collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2009 Duramax Filters  (Read 2981 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: 2009 Duramax Filters
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2022, 04:45:40 AM »
I’ve been told the 06 duramax doesn’t need the lift pump??  And what do you guys think about wix filters?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Online HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2022, 07:01:05 AM »
None of the Duramax engines need a lift pump. But they all could use one because the CP3 and CP4 suck the fuel from the tank to the engine instead of pushing the fuel from the tank to the engine. They really are a good addition even to the LBZ. Thats why I put one on mine. Even at 225,000 miles. If a person wants extra filtration throw on an Air Dog or Fass system but go with the lowest flow you can. I think they are 95 - 100 gph. The only reason you would need more is if you wanted to boost your hp up over about 500.

I would never run a WIX fuel filter on a Duramax. They are a junk filter for that application. I highly recommend the AC Delco, Racor Fuel filters. I do run the WIX oil filters though.
Dont forget to change your tranny filter also. I only run Allison and always make sure the magnet is in place.

There is enough info over on the Duramax forum to keep you reading for days about Duramax engines, fuel filters, and lift pumps!

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2022, 11:37:28 AM »
Putting a lift pump on a Duramax isn't about fuel pressure as much as its about separating the air and water from the fuel, as well as better filtration than stock. Water and air in the fuel destroys duramax injectors more than anything. The air is in the form of very, very small bubbles.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline dyhardhuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2022, 02:13:50 PM »
I’ve been in the diesel field a few days and from my experience I would stick with the factory filters. That particular year of duramax did not have the fuel pump issues like the 2011-2018 engines did. Keep it stock. The biggest killers of an fuel system are water and cavitation(air) and contamination. Every time you open a fuel system there’s a possibility for contamination. Don’t fill up at seedy gas stations and change your filters at regular intervals and you’ll be fine. And for goodness sake don’t put a tuner on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal