collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Help a kid fish  (Read 17717 times)

Offline one shot kill

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: IBEW 77
Re: Help a kid fish
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2022, 10:23:05 AM »
I am wondering if it would be better to start ‘smaller’, depending on how he is doing? He may not have much stamina.
Maybe a pan fish outing to start with? Still working on getting my boat repaired or I would offer.
Lake Wa or Samamish would be a good fit distance and fishing quality.
This is kinda what I was thinking but I know hunt wa is go big or go home🤣🤣. The ocean should be fine more into late July or August but I just don’t know how fast he is going to bounce back. We will have to play it by ear. He really wants to be able to have his mom take him to a pier or jetty while I’m not here during the week. Anyone have some spots they would be willing to share?
Thank you guys so much for the support. He is so looking forward to the opportunities to meet and fish with all of you. It’s pretty much all he talked about yesterday.

Offline GWP

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2022, 10:41:18 AM »
Lake Wa has a fishing pier and parking close by. I see people catch fish there, so I know it can be done.
Cuterebra are NOT cute!

Offline WAcoueshunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2022, 11:14:05 AM »
He really wants to be able to have his mom take him to a pier or jetty while I’m not here during the week. Anyone have some spots they would be willing to share?

Magnuson Park is right next door to the hospital, and there is plenty of beach access just south of the launch ramp.  I suspect he could also fish off the end of the launch ramp dock, it's not crowded right now.  A worm under a bobber floated back towards the shore will catch perch and panfish. At the north end of the park is a dock and small pier at the sailing center (Sail Sand Point), which is inside the park.  It's all public, and I suspect other people will be fishing there too.  By mid-summer, these spots will get choked with milfoil, but it should be fine for the next six weeks or so.

https://www.sailsandpoint.org/

Offline shootem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2022, 06:37:12 PM »
So we can do a family fishing adventure on a private trout pond in south King County for the whole family. We can plan a day on your schedule. Accessible, easy, plenty of fish. I can pick you up and drop you back off if that helps. PM sent.

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2022, 07:40:44 PM »
So we can do a family fishing adventure on a private trout pond in south King County for the whole family. We can plan a day on your schedule. Accessible, easy, plenty of fish. I can pick you up and drop you back off if that helps. PM sent.
PM replied to.
I don’t know how I can possibly thank everyone enough for the offers and opportunities even if they don’t work out. This is helping to keep him positive when he is not feeling good. When he is doing good he is watching fishing videos on YouTube and he even got a Bassmaster fishing game for his Xbox to help occupy him. Thank you all.
Blake

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2022, 08:37:33 PM »
We'll get him "hooked" up.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline shootem

• Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2022, 12:06:46 AM »
Let’s give this another go.

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2022, 03:01:22 PM »
Let’s give this another go.
Just a quick update on Karson. So last Tuesday night I get a call at work that he was moved to ICU because of rapid liver failure and kidney failure called VOD, caused by the conditioning chemo and that me and my daughter need to come right away as things are not looking good. They sedated him, put him on the breathing machine, started dialysis and some meds to get this under control. Long story short, the doctors said his chances are slim but he is starting to make a comeback and the doctors are amazed. His liver is regenerating and his sisters cells are engrafted and doing their work. Things are slowly coming around and we are hopeful that he will fully recover. This is a very short update but figured I would share. Thank you guys for your generous offers. I believe they are helping to keep him fighting.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2022, 03:39:03 PM »
Thank you for the update.

We are pulling for him.

Praying for him, you and your family.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2022, 04:17:38 PM »
Thank you for the update.

We are pulling for him.

Praying for him, you and your family.
We appreciate it. We are just taking things one day at a time. I will try to update a little later this week.

Offline dyhardhuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2022, 08:21:10 AM »
I live in SW Washington so I’m little help for locations near you guys but I’m down to donate for whatever is decided. Keep your heads up and thoughts positive! Kids are darn tough! Best wishes for a full recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2022, 08:25:59 AM »
We appreciate the status updates Blake but DO NOT feel obligated to do so. You've got a lot more important things to worry about. I can't even imagine how scary an ICU visit like that must have been. Makes my heart ache. Chins up and keep stepping.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2022, 08:51:51 AM »
Praying for a speedy recovery. I can't imagine what you guys are going through. We are all pulling for him!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Cylvertip

• Conservative Heathen
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2022, 11:47:24 PM »
One step at a time.  You all hang in there.  If you need anything., this crew has your back.  Say the word and folks will make things happen.
 ANYTHING!
May that for which I prepare never come to pass.
Don't Tread On Me!

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2022, 06:42:51 AM »
Sorry it’s been so long but here is a little Karson update. We are still in ICU but the dialysis is the only thing holding him on here. He was able to eat his first chicken noodle soup last night and they are beginning weaning him of dialysis. He got a 10 out break from the machine and his kidneys handled it fine. His liver is kicking butt and they are no longer concerned with it as it is functioning normally. Things are looking good and on track to get out of ICU soon and hopefully out of the hospital around the same time. They did a bone marrow biopsy earlier this week and the graft was a success!! His cells are 100% his sisters. They told him if he robs a bank to be sure and leave some blood at the scene🤣. He is super strong kid and is now back to walking the halls and messing with the nurses. Thank you all for your prayers and we can’t wait to be able to meet up with you guys.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]