Community > Advocacy, Agencies, Access

Commissioner Rowland lays bare her feelings on spring bear.

(1/7) > >>

WWC:
At about the 4th hour or 12 o clock hour Commissioner McIsaac asked a clarification about where in the schedule they were going to do a deep dive discussion on Spring bear. Commissioner Rowland stated she has no interest in discussing spring bear as she feels we should not have one.  Jumping up to defend sportsmen Commissioner Thorburn stated that it was their job to listen to stake holders, and that the previous vote was supposed to be about the number and kind of spring permits.
4:03:30 Commissioner Rowlands comments

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/play/5Pz7c5HxzNi_QuZOlMoHxW9OdaRlsJnT3DVoCiKhGa4ZJ2vQQ-deAL61uxpiQRYwhuHUZ3rexzKxIaUj.A6_CVzxA1ARln0rv?continueMode=true&_x_zm_rtaid=Et1Q0bffSEauk028M9TMsA.1654894781435.ede27e6c74652dd6042430fc2c2086bf&_x_zm_rhtaid=507&fbclid=IwAR2Q3RxXhzqfjI2qdo2n0ngamgv68ulLOcNKzzPdLuARBMjV-BsdxUvc7_c

Ridgerunner:
WOW!!!  No agenda there, nothing to see lets move on.  Puke!!!

pianoman9701:
Rowland's appointment actually goes against the mission of the Wildlife Commission and the rules for the appointments.

Bullkllr:

--- Quote from: pianoman9701 on June 10, 2022, 01:31:39 PM ---Rowland's appointment actually goes against the mission of the Wildlife Commission and the rules for the appointments.

--- End quote ---

I'd like it if you could take a moment to elaborate your thoughts some there, perhaps. Not saying you're wrong or I disagree; seems like it could be leverage if a good argument could be articulated.

pianoman9701:
Our Mission (Wildlife Commission)
To preserve, protect and perpetuate fish, wildlife and ecosystems while providing sustainable fish and wildlife recreational and commercial opportunities.

"Commissioner Rowland stated she has no interest in discussing spring bear as she feels we should not have one." She's using her personal political beliefs instead of wildlife science to determine what she thinks is right or wrong. In my opinion, someone who is anti-sustainable-hunting by any extent whatsoever should not be on the Commission, as it is contrary to their stated mission.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version