:02 PM by JakeLand »

Offline fireweed

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2022, 08:47:43 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an-electric-bike-rode-into-the-backcountry-now-there-s-a-nationwide-turf-war/ar-AAXSjlJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7e2cc9eaa12e435d8652b1c0a9161b8f                                                                          Interesting article on ebike quagmire

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2022, 09:06:26 AM »
I have private property adjacent to DNR. To access my property part of my access goes onto DNR therefore they have signage saying authorized vehicles only. The road is closed to motorized vehicles except people like me that can use a small stretch that goes on and off and back on my property.

Forget about the fact that this guy is trespassing through my gate which is in the middle of my property with no public access and just focus on the 50cc pit bike that he is on. It will only go as fast as a 750 watt ebike so it must be okay to be on a closed to motorized vehicles road right? Instead of a spare battery he has a one gallon gas jug on the front fender so he can get farther in.

It becomes a slippery slope when you start saying an electric motor isn’t a motor because it’s not very powerful. Obviously the same argument can be made for a small cc gas motor. It’s not any more powerful than an ebike.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2022, 09:10:05 AM »
And if you are getting towed it is really note even as bad as an ebike it really is the same as a bicycle.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2022, 09:26:21 AM »
Well, if he can use a pit bike, my dirt bike isn't much different either is it?  It's less than 750cc and a cc is like a watt right??

Thanks for the justification!

(Sarcasm)

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2022, 09:37:49 AM »
Well, if he can use a pit bike, my dirt bike isn't much different either is it?  It's less than 750cc and a cc is like a watt right??

Thanks for the justification!

(Sarcasm)
Exactly.  Where does it end? No motorized should mean no motor, period.

I feel like no trespassing should be the same also instead of no trespassing for a little bit is okay if I’m just trying to get over there. But that’s a whole different topic.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 10:06:52 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2022, 10:54:48 AM »
no anything then.. that is were this will end..  :bash:
USN retired
1981-2011

Online CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »
We need a "show off your ebike" thread.  No hate-speech allowed.

:)

Offline ballpark

• Salty
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2022, 12:18:14 PM »
Love my ebike!! Less damage to trails than horses, the hate for these bikes crack me up.  :chuckle:
how is thinking a motorized vehicle should be treated as a motorized vehicle hate  :dunno: They are motorized. Simple as that. Yes I've ridden them fyi.

Definition of motor vehicle
: an automotive vehicle not operated on rails

For legal purpose, motor vehicles are often identified within a number of vehicle classes including cars, buses, motorcycles, off-road vehicles, light trucks and regular trucks. :dunno:

Offline Platensek-po

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2022, 12:26:45 PM »
There is only one question that matters on motorized access. Does it have a motor? That’s it. If it’s marked non motorized only then that’s the only applicable question.
“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

If you are not willing to die for freedom then take the word out of your vocabulary.

Offline ballpark

• Salty
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2022, 12:31:28 PM »
There is only one question that matters on motorized access. Does it have a motor? That’s it. If it’s marked non motorized only then that’s the only applicable question.

A person is considered the motor of a pedaled bicycle.   :tup:  and makes more noise than an ebike.  :chuckle:

Offline Platensek-po

• Sourdough
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2022, 12:34:44 PM »

A person is considered the motor of a pedaled bicycle.   :tup:  and makes more noise than an ebike.  :chuckle:

Lolololol. Not even close to the same thing and you know it. A human is not a motor. Does the vehicle itself have a motor independent of a human? Non motorized is one of the easiest and clearest rules there is.
“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

If you are not willing to die for freedom then take the word out of your vocabulary.

Online Bullkllr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2022, 12:44:01 PM »

Lolololol. Not even close to the same thing and you know it. A human is not a motor. Does the vehicle itself have a motor independent of a human? Non motorized is one of the easiest and clearest rules there is.
:yeah: Seems like it.
 The biggest argument against that clarity seems to run along the lines of, "Well I have one, so it's not..."
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline ballpark

• Salty
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2022, 12:44:45 PM »

You've never seen the Flinstones

Offline Platensek-po

• Sourdough
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2022, 01:28:21 PM »

You've never seen the Flinstones

That vehicle would definitely be allowed on a non motorized road!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]