collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Commissioner Rowland lays bare her feelings on spring bear.  (Read 6522 times)

Offline WWC

• Strenght Through Unity-A United Sportsmens Voice
  • WWC
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/w4wc.org
    • Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation
At about the 4th hour or 12 o clock hour Commissioner McIsaac asked a clarification about where in the schedule they were going to do a deep dive discussion on Spring bear. Commissioner Rowland stated she has no interest in discussing spring bear as she feels we should not have one.  Jumping up to defend sportsmen Commissioner Thorburn stated that it was their job to listen to stake holders, and that the previous vote was supposed to be about the number and kind of spring permits.
4:03:30 Commissioner Rowlands comments

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/play/5Pz7c5HxzNi_QuZOlMoHxW9OdaRlsJnT3DVoCiKhGa4ZJ2vQQ-deAL61uxpiQRYwhuHUZ3rexzKxIaUj.A6_CVzxA1ARln0rv?continueMode=true&_x_zm_rtaid=Et1Q0bffSEauk028M9TMsA.1654894781435.ede27e6c74652dd6042430fc2c2086bf&_x_zm_rhtaid=507&fbclid=IwAR2Q3RxXhzqfjI2qdo2n0ngamgv68ulLOcNKzzPdLuARBMjV-BsdxUvc7_c
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 02:17:03 PM by WWC »
"Wildlife thrives today because of regulated sport hunting, not in spite of it."

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Commissioner Rowland lays bare her feelings on spring bear.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 12:52:25 PM »
WOW!!!  No agenda there, nothing to see lets move on.  Puke!!!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 01:31:39 PM »
Rowland's appointment actually goes against the mission of the Wildlife Commission and the rules for the appointments.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 01:40:45 PM »
Rowland's appointment actually goes against the mission of the Wildlife Commission and the rules for the appointments.

I'd like it if you could take a moment to elaborate your thoughts some there, perhaps. Not saying you're wrong or I disagree; seems like it could be leverage if a good argument could be articulated.
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 02:00:09 PM »
Our Mission (Wildlife Commission)
To preserve, protect and perpetuate fish, wildlife and ecosystems while providing sustainable fish and wildlife recreational and commercial opportunities.

"Commissioner Rowland stated she has no interest in discussing spring bear as she feels we should not have one." She's using her personal political beliefs instead of wildlife science to determine what she thinks is right or wrong. In my opinion, someone who is anti-sustainable-hunting by any extent whatsoever should not be on the Commission, as it is contrary to their stated mission.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline johnbmyersii

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
  • Groups: BHA
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 02:04:25 PM »
To preserve, protect and perpetuate fish, wildlife and ecosystems while providing sustainable fish and wildlife recreational and commercial opportunities.

"Commissioner Rowland stated she has no interest in discussing spring bear as she feels we should not have one." She's using her personal political beliefs instead of wildlife science to determine what she thinks is right or wrong. In my opinion, someone who is anti-sustainable-hunting by any extent whatsoever should not be on the Commission, as it is contrary to their stated mission.

There's also an RCW 77.04.040 which states that the Governor shall seek to maintain a balance reflecting all aspects of fish and wildlife, including representation recommended by organized groups representing sport fishers, commercial fishers, hunters, private landowners, environmentalists. Currently the commission is way too far leaning towards environmentalists. Not sure how we could come together to challenge this but its worth discussing.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 02:05:52 PM »

There's also an RCW 77.04.040 which states that the Governor shall seek to maintain a balance reflecting all aspects of fish and wildlife, including representation recommended by organized groups representing sport fishers, commercial fishers, hunters, private landowners, environmentalists. Currently the commission is way too far leaning towards environmentalists. Not sure how we could come together to challenge this but its worth discussing.

Thank you. I was looking for that RCW.  :tup:

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2022, 02:12:57 PM »

I would classify them as climate alarmists and predator starvationists.
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline WWC

• Strenght Through Unity-A United Sportsmens Voice
  • WWC
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/w4wc.org
    • Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2022, 02:17:49 PM »
The direct link is now included on the first post now that it is publicly available.
"Wildlife thrives today because of regulated sport hunting, not in spite of it."

Offline HillHound

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2022, 02:41:00 PM »
Well I sure don’t think I would be too upset if Smith and Rowland followed through with their threats of self harm if they are forced to discuss the possibility of a spring bear season again. I’m definitely not advocating violence but if they say they want to shoot themself in the head before discussing spring bear season again then that is their choice And who are we to keep them from it. Ridiculous we have people on the commission that flat out say their minds are made up and they will not listen to any testimony, proof, or anything else. They are not upholding the duty of their job and they should be removed

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2022, 02:45:20 PM »
I'm sure there not ready to discuss anything.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2022, 02:47:22 PM »
Time for a couple impeachments.  Thornburn is on our side 100%.

What a mess these other two liberal hags are.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2022, 02:58:34 PM »
 :yeah:

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 03:29:09 PM »
Not to judge a book by its cover but just looking at the screenshots, do any of them really look like they are avid hunters or anglers?
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2022, 03:55:34 PM »
Not to judge a book by its cover but just looking at the screenshots, do any of them really look like they are avid hunters or anglers?

Does anybody?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand