collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New push for Mount St. Helens National Park  (Read 3543 times)

Offline fireweed

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: New push for Mount St. Helens National Park
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2022, 09:22:31 AM »
The real danger in MSH becoming a National Park is if the USFS basically throws up their hands and says "we don't want it anymore because it is too expensive".  I think that is a real possibility.  Vast areas of the Monument are ignored now, which is ok with me and other locals, but might not sit long-term with people who like the idea of more tourism and facilities.

As a local, I agree 100%.  The real travesty here is how long it's going to take for Drew's to reopen.
       Gas soon!  Will post when it's open for gas.  They are putting in a double wide to run the pumps.                                                                                                                                                                             

Offline wags

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: New push for Mount St. Helens National Park
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2022, 07:37:48 AM »
They tried to make Mount Saint Helens a national Park probably 20 years ago Brian bear do US congressman put a Mount Saint Helens advisory committee together I collected 385,000 signatures myself that said no national park but these are the recreations we do want since then there’s been none of those recreations allowed at the mountain and furthermore the restrictions on the monument of Mount Saint Helens are far stricter than any national parks regulations so if they’re trying to protect an area it’s already protected that’s what people don’t get people need to get one thing all these agencies have been taken over by environmental terrorists in my opinion I don’t care if it’s the DNR the fish and wildlife any of these advisory boards it’s gotten ridiculous that we’ve got a fight so hard to use our public lands since May 18 of 1980 there’s been over 300,000 acres of Mount Saint Helens that has been closed off including Spirit Lake it has been off-limits to all of us that’s 43 years ago administratively closed by a monument manager it’s time that we take our public lands back the problem is all of you on this web Site for the most part will not show up to any of those meetings it takes more than two people to protect our best interest and the interest of our families in later generations keep our public lands public
Please try to use at least a little punctuation, you may have some very good points but reading your input is a tiresome and a little frustrating.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal