collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hanson Fish Co is partnering with Seafood Producer's Cooperative in Sitka!  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
Here's the deal-

Some of you may not know that I opted not to run my direct market fish sales in 2022.  The rapidly rising interest rates, out-of-control inflation on nearly all packaging supplies and services I need to pull this off, and my major breakdown last year all conspired to whip up a scenario that kept me from being able to park the huge amount of cash needed in this enterprise.  Link to that thread explaining this here: https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,271528.0.html

As part of my "lay low in 2022" strategy, and still not leaving everybody hanging, I have been working on a deal with my Co-op, Seafood Producers Cooperative (SPC) up here in Sitka to help cover the fish needs of the folks in this group and beyond.  As an SPC member since 2015, I have an interest in it being successful, and I will be selling all of my fish to them in 2022.  That means my fish, along with those of the other co-op members, are going into the packages.  SPC was slow out of the gates to start selling direct to consumers, since it was founded primarily to trade in large volumes overseas.  They now have a pretty good selection of fish on the direct market side of things, and I'm going to help them keep that quality level up to snuff-

Instead of just giving everybody a link and saying "good luck," however, I have been actively negotiating a special deal for the people that have supported me for years.  A big part of what we all did together in WA was buying in bulk to get the best deal I could out there, and I have been able to replicate some of that with SPC for our group.  They definitely won't be running a truck around the state to hand off deliveries personally, but through this program I put together with SPC people using this avenue to get fish won't be restricted to a 5# box delivered via FedEx either.

Here's the basics of the program:
  • Order online with the provided code, and get 10% off at checkout.  This is a "deliver to your door" deal, via FedEx.
  • A deeper discount is available for orders over 20# total.  Depending on the product mix, it can be an additional 5-10% off - up to double the baseline discount.  These orders must be emailed in to alaskagoldservice@alaskagoldbrand.com to get the combined discount.  Make sure you reference the coupon code in the email to get the combined discounts!
  • The deepest discount is available for the folks that can pickup 20# or more in Ferndale, WA (SPC's headquarters).  The program here is for those that can put a little sweat equity into the project by making the drive and meeting up with Kendall, the program manager - but the total discount available is in the 25%-35% range, depending on product mix!  I wanted to make sure we had this option available to the buying groups to reflect the style of buying we had before.  It is only available to the orders that are emailed in, and using my boat's code.  I'm hoping a few folks in the Puget Sound area will be able to combine orders and take advantage of this deal.

Our custom Discount Code:  SPCDiamondLil (copy and paste it, it needs to be exact)

SPC Direct Market website (https://alaskagoldbrand.com/collections/all)

For emailed in orders (20#+ orders, either shipped or picked up in Ferndale): alaskagoldservice@alaskagoldbrand.com

A few important details:

For the deepest discount (pickup in Ferndale), orders need to be confirmed with Kendall via email at least 48 hours in advance, and need to be picked up weekdays only between the hours of 10am and 3pm.  If you're interested in this avenue, email Kendall at the above email address, give them our discount code, and ask for a price list for picked up fish.

I will be getting a tiny commission on these sales, in addition to helping out my Co-op grow it's direct to consumer business (and thereby ensuring I have a place to sell my fish).  In the last few years, SPC started to see me as direct competition, so I am also using this opportunity to un-ruffle some feathers.  Kendall and I have chatted at length, and we believe this is a good fit for my customer base and SPC going forward.

I went ahead and renewed by Business Sponsorship on HuntWa so I could promote this, hoping to get my $50 back in commissions on sales using my discount code. It's not a slam dunk, it's a tiny commission!  :chuckle:  I could have taken a bigger commission, but the prices to you folks wouldn't be as good for the 20# and up orders.  That's where the real value is at (either shipped to your door or picked up in Ferndale).  Don't hesitate to snoop around the site, and email Kendall if you have questions.  I will be available to answer a few questions in the next few days, so hit me up (text is best), but I'm gearing up for the big show on July 1 on the Fairweather Grounds and I'll be out of reliable comm's until early-mid October.

Thanks for checking this out, and I do hope some of you can take advantage of the deal I have set up for us with my Co-op.

Good Fishin'-

KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
Wow Chris, that is a heck of an effort and good deal. I'd be game for a Ferndale road trip.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Online wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
Thanks Chris,  :tup:  Maybe I could arrange some order pickup with the south sound folks. Some of them still work and I'm retired, just a thought.
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline Wingin it

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
That’s great! I hope you get plenty of business. Any chance those fantastic scallops will appear on the website?

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Chris,

This is amazing and warms my heart, as you know I have a lot of family history with SPC as far back as the 1950's (my grandfather) and into the 2000's with my uncle. This is so cool to be able to make this happen, and with a discount to boot! Will definitely be getting some Ling Cod, and other great fish to fill our freezer. Thanks for making this happen for the group!

Bob Beam
IAFF #3728

Offline storyteller

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
It might be in the thread but is this for buying fish near the end of the year or anytime that  we want to get a big amount?   It is really nice of you to do this  for all  of  us.

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
Thanks for your great efforts Chris!  :tup:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
It might be in the thread but is this for buying fish near the end of the year or anytime that  we want to get a big amount?   It is really nice of you to do this  for all  of  us.

Great question - this is an anytime thing.  If it's in stock in Ferndale and listed on the website, you now have access to it for pickup or shipping direct to your door.  If you're not seeing what you want on the SPC website, please email Kendall and let him know you're looking for something - it will help drive the supply.  He knows to expect a few special inquiries from my customers, don't be shy about asking for whatever seafood you want to see. Maybe let me know too so I can push from my end. It may actually be in stock but not at a quantity they can post online yet.  Knowledgeable customers get the first shot at limited quantity items.

That’s great! I hope you get plenty of business. Any chance those fantastic scallops will appear on the website?

I specifically prodded Kendall on this point, and at the current time they don't have plans to add this to the website.  However, you all have a lot of collective power here to get these in the pipeline if enough of you ask for them.  When I become aware that they are on offer via SPC at some point in the future, I will definitely post about that on here.

An unintended benefit of the new program here is that as a group we can get the fish out to a bigger geographical area.  If you have friends or relatives in areas outside of my normal distribution map, feel free to share the discount code and special program with them.  If you think they need a little valudation, feel free to share my contact info with them as well so that can reach out to me. The best way is via text ((2oh6) 579-67one5) or email - chris@hansonfish.com). I can't give out my boat's sat phone number at $1.99/minute tho, so I may be a bit delayed in tesponding after June 29th.  :chuckle: We have a couple of HumtWa ex-pat's around the nation that can now get fish from my co-op delivered directly to their doors as well if they want, not possible before.  :tup:

KABOOM Count - 1

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
Chris,

This is amazing and warms my heart, as you know I have a lot of family history with SPC as far back as the 1950's (my grandfather) and into the 2000's with my uncle. This is so cool to be able to make this happen, and with a discount to boot! Will definitely be getting some Ling Cod, and other great fish to fill our freezer. Thanks for making this happen for the group!

Bob Beam

You know it Bob, and I'm honored to be a small link in a long chain connecting SPC and your family. 

For those that don't know, Bob has some great stories about this whole industry and lifestyle. The boat his grandfather owned is still operating out of a tiny port town on southern Baranof Island, Port Alexander. She is very well cared for, as your can see by this fairly recent (though not great) pic of her in Sitka.  The amount of stainless trim and deck hardware she sports now is stunning.  :tup:
KABOOM Count - 1

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
Thanks for putting this together Chris. Good work
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline Twispriver

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
 :yeah:
We'll give it a try for sure
If you're a Nigerian Prince with an inheritance to share, please call 1-800-Mar-a-Lago now. We're getting desperate here.

Offline Bareback

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
As a future employee, did my benefits improve?

Offline EyeTooth

• Hunter
YUM! Thank you Chris.

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
Re: Hanson Fish Co is partnering with Seafood Producer's Cooperative in Sitka!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 05:15:27 PM »
Hey,

Picked up my fish on September 30 in Ferndale, 40 pounds of Ling Cod, and a five pound box of smoked Salmon. Never thought I would ever buy smoked fish, but had to try it, delicious! Also, if they complain about the *censored* that can't add that would be me, sorry,  :chuckle:

The two guys in trench coats dealing out of the trunk of an old Buick were a nice touch though hahahaha just kidding. The industrial complex was interesting, but really easy to navigate, and they all but loaded it into my cooler!

Thanks again for getting this set up two families now have Ling Cod for the winter and some smoked Salmon for lunches!

Hope all is well in Sitka
IAFF #3728

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal