collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Action Bedding Question??  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Havetohunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • Jacob Reister
  • Groups: Elk foundation
Re: Action Bedding Question??
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2022, 11:50:59 AM »
Have u contacted either of the gun smith's. Mabe gave them a chance before u go bashing them on here? I know for a fact that that gun Smith is a stand up guy.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2022, 12:03:13 PM »
Have u contacted either of the gun smith's. Mabe gave them a chance before u go bashing them on here? I know for a fact that that gun Smith is a stand up guy.

No one is bashing anyone.  Don't start a fight that doesn't exist......or need to be started.  I have clearly stated that the gun smith has put out good rifles....I have seen that first hand.  I have also stated "stuff happens".  I have also stated the smith has been in contact with the owner and will stand behind his rifle.....This is good (my last post based on the rifle owners accord). 

You apparently know the smith and likely know me.  I have simply stated the facts and looked for suggestions should I have missed something.  I'm not infallible and could be missing something easy.  If I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting it....thus asking the question and posting my experience.  Looks like I covered all the bases though....so pretty safe in saying something is wrong with the rifle.  New powder, different bullets, torque all screws, change scope, etc. etc. etc.  I'm sure the smith will make it right....at least I hope so.  Hope it take priority so the rifle can see a fall bear hunt this year.   

I never mentioned the smiths name or business so how am I bashing anyone?? 

Offline GWP

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2022, 12:20:02 PM »
With all that has been tried, I would consider patterning the chamber and lands. That way you will know actual dimensions.
Cuterebra are NOT cute!

Offline Havetohunt

• Pilgrim
    • Jacob Reister
  • Groups: Elk foundation
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 01:02:04 PM »
When u say that the gun smith's sent the gun out in non working order and fail to mention that the reason it had to go bad was your fault and blame every thing on him. That is bashing. I'm not here to start a fight. You left facts out when u posted this. I don't know u nor is that relevant. I know the gunsmith. He has built me personally 5 rifles and all shoot in the .1 and .2. So with that being said take both guns back to the Smith and have him look it over. I will problem be involved in load dev for that rifle cause we have the same mutual friend with the rifle

Offline Fidelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, JCSA
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2022, 01:21:50 PM »
A person could buy a dog that won't hunt......sounds like this is a case of a gun that won't shoot. You've put a lot of effort into this, time for gunsmith to come up with a solution that yields results. Have no custom builds.......most of mine came from Walmart, Sportsmans Warehouse or Big 5. They all shoot pretty good.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2022, 01:27:04 PM »
When u say that the gun smith's sent the gun out in non working order and fail to mention that the reason it had to go bad was your fault and blame every thing on him. That is bashing. I'm not here to start a fight. You left facts out when u posted this. I don't know u nor is that relevant. I know the gunsmith. He has built me personally 5 rifles and all shoot in the .1 and .2. So with that being said take both guns back to the Smith and have him look it over. I will problem be involved in load dev for that rifle cause we have the same mutual friend with the rifle

My fault, please pm....or on the open forum....let me know how any of this is my fault? 

I assume your talking about the bolt face.  How was that my fault?  The first time I touched that rifle is the day we (mutual friend) confirmed it would not chamber a round.  The history I had was the bolt face was damaged previously due to over pressure / primer blow out and it had to be rebuilt....apparently before the actual custom rifle build.  It got rebuilt / replaced and then would not chamber a round.  I figured out why and it went in to be fixed. Now it doesn't shoot.  Now, if those are not the facts....I have been told the wrong story. 

Doesn't change the fact, that I never put a round down range with that rifle prior to the new bolt / bolt face rebuild. 

Sounds like we are both being told different stories.  If this is the case, feel free to pm me or even give me a shout via cell.  I will pm my number. 

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2022, 10:38:07 PM »
Well, I've given it all night for wrongs to be made right.  I don't like being called a liar so let me clear things up....

1.  Havetohunt is a nice dude and we did talk and text.   Though we differ in opinions on whether or not I bashed the smith.....It's somewhat irrelevant.  I ask if he would fix his post stating I caused any damage, which is 100% false. 

2.  I never left facts out...at least facts that I was aware of.  Again 100% false. 

He knows this now and he acknowledged it via text.  I ask if he would clear it up on the forum.......and maybe he was busy tonight...but I didn't want to leave it open ended like this.   Some may not agree with my post, but no one can say I have lied to them on this forum.   I'm old school and my word is my bond. 

It appears the smith is gonna work on the rifle....to me that says a lot.  Havetohunt contacting me says a lot too.  Both seem to be good dudes.  Hopefully at the end of the day, the rifle shoots well and people aren't butthurt over stuff happening. 

Hopefully me clearing this up doesn't twist anyone's nipples....but I don't like lies / mistruths that make me out to be a liar. 

Offline NWShooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RockyMountain Elk foundation, Mule Deer Foundation, NRA.
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 05:04:39 AM »
If one has to ask if there should be bedding under the shank of a barrel. They have absolutely no Experience or knowledge of custom rifles. One could simply have done a search pertaining to the question concerning bedding. Last but not least. You were shooting another guys rifle. Leave the issues between the he rifles owner and the smith. Pages of replies concerning issues that aren’t yours and you didn’t pay for.

Makes me question humanity. When a gunsmith finds out something may be currently wrong with one of his rifles because a third party reads about it from another third party posting on a open forum and the person posting doesn’t even own the rifle and the owner of the rifle doesn’t know things are being posted about is rifle and the gun smith.

Then the gunsmith contacts the owner of the rifle. Due to the fact he has read on HuntWA that there were issues but nobody has told him there were issues, including the owner of the rifle. Yet a third party running around with another guys rifle is calling the rifle garbage and a boat anchor on a open forum without the owners knowledge and with out the Smith knowing there are supposed issues.

I would have the thread deleted and move on. The picture can’t be repainted other than what it is and that is tragic.
A empty vessel makes the most noise.

"Every normal man must be tempted , at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Offline GWP

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 07:00:46 AM »
The drama continues! As usual in any story, there are three sides. One being the truth.
This went from a gun that ‘would not shoot’, to someone besides the builder messing with parts of it, without his knowledge, before the gun was even shot the first time, to the builder finding out about ‘issues’ with his build on a forum?
Wow. Just, wow.
Let the drama continue!
Cuterebra are NOT cute!

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2022, 07:28:56 AM »
If one has to ask if there should be bedding under the shank of a barrel. They have absolutely no Experience or knowledge of custom rifles. One could simply have done a search pertaining to the question concerning bedding. Last but not least. You were shooting another guys rifle. Leave the issues between the he rifles owner and the smith. Pages of replies concerning issues that aren’t yours and you didn’t pay for.

Makes me question humanity. When a gunsmith finds out something may be currently wrong with one of his rifles because a third party reads about it from another third party posting on a open forum and the person posting doesn’t even own the rifle and the owner of the rifle doesn’t know things are being posted about is rifle and the gun smith.

Then the gunsmith contacts the owner of the rifle. Due to the fact he has read on HuntWA that there were issues but nobody has told him there were issues, including the owner of the rifle. Yet a third party running around with another guys rifle is calling the rifle garbage and a boat anchor on a open forum without the owners knowledge and with out the Smith knowing there are supposed issues.

I would have the thread deleted and move on. The picture can’t be repainted other than what it is and that is tragic.

You are correct....I don't live in the custom world.  I did google it and got a lot of different opinions....thus asking here and always trying to learn more than I already do.  I can see the errors in my way with this post and thus apologize.  99% of people on this forum have no idea of who the people involved are, so making generalizations of a rifle being a boat anchor (any rifle that doesn't shoot gets this title, not just customs), but the one or two that apparently took it personal.  I totally see why and again apologize!!

Sounds like the rifle is going to be gone through and made to shoot well so I guess at the end of the day it all worked out.  Likely a better way to have gotten to this point, but well at least we are there.   :tup: :tup:

Offline NWShooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RockyMountain Elk foundation, Mule Deer Foundation, NRA.
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2022, 07:35:40 AM »
💩💩💩💩💩
A empty vessel makes the most noise.

"Every normal man must be tempted , at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2022, 07:37:45 AM »
💩💩💩💩💩

:tup:

Your awesome

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh