collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sauk archery bull tag  (Read 3586 times)

Offline LastLookTaxidermy

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
    • Last Look Taxidermy Studio
Sauk archery bull tag
« on: June 23, 2022, 10:31:08 AM »
I got lucky and drew an archery bull tag for 437. I used to work in the unit as a forestry tech and see elk pretty often on the mid valley resources and old longfibre ground. Now I am a stay at home mom running a taxidermy business so I no longer spend time up there. I am waiting to hear back from the region bio and I also contacted the regions “team” to see if they have any pointers or landowners that have damage complaints. If anyone has any pointers or someone who has had the tag in the past and is willing to give me some direction it would be much appreciated. My husband works a lot in the Longview Weyco land so if anyone is looking for direction on any toutle tags I’d be more than willing to help. As of right now I plan on buying a Hampton permit for 437.

Offline MLBowhunting

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Sauk archery bull tag
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 01:08:04 PM »
Good luck and I hope someone can point you in the right direction.
Copper John Pro Staff
R.A.D Broadheads
R.A.D Peeps
Hot Shot Pro Staff

Offline head hunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 02:17:21 PM »
Save your money on the Hampton permit you won’t find many if any elk up there. Focus on the areas around the river
Its all about the bone baby!

Offline johnnyaustin44

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 03:11:02 PM »
Save your money on the Hampton permit you won’t find many if any elk up there. Focus on the areas around the river
Second that. The Hampton permit area has virtually no elk. None that I’ve seen or heard of and I spend a fair amount of time in the 437 section on Hampton property. Northern edge of 437 towards the river will be the best bet for finding the elk.

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 04:45:32 PM »
Look at fs road 18 out of almost darlington an go way back there's enough elk to fill that tag.also off the south skagit hwy.

Offline LastLookTaxidermy

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
    • Last Look Taxidermy Studio
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 01:45:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply’s guys. I had a nice long chat with the area’s bio. He mentioned that last year wasn’t as successful as years prior for that tag, here’s to hoping this year will be a good one! He wasn’t able to tell me which landowners have damage complaints but he did tell me who’s doors not to bother knocking on.

Offline spin05

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 02:20:09 AM »
Thanks for the reply’s guys. I had a nice long chat with the area’s bio. He mentioned that last year wasn’t as successful as years prior for that tag, here’s to hoping this year will be a good one! He wasn’t able to tell me which landowners have damage complaints but he did tell me who’s doors not to bother knocking on.

I hope he mentioned not knocking on Barbra Trask door.  Matter a fact dont even ask one of her nieghbor land owners. If your elk runs to her property .You wont get it back

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 03:26:02 PM »

I hope he mentioned not knocking on Barbra Trask door.  Matter a fact dont even ask one of her nieghbor land owners. If your elk runs to her property .You wont get it back
Spin05 I hope an elk was not wasted.  I would not consider this sage advice. Although the Skagit is made up of diverse landowners with many different views there has usually been workarounds, especially where communications were frequent and respectful.  I can tell you over the years there has been multiple recoveries on one of the mentioned properties.  I also know of multiple trespasses that have occurred, specifically by some hunters that traveled quite a ways to hunt the Skagit (not spin05).  This has created some difficult relationships.  This also includes multiple bulls in a single season that were arrowed and not recovered. Try to do your best and communicate with respect, there has been several out of area hunters that have really complicated the relationships in the valley.

Offline spin05

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 01:15:58 AM »

Spin05 I hope an elk was not wasted.  I would not consider this sage advice. Although the Skagit is made up of diverse landowners with many different views there has usually been workarounds, especially where communications were frequent and respectful.  I can tell you over the years there has been multiple recoveries on one of the mentioned properties.  I also know of multiple trespasses that have occurred, specifically by some hunters that traveled quite a ways to hunt the Skagit (not spin05).  This has created some difficult relationships.  This also includes multiple bulls in a single season that were arrowed and not recovered. Try to do your best and communicate with respect, there has been several out of area hunters that have really complicated the relationships in the valley.

Its just what was relayed to me from one of the bioligist a few years back when i specifically asked about the barbra trask properties thru out the valley. She owns quite a bit ive noticed.  I was told dont ask and dont hunt the nieghboring properties either. Cause theres a good chance she will not let you recover a animal.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]