collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Drano lake reports?  (Read 5263 times)

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Drano lake reports?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2022, 11:09:06 AM »
This morning

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 12:45:56 PM »
This morning
huh?  I thought it would of been busy!!?😂

Offline metlhead

• Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 01:24:08 PM »
That mess for some 4lb salmon? Thank you for the reminder why I do not bother wasting time for spring salmon anymore. May the walleye and smallies grow fat!

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 01:43:42 PM »
4lb? A Jack

Offline spin05

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2022, 02:56:49 AM »
so whats the secret to this combat fishing to not piss off the other boats??? Just wondering if a new guy can try it without getting shot at by a regular veteran Drano fisherman

The gist of it is don't fish to.light of lead and don't fish to far back. It's a zoo, but it is very manageable, and if the bowl intimidates you fish the main part or the lake.  There's fish to be caught up there. Seems this year it's a 360 flasher with a prawn spinner behind that. The bowl is choreographed by the boats. Match speed, keep your head on a swivel and when someone has a fish on and it runs your way reel up.

Thanks headed down wensday-saturday. Looks like alot of boats running drift socks by the bow??? This for wind?

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2022, 04:32:15 AM »
so whats the secret to this combat fishing to not piss off the other boats??? Just wondering if a new guy can try it without getting shot at by a regular veteran Drano fisherman

The gist of it is don't fish to.light of lead and don't fish to far back. It's a zoo, but it is very manageable, and if the bowl intimidates you fish the main part or the lake.  There's fish to be caught up there. Seems this year it's a 360 flasher with a prawn spinner behind that. The bowl is choreographed by the boats. Match speed, keep your head on a swivel and when someone has a fish on and it runs your way reel up.

Thanks headed down wensday-saturday. Looks like alot of boats running drift socks by the bow??? This for wind?

yeah, makes no sense when theres no wind like the picture I posted. I have yet to run one there and no issues.

I wouldnt run less than 10oz there. I run 12oz... pretty much every fish you hook is under someones boat. I just returned and every fish I hooked was on my shallow rod which was 21' on the line counter and all were on the new Brads 360 flasher, plus were all on the brads kokanee super bait. I ran 1 of each a prawn spinner and a super bait.

Offline castie2504

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2022, 06:11:26 PM »
I go with the 16 oz weight to keep me closer to the boat. Friend of mine is a fishing genius, he taught me that in the toilet bowl. Be patient and don’t get mad, troll slow. Protroll or the new brads 360 flasher and 3.5 prawn spinner, Superbait cut plug or original packed with tuna. That’s worked for me.
Life's a garden, Dig it!

Offline castie2504

• Scout
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2022, 09:16:54 PM »
Anybody having luck down there still?
Life's a garden, Dig it!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal