collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2022 Wenaha Any Ram  (Read 14795 times)

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: 2022 Wenaha Any Ram
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2022, 11:13:19 AM »
following along

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2022, 09:20:36 AM »
Any info on what happened with this hunt?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 03:27:53 PM by LDennis24 »

Offline Britt-dog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2022, 05:47:24 PM »
Hoping OP will come back and tell us about his hunt, even if unsuccessful.

Offline time2hunt

• Sourdough
2022 Wenaha Any Ram
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2022, 06:56:17 PM »
I’m curious also how it went I’m pretty sure that there was not enough planning on the sheep crossing from Oregon to Washington ! A guys need to have pack horse and the mobility
to get into the  back country where those sheep are. This is not a unit where a guy can sit off the road and try to glass and find sheep. I know the Mountain View tag struggled a little also but filled with a real nice ram. Those two unit need to be really looked into before applying those sheep spend a lot of time in Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 07:03:14 PM by time2hunt »
Local 3482

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2022, 05:36:41 AM »
That may be true for the wenaha tag. I know several places in Mountain View where you can glass sheep from the road.

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2022, 07:29:57 AM »
Im not saying this about the tag holder this year but the wenaha sheep tag is a very tough hunt, If your not a backpack style hunter that is hard core and can spend the time scouting in the summer and dedicate alot of time for the hunt then please don't apply for it and go after the tags that are an easier style hunt. Washington won't likely get this tag every year so it needs to be filled everytime we get one.. There are good rams there just hard to get to...

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2022, 07:41:08 AM »
Im not saying this about the tag holder this year but the wenaha sheep tag is a very tough hunt, If your not a backpack style hunter that is hard core and can spend the time scouting in the summer and dedicate alot of time for the hunt then please don't apply for it and go after the tags that are an easier style hunt. Washington won't likely get this tag every year so it needs to be filled everytime we get one.. There are good rams there just hard to get to...

Sorry but I don't understand this post, anybody who wants to can put in for the tag and they can hunt it however they want to do it. Doesn't matter if you've been trying for 20 years and they got it in three years  That's how it works. These posts like this where people tell others not to be putting in for something they're not "good enough for" is BS. If the tag didn't get filled then there is just one more ram out there that will be bigger next year right?  :dunno:.     Not trying to pick a fight but how does this encourage others to be successful when you tell them that unless they do what you would do they aren't doing it right?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 07:59:24 AM by LDennis24 »

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2022, 08:17:02 AM »
Why?  What's the downside to it not being filled for future WA hunters?
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline time2hunt

• Sourdough
2022 Wenaha Any Ram
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2022, 09:19:50 AM »

Sorry but I don't understand this post, anybody who wants to can put in for the tag and they can hunt it however they want to do it. Doesn't matter if you've been trying for 20 years and they got it in three years  That's how it works. These posts like this where people tell others not to be putting in for something they're not "good enough for" is BS. If the tag didn't get filled then there is just one more ram out there that will be bigger next year right?  :dunno:.     Not trying to pick a fight but how does this encourage others to be successful when you tell them that unless they do what you would do they aren't doing it right?
I’m not saying don’t put in but you better do your homework. Those sheep move back a forth from Oregon to Washington in some of the nastiest county around. Why would you want to waste 15-25 point on once in a life time tag if your not set up for success?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 09:30:58 AM by time2hunt »
Local 3482

Offline HUNT JR

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2022, 09:39:51 AM »

I’m not saying don’t put in but you better do your homework. Those sheep move back a forth from Oregon to Washington in some of the nastiest county around. Why would you want to waste 15-25 point on once in a life time tag if your not set up for success?

Sh*t just drawing that tag is a success. Odds are you will never draw a sheep tag in your life, even if you don't kill a sheep, I'd bet it would be a great adventure and one heck of an experience.

Offline borntoslay

• Scout
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2022, 12:36:11 PM »
I saw a massive Ram in 163 earlier this year. Record book caliber. Early morning he was coming out of one of the big dry nasty ravine wasteland areas to get a drink from the river. Wish I could have gotten a picture

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

(  .  )(  .  )

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2022, 01:07:51 PM »
When Nwhunter speaks about the blues, I’m all ears!!  I’ll take his advice to the bank!  He’s just giving people a heads up and real good info on what to expect. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2022, 03:06:25 PM »
Well some need to read posts like nwhunter. I look at as good info and beware, way too many people apply for tags that they had no clue what they were getting into and regret it when their 20 pts are now gone. Couldn’t even begin to count the stories I’ve heard and the wish I woulda done some homework before applying

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2022, 03:18:47 PM »
Ok so I understand what you guys are saying and what he meant by his post. I would think people would look into that and it would be a no brainier, maybe that's just me. I'm familiar with the unit and the area. I don't have time for it like you guys are saying, so I don't put in for it. But the whole "this tag needs to be filled" doesn't make sense. It's almost like saying, you don't know what you're doing, you took an opportunity from someone else. I've been on here long enough and read plenty of nwhunters posts. I know he knows sheep and noticed he's hoping for that tag.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2022, 03:21:02 PM »
How about we give the guy a chance to report back? I have no clue is he harvested or not. :dunno:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]