collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Help a kid fish  (Read 17730 times)

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
  • Faith, Family, Hunting, Fishing, and Dogs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/tiebinds
    • The Tie That Binds: Outdoor Ministry
  • Groups: Christian Waterfowlers Association; NRA Life Member; GOA; DU; DW
Re: Help a kid fish
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2022, 04:11:37 PM »
Does anyone have a guide they would recommend for bass fishing around Lake Washington, Samammish or Stevens area. My boy has been fishing every day from fishing docks and having fun but I would like to get him on some bigger fish. Or if you have room in your boat I will cover the fuel.

Found this guide service for Lake Washington: https://365charters.com/fishing/rates-trips/bass-fishing/

Unfortunately, my summer has slipped by and I've booked up every moment available for hosting people on the boat. But, here's what I'll do. See if you can book a guided trip with your boy there in the region and I'll cover $200 of the cost. Sound good? Once you've gone on the trip, just send me a PM and I'll Venmo you some cash.

I know a bunch of guys on here, including myself, have offered to help. Now that your boy is out of the hospital, it's time for us to step up. So, I'll start with $200.

Who else is willing to help?

I'm 100% in for $200.

Also, I am buds w/ some amazing men who are bass fishing nuts who hit Lake Washington all the time. I know they'd love to help if you guys could align schedules. PM me if interested!

Awesome! Thanks, Benny!

That's $400 now available to help you get your son on some fish. Who else is in?
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Offline one shot kill

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: IBEW 77
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2022, 08:26:37 PM »
Does anyone have a guide they would recommend for bass fishing around Lake Washington, Samammish or Stevens area. My boy has been fishing every day from fishing docks and having fun but I would like to get him on some bigger fish. Or if you have room in your boat I will cover the fuel.

Found this guide service for Lake Washington: https://365charters.com/fishing/rates-trips/bass-fishing/

Unfortunately, my summer has slipped by and I've booked up every moment available for hosting people on the boat. But, here's what I'll do. See if you can book a guided trip with your boy there in the region and I'll cover $200 of the cost. Sound good? Once you've gone on the trip, just send me a PM and I'll Venmo you some cash.

I know a bunch of guys on here, including myself, have offered to help. Now that your boy is out of the hospital, it's time for us to step up. So, I'll start with $200.

Who else is willing to help?

I'm 100% in for $200.

Also, I am buds w/ some amazing men who are bass fishing nuts who hit Lake Washington all the time. I know they'd love to help if you guys could align schedules. PM me if interested!
PM sent

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2022, 09:45:15 PM »
I just want to give a huge shout out to some members on here who helped out my boy and got him on some awesome fish. Also some things other than fishing. I promised not to mention names. Thank you guys so much!! It was so awesome to meet you all. You really made a huge impact in our lives and memories we will never forget.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 02:30:25 PM by one shot kill »

Offline Alan K

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2022, 05:21:42 AM »
Awesome!!!

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
  • Faith, Family, Hunting, Fishing, and Dogs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/tiebinds
    • The Tie That Binds: Outdoor Ministry
  • Groups: Christian Waterfowlers Association; NRA Life Member; GOA; DU; DW
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2022, 02:08:50 PM »
Love this! Stay healthy and on track for a full-recovery! We're praying for you guys!!!
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Offline hunterednate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2022, 03:12:58 PM »
This is so cool. Congrats to your son on a gorgeous fish and praying for his ongoing recovery.

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2023, 04:22:33 PM »
Hey guys. I am so sorry that I have fallen off the face of the earth. Karson is doing absolutely fantastic and the doctors are still amazed at every appointment at how well he is doing. We just celebrated his one year from bone marrow transplant day on the 13th which is a big milestone and his last treatment will be next week 🎉. We are so grateful for the opportunities that Karson has had to do what he loves even with his limitations. I cannot thank the hunt wa crew enough for keeping his hopes alive and his spirit up. You guys have truly made a difference in his life and our Family. I will try to post some update pics when I get some better internet service.

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2023, 04:28:29 PM »
Great to hear!  :tup:
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline shootem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2023, 10:01:57 PM »
Fantastic news!

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2023, 10:06:17 PM »
Great news.  Let’s get him on the water soon.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2023, 11:53:47 AM »
Sent you a pm. I’ve got a pile of trout type gear I’ll probably never use and I feel like it’s got his name on it. Can never have too much fishing gear.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2023, 05:07:25 PM »
Great news. Thanks for the update.

I hope he continues on this path and makes many more memories in the field.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2023, 08:06:19 PM »
Sent you a pm. I’ve got a pile of trout type gear I’ll probably never use and I feel like it’s got his name on it. Can never have too much fishing gear.
Thanks Jackelope. Reply sent

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2023, 08:27:34 PM »
I will say this kid has been dang lucky with fish ever since he got out of the hospital. This was his first week home. A nice 31” walleye and he finally got to shoot his new shotgun.

Offline one shot kill

• Hunter
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2023, 08:31:13 PM »
A 9lb walleye and 15lb triploid in late September.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal