collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: VA Benefits  (Read 1247 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
VA Benefits
« on: May 12, 2022, 04:34:11 PM »
I didn't realize that there's a Fort Vancouver Xchange here in the Couve. Although I have received benefits for my hearing, I never got the VA medical ID. The Choose VA id I have won't get me into the Xchange. So I went down today, they took my picture, put a chip in my arm (just kidding Zardoz), and I'll have the VA Medical ID card in 1-2 weeks. Pretty slick. Not only can you shop online (Hon discharge), but now, at the post exchanges, as well, just for being a vet. Retirement is no longer required.

What other benefits might we be missing other than discounts for vets at retailers?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline ThomMedic

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: evergreen sportsmen club, little rock, wa
Re: VA Benefits
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 05:12:47 PM »
The VA has lots of benefits from education to family survivor benefits. The family survivor benefits are the most important to learn about. With certain qualifications a widow can receive a pension or Dependents Indemnity Compensation (DIC). Go on line to their website.

I used to be on the Rating Board and then wrote about this stuff afterwards. I saw so many vets and/or their families in ignorance loose out on a lot of help. All you have to do is ask around. I have a packet of info available that was built by the Vietnam Veterans of America that is excellent - all the stuff is free.

Offline Brushbuster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 06:58:26 PM »
In March, I went up to American Lake & had my pic taken for my VA Health ID Card. It took about 2 weeks to receive it in the mail. I then went to the main gate at the JBLM visitor center to get the card activated & can now access most military installations. Now that I can access the base, I can get a 2-day firewood permit for $30 to cut wood plus access to other benefits on post.
I am in the process of having my VA disability reviewed & went for my first C&P exam on 5/6 & have another one on 5/16 to determine if I qualify for any additional benefits. VA medical provides better coverage for some of my medical needs so I am still learning how that will work. They are 2-3 months out for intake exams so I am scheduled & waiting. Would also like to find out how to get an info packet?  Good Luck!  :salute:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:18:36 PM by Brushbuster »

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 06:00:27 AM »
In March, I went up to American Lake & had my pic taken for my VA Health ID Card. It took about 2 weeks to receive it in the mail. I then went to the main gate at the JBLM visitor center to get the card activated & can now access most military installations. Now that I can access the base, I can get a 2-day firewood permit for $30 to cut wood plus access to other benefits on post.
I am in the process of having my VA disability reviewed & went for my first C&P exam on 5/6 & have another one on 5/16 to determine if I qualify for any additional benefits. VA medical provides better coverage for some of my medical needs so I am still learning how that will work. They are 2-3 months out for intake exams so I am scheduled & waiting. Would also like to find out how to get an info packet?  Good Luck!  :salute:

https://vva.org/brochures/
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Brushbuster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 09:12:07 AM »
Thanks Pianoman. This is useful to what I have going on now.  :tup:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 11:55:45 AM »
Thanks Pianoman. This is useful to what I have going on now.  :tup:

Brothers and sisters forever.  :tup:

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 12:19:24 PM »
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 02:52:25 PM »
Four days after having my picture taken, I got my ID in the mail today. Wow! The Xchange at Ft. Vancouver is basically a convenience store that specializes in booze and tobacco. Jim Beam 1.75L, usually $35 over the border in OR, is $21.50 - quite a savings.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal