collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: e-bike on state land survey  (Read 21398 times)

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Re: e-bike on state land survey
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2022, 02:26:10 PM »
Did the survey.
Sent emails.

I'm against E-bikes on non motorized roads or trails.
As many know on here ,dry side is kinda on an honor system.
We don't pay for access,as long as you follow the access rules.
Which has and will continue to be taken advantage of until it is pay to play.
Most timber company land on this side is under a cooperative road closure agreement with WDFW ,to allow access to non motorized recreation.
I'll try to sum this up quickly......
WDFW has there symbol on many closed road signs over here,even though they don't own the land and are not in charge of access,basically they just enforce the access rules.
The problem is many people will see that symbol on the gate and think there allowed to use there ebike.
WDFW non enforcement of the road closure agreement will cause timber company to shut down access for EVERYBODY.
For timber company's it is all about liabilities, If you allow motor vehicle then there is always a chance of someone getting hurt,being sued,fire season,and more liabilities I'm sure.
LOOK on page 95 hunting regulations.
Under the road closure agreement.
I'm thinking well over a million acres of free to access hunting will be GONE.
People just don't think.....
Ask yourself this why do timber company's move rocks,dig tank traps,gate,and ditch many access points,Trash,and liabilities,that's the main reason.

As long as they continue to enforce the road closure agreement,no motorized vehicles.
I really don't care what DNR,FS ,does.
What they decide now,may cause us to lose access to those areas on page 95.
I'm already been looking at E-bikes my self,and will use one depending on what they decide.

Take a hard look at page 95 in the hunting regulations,
Keep pushing this and that page won't even exist in the regs.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2022, 02:34:58 PM »
 :yeah: and I am a guy that bought timber company land to maintain access.  Five years in my patience is wearing thin.  Starts off with one guy breaking the rules.  Then he posts photos and tells his buddy how he is doing it.  Then it is two or three guys breaking the rules.  They post photos and tell their buddies.  Now it is a parade of people coming through my place breaking the rules on my place and DNR land.  It won't be long and my land that used to be timber company land will be shut down just like you say above.  And yes my land is on the dryside.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2022, 03:57:45 PM »
Did the survey.
Sent emails.

Most timber company land on this side is under a cooperative road closure agreement with WDFW ,to allow access to non motorized recreation.
WDFW has there symbol on many closed road signs over here,even though they don't own the land and are not in charge of access,basically they just enforce the access rules.
The problem is many people will see that symbol on the gate and think there allowed to use there ebike.
WDFW non enforcement of the road closure agreement will cause timber company to shut down access for EVERYBODY.
For timber company's it is all about liabilities, If you allow motor vehicle then there is always a chance of someone getting hurt,being sued,fire season,and more liabilities I'm sure.
Ask yourself this why do timber company's move rocks,dig tank traps,gate,and ditch many access points,Trash,and liabilities,that's the main reason.

As long as they continue to enforce the road closure agreement,no motorized vehicles.
I'm already been looking at E-bikes my self,and will use one depending on what they decide.

funny how we make excuses and say legal issues on one type of bike that some have very negative opinions on, how exactly is Idaho surviving, they run everything one state over and game is just fine there... Seems like focus on a specific set of folks or group who may have a need or desire to use a bike.. lets go all for one, no bikes, no horses, no behind gate access by any vehicle, no wheels, tribal prevention included, no game carts, no pack animals, NONE.. all eliminated.. either it is or it isnt really an issue...
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2022, 04:15:05 PM »
Did the survey.
Sent emails.

funny how we make excuses and say legal issues on one type of bike that some have very negative opinions on, how exactly is Idaho surviving, they run everything one state over and game is just fine there... Seems like focus on a specific set of folks or group who may have a need or desire to use a bike.. lets go all for one, no bikes, no horses, no behind gate access by any vehicle, no wheels, tribal prevention included, no game carts, no pack animals, NONE.. all eliminated.. either it is or it isnt really an issue...
What you just described and more will happen.
All I'm saying is all the lands on page 95 in the hunting regulations is private land ,that all the entities involed agreed to no motorized vehicles.
Those private land owners can pull out of that agreement anytime. Go to pay to play all the way to no access at all.
Over a million acres of free access to hunt is in jeopardy cause a handful of people have to push,bend,or find a grey area in the rules.
I don't hunt Idaho yet. So my knowledge is pretty grim.
How E-bikes effect Wildlife,or hunting the many miles per acre of switch back logging roads and fair chase.
Are debatable .....
I try to keep access and fair chase and ethics as two different topics.
Access is access is pretty simple.
Fair chase/ethics everybody has a different opinion.

Just for the record .....
I'm not totally against,WDFW land,DNR,Forest Service,BLM, can make any rules they want within there departments.
I'm very concerned about the road closure agreement on page 95 of the hunting regulations.
The enforcement that the road closure agreement propertys are not being enforced enough as is. And will get worse and cause land owners to back out.
Don't get me wrong,they will all be pay to play some day.
But this whole situation is gonna speed up the process.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 04:44:17 PM by hunter399 »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2022, 03:06:04 PM »
Just in case you aren't confused yet:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2022, 03:18:16 PM »
Seems as clear as the fishing regulations.  :chuckle:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2022, 05:33:27 PM »
Back to intent, seems that most who oppose ebikes just want to keep lazy people out of their hunting spots. 

Gates used to be open... they didn't close them to make people less lazy; they closed them to reduce damage to property, reduce dumping, and perhaps reduce impacts to wildlife (but we know this was really a tertiary objective).  If people had respected property, gates would still be open.

IMO - Ebikes do not significantly impact my ability to dump an old TV in the woods and shoot it, and I'm not about to drop through a clearcut and rut up the road.  They're not loud, they do probably less damage than horses.

If your only reason for disliking them is that you want to keep lazy people out of a hunting spot... that seems like a new intention to me that has not been a previous rationale.  The idea of hunting "fairness" seems to be a new one that is a biproduct of the previous closures.

:twocents:

#ebikes4lyfe lol

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2022, 10:32:35 AM »
WDFW Commissioner's meeting happening right now and they're just now starting on the topic of e bikes on WDFW and DNR lands.

You can watch it on Zoom.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/meetings/2022/23-25june2022-fwc-agenda

Offline guardian

• Tracker
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2022, 07:04:01 PM »
Well isn't that weird. You mean wdfw didn't inform anyone of this meeting in advance?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal