collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First ever tag- ritzville buck  (Read 4830 times)

Online HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: First ever tag- ritzville buck
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 08:37:41 PM »
Love my Meopta Meostar B.1s 10x42. Lot of people would put them right up there With top tier glass.

I also think if you could find a pair of Nikon Monarch hg I think you would be extremely happy. Sometimes you can find them used for $5-600.

The Vortex warranty is nice but there is a lot of good glass with good warranties. Have heard many times that it good that Vortex has such a hood warranty because there's a good chance you will need it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 08:48:03 PM by HntnFsh »

Offline blindluck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 09:02:26 PM »
Come on y’all, let’s see some success pictures.

Offline bman940

• Love to hunt and shoot,especially with my son who will be a 2nd LT USAF when he comissions 5/21
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • pretty much retired, Oregonian for 33 years
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 08:39:02 AM »
I'd definitely take the Meopta Meostar B1 Plus 10x42's, but if I hadn't yet made a purchase,I'd take and I did, the MeoStar B1 Plus 12X50 HD. As someone who has hunted the big open country of Eastern Oregon, it's nice to get as good a look as possible before you start what could be a long stalk. A decent spotter would be nice as well. Best of luck and I'm sure we will be hearing about your hunt.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 04:14:34 PM »
My son a few years back late season Ritzville. 2012 or 2013
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:09:20 PM by dvolmer »
Zonk Volmer

Offline Jimmy33

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2022, 05:01:22 PM »
My son a few years back late season Ritzville.
Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
    from violent people you save me.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2022, 05:11:08 PM »
My daughter in 2015 late buck Ritzville.  Not a monster (3x3) but she only had one day to hunt. A baby back at home.
Zonk Volmer

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2022, 05:55:13 PM »
Ritzville late buck tag is a decent buck tag but nothing all that great. I have never had the tag but my son, daughter, brother, and hunting partner have all drawn the tag in the past.  It has been 6 years since we last had it so maybe something wonderful has happened since then.  If you have nice private property to hunt then it could be possibly real good.  Another option is to try and pay an access fee for some good hunting land from some of the hunting clubs that have literally taken over most of the good hunting ground around Washtucna and Hooper.  If you are a DIY hunter hunting on public ground you probably will be let down.  It's easy to get a buck because the tag is for "any buck" and spikes and two points will be easy to find even on public property.  But good quality 4 points and bigger will be very hard to come by.  With the four tags we have drawn we have shot a 4 point, two 3 points, and one 2 point.  We did have permission to hunt some private.  I hunted all over the Hooper area for many years in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's.  Every ranch that I used to hunt have had the old ranchers pass away and the kids have put them all in hunting clubs.  Like i said, it is a decent tag but nothing great in my opinion.  Lots of the hunting by written permission landowners will not return your calls or let you hunt because they are just using the game dept to post their land for free.  It amazes me the drawing odds and the number of applicants that apply for it.  Good luck on your hunt.  I don't mean to be negative, just realistic and honest.  If you can get permission to hunt on Beckly's, Blankenship's, Gray's, Clinesmith's, or the Bar-U ranch it would be a real good hunt.  Make sure when you ask for permission that they know you are hunting a late hunt after the regular season is over.  That might get them to listen to you longer.  You probably will have to pay for access but you might get lucky.
Zonk Volmer

Offline Rutnbuxnbulls

• Scout
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2022, 10:42:32 AM »
I almost was starting to think there was no way drawing a special hunt tag was real until I got the official “selected”. excited to hopefully put down my first muley. I have a few private places that should be lined up come season. Any input on how to hunt the area or just some success stories would be appreciated! I will keep everyone posted come season if I am successful. Congrats to all the other tag holders and good luck!
:tup:

Hi just wondering if you had an update on this tag, scouting or otherwise. I’ve got the late bow tag so kinda gettin pumped to go kill a big 2!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]