collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Commissioners Smith and Rowlands Rant  (Read 13485 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Commissioners Smith and Rowlands Rant
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2023, 09:53:58 AM »
I would imagine that a PDR to come up with the email took quite a while to get. That would explain why it was from MAY of last year.

SB5675

I admire the intent of the bill. In my opinion it has some major holes in it that prevent it from accomplishing what it sets out to do. Its lays the responsibility of the nomination committee in the Governor and Sen Van DeWeges hands. The same 2 folks that are not currently following the law OR being the necessary check and balance in the system. If passed this would put a hand picked buffer to take the criticism of both parties not doing their job. Another problem I see is definitions for each required position. What constitutes a sportsmen organization? does CNW constitute one?

I dont know if anyone could write up a bill that could be passed to fix this problem. The Governor IS a major part of the problem and he would have to sign any bill that would fix the problem. Since HE is the problem why would he sign anything that strips his ability to pack the commission with Animal Rights Activists?

I only see a couple of ways out of our predicament. 1 the lawsuit 2 elections
https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2023-24/Htm/Bills/Senate%20Bills/5675.htm

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2023, 10:03:44 AM »
I would imagine that a PDR to come up with the email took quite a while to get. That would explain why it was from MAY of last year.

SB5675

I admire the intent of the bill. In my opinion it has some major holes in it that prevent it from accomplishing what it sets out to do. Its lays the responsibility of the nomination committee in the Governor and Sen Van DeWeges hands. The same 2 folks that are not currently following the law OR being the necessary check and balance in the system. If passed this would put a hand picked buffer to take the criticism of both parties not doing their job. Another problem I see is definitions for each required position. What constitutes a sportsmen organization? does CNW constitute one?

I dont know if anyone could write up a bill that could be passed to fix this problem. The Governor IS a major part of the problem and he would have to sign any bill that would fix the problem. Since HE is the problem why would he sign anything that strips his ability to pack the commission with Animal Rights Activists?

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2023-24/Htm/Bills/Senate%20Bills/5675.htm
I agree.
That's why I said ,Commission needs to be gone.
We don't need a commission to set wildlife laws and rules in this state.
I'd be perfectly fine with WDFW setting rules based on science and needs of our state's wildlife.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2023, 10:09:37 AM »

SB5675

I agree.
I'd be perfectly fine with WDFW setting rules based on science and needs of our state's wildlife.

Be careful what you ask for. We were without a commission before and didnt fair well as sportsmen. The governor just picked the director. Right now We have a great director Susewind, but what happens when he retires? He has 30 years in working for the state. I think this governor would LOVE to make some Animal rights activist the Director of WDFW to really drive it into the ground.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2023, 10:58:23 AM »

SB5675

I agree.

Be careful what you ask for. We were without a commission before and didnt fair well as sportsmen. The governor just picked the director. Right now We have a great director Susewind, but what happens when he retires? He has 30 years in working for the state. I think this governor would LOVE to make some Animal rights activist the Director of WDFW to really drive it into the ground.
That probably gonna happen when our director retires,regardless if we have a Commission.

I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline WWC

• Strenght Through Unity-A United Sportsmens Voice
  • WWC
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/w4wc.org
    • Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2023, 08:18:19 PM »

SB5675

I agree.

That probably gonna happen when our director retires,regardless if we have a Commission.

It is best not to be a fatalist. We have a means to bring balance and accountability back to the commission. Be strong and have faith, several dedicated sportsmen are working hard to preserve the heritage.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”—Sir Winston Churchill.
"Wildlife thrives today because of regulated sport hunting, not in spite of it."

Offline elksnout

• Sourdough
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2023, 08:54:01 PM »

SB5675

I agree.

It is best not to be a fatalist. We have a means to bring balance and accountability back to the commission. Be strong and have faith, several dedicated sportsmen are working hard to preserve the heritage.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”—Sir Winston Churchill.

So...there's a lot of speculation and comments between this thread and the other one under hunting topics. So I'm kinda lost a bit. How are sportsman being represented for Fridays meeting?

elksnout
Can't we all just get along?

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2023, 11:05:30 PM »

SB5675

I agree.

So...there's a lot of speculation and comments between this thread and the other one under hunting topics. So I'm kinda lost a bit. How are sportsman being represented for Fridays meeting?

elksnout

I'm gonna make the assumption that Fridays meeting is too direct of a assertion. 1st its just a presentation of amendments so some procedural stuff will have to take place, comments and such. 2nd many of the commissioners are ignoring all manner of rules, laws and procedures. This proposal seems to be another on the stack. 3rd I can only assume that WWC meant the lawsuit because that is the only chance at changing the Commission. According to what WWC has stated so far, and what I can asertain,  a lawsuit is the only way to make a difference at this point.

Confucius

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2023, 12:20:42 AM »

SB5675

I agree.

How are sportsman being represented for Fridays meeting?

elksnout

Bottom line, they’re not!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal