collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cellular trail Cameras  (Read 10983 times)

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
Re: Cellular trail Cameras
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2022, 08:55:32 AM »
I have been thinking about a couple of these for security cameras at a cabin... We have verizon and get 1-2 bars of service, do you guys think that would be enough? When we were there last week you couldn't make a call, but a text would go through.
Yeah, should be enough. The antennas on the cameras are stronger than the ones on cell phones.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2022, 09:10:44 AM »
Here are some pics for example. I have stealth cams.

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
    • facebook
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2022, 09:11:44 AM »

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2022, 09:05:02 PM »
I have been thinking about a couple of these for security cameras at a cabin... We have verizon and get 1-2 bars of service, do you guys think that would be enough? When we were there last week you couldn't make a call, but a text would go through.
Yeah, should be enough. The antennas on the cameras are stronger than the ones on cell phones.

Thanks for the reply... Camofire has the Spypoint Micro cell/solar on sale right now for $129

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
I'm running the Bushnell with Verizon.  I have 3 bars where the cameras sit.  Been up for 6 weeks with 2500 pictures and still have 100% battery life.  This was just a test to see how long the batteries will last.  My hunting grounds where I'll put them has 4 and even 5 bars. So super impressed with these

3 bars .... on your phone? 
What does the camera say for cell reception, great-or moderate?

I just tried to set up mine, in mountains my cell was receiving video notifications from our home security cameras and i could watch them. The camera had a yellow light which means moderate signal. Was not able to get them to link together and work.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline phildobaggins

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • big buck big buck big buck
  • Groups: RMEF, MDF
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2022, 04:51:43 PM »
One thing you will find with bushnell models and their battery life indicator is it will go from 100% to 0% really fast so don't bank on it.

^^^ I've had that happen to me, too!

I'm loving my Tactacams. Turn the sensitivity down, have the pictures send twice a day. $5/month/cam for 500 pics. Batteries last a real long time, and I've been in areas where my cell phone says "No Service" but the cam will have one or two bars.... and it sends me pictures :)

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2022, 05:08:30 PM »
I'm running the Bushnell with Verizon.  I have 3 bars where the cameras sit.  Been up for 6 weeks with 2500 pictures and still have 100% battery life.  This was just a test to see how long the batteries will last.  My hunting grounds where I'll put them has 4 and even 5 bars. So super impressed with these

3 bars .... on your phone? 
What does the camera say for cell reception, great-or moderate?

I just tried to set up mine, in mountains my cell was receiving video notifications from our home security cameras and i could watch them. The camera had a yellow light which means moderate signal. Was not able to get them to link together and work.

Quote myself   lololol

Did not take pics when i set it up or during the entire week it was there, then..........When I went back to switch cam out to a regular one, it took 3 pics and sent them to me while i was there. WEIRD 
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2022, 07:31:06 PM »
One thing you will find with bushnell models and their battery life indicator is it will go from 100% to 0% really fast so don't bank on it.

^^^ I've had that happen to me, too!

I'm loving my Tactacams. Turn the sensitivity down, have the pictures send twice a day. $5/month/cam for 500 pics. Batteries last a real long time, and I've been in areas where my cell phone says "No Service" but the cam will have one or two bars.... and it sends me pictures :)

Setting 2 of my 4 Tactacams this weekend. Got them on sale at Cabelas plus the ActiveJunky cash back, but plus tax and shipping I think they came out to about $100 each.

Wanted to set two last weekend but there was zero service in my new elk spots...I've been impressed with how easy they are to set up and I like the app. Pretty confident that they'll work great.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal