collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New to bugling - recommendations?  (Read 2575 times)

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
Re: New to bugling - recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2022, 01:21:16 PM »
multiple call and use tempo , if in doubt start soft, and if he likes what your doing don't change it (if he is reacting and coming to a cow call id probably not bugle at him.) what time of year ?
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2022, 05:37:13 PM »
multiple call and use tempo , if in doubt start soft, and if he likes what your doing don't change it (if he is reacting and coming to a cow call id probably not bugle at him.) what time of year ?

A man to listen to. Especially when he has the double deuce bugler.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2022, 06:24:07 PM »
I started with the primos with the blue mouth piece found it was the easiest to make a noise on. Years later I wanted to be louder and switched to a power bugle the transition was not to hard. One year I got a Phelps tube and one single reed and essentially learned how to use it on my way to elk camp. If you want to use the reed style calls I recommend getting a few different kinds from a few different brands some work well for me and some not no much. All you really need to be able to do is hit that high note, some of the worst sounding bugles come from real elk.

:yeah:  Cant tell you how many times I have been out and was positive I had another hunter coming to me and then BAM out steps a bull.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2022, 07:23:26 PM »
I've been calling elk for years. You can call in all seasons. My advice is never over challenge your bulls. Use your locator call then mimic them. If your in riffle season focus more on cow calls. An lost calf. Look up Jason Phelps on u tube that man is amazing. I will never use any call but his an I have tried them all until I got his. Good luck

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal