collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trappers be aware  (Read 19278 times)

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Trappers be aware
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2022, 07:56:23 PM »
For me the goal of trapping is to spend quality time outdoors and catch fur. This trapper was looking for a confrontation and wanted to make a point. There are many places in the valley where he could have gone and been invisible. Fur trapping is a hot button issue with the anti crowd, always has been, so shoving it in their face just because you can is not doing anything good for anyone.

Bingo. he did the trapping community in Washington and nation wide a huge disservice. This kind of crap setting up traps in busy areas pisses both experienced guys to the animal advocates off for different reasons. It isn’t that hard to get permission to trap private land and move traps away from busy areas such as wildlife areas! The less the anti’s see traps, the better for us.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:05:03 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline greenhead_killer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 11:13:30 PM »
So…you guys are saying we should hide in the shadows, be unseen to enjoy our lifestyle and hobbies? While allowing deranged whackos to run freely all because we have to watch their feelings? He was on wdfw land and I think His winter thread, he talked about not getting around as well as he used to. So we should cater to these weirdos and not pursue our own lives for fear we might offend them? These/this lady was looking to make this an issue and was intentionally harassing him. If anything, they should be dragging her In front of the courts and prosecuting to the fullest extent. Enough of bowing down. It will never be enough for these people
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:05:23 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2022, 11:28:39 PM »
For me the goal of trapping is to spend quality time outdoors and catch fur. This trapper was looking for a confrontation and wanted to make a point. There are many places in the valley where he could have gone and been invisible. Fur trapping is a hot button issue with the anti crowd, always has been, so shoving it in their face just because you can is not doing anything good for anyone.

Bingo. he did the trapping community in Washington and nation wide a huge disservice. This kind of crap setting up traps in busy areas pisses both experienced guys to the animal advocates off for different reasons. It isn’t that hard to get permission to trap private land and move traps away from busy areas such as wildlife areas! The less the anti’s see traps, the better for us.
no way ! I personally do not bend to the tree huggers ! If it’s legal and you are in the up and up then screw them. A disservice? Hell no I and every other trapper and hunter needs to grow some and stand firm period . I will not say he was in the wrong because he wasn’t and I know the crap that went on over there as I was personally talking with the warden over there on a lot of this issue and the warden agrees with the trapper, sets we’re 100% legal and good to go
Some of you people making comments here have zero idea what it’s like to have to “sneak” around trapping it’s BS and no different then hunting  or fishing yet your fine with that anywhere and everywhere
I’m probably one of the few guys in this state the runs very long lines and I deal with idiots like those 2 witches ,
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:06:28 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline timberfaller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2022, 12:41:37 AM »
 :yeah: :tup:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:06:45 AM by Rainier10 »
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2022, 05:39:01 AM »
 :tup: :tup:

Well said Jakeland!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:06:58 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2022, 05:44:06 AM »
 :yeah: :yeah: :tup:And greenhead_killer too!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:07:09 AM by Rainier10 »
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2022, 06:23:33 AM »
I've trapped since 1985. Back when we could use foothold and instant kills we watched where we put them to avoid non- targets (ie dogs) not to hide trapping activities. Heck we even put up the red triangles to indicate trapping activities.

A cage trap isn't a danger to anyone or any non-target. If it offends you, tough! I'm  offended by many things but deal with them.

People who hide are defeated and weak.  People with an agenda know it. What good has it done us? It's time to fight for our sport not wither like some Pansey in the heat.

If 2 dudes can kiss in public and you feel you can't trap in public then they are obviously tougher than you..
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:07:24 AM by Rainier10 »
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline timberfaller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2022, 07:59:18 AM »
While running the Big Valley ranch, I had numerous "pest".  When trapping took a dive and no one wanted to trap, I had to revert back to my old ways  :chuckle: a nice Sako rifle.  Beavers constantly building dams, plugging head gates.  One year we were able to take care of the increasing problem, case of dynamite and fertilizer!!  Then it was back to the old way.  I seen the change in valley ideology when a new worthless WSP trooper came down to where I was bushwhacking some pest, he claimed it was just a meet and greet.  But his remark to me after I told him what I was doing was, "why don't you just call the WDFW and have them trapped?" Ya riiiiight!

The valley is NOT what it used to be by a long shot!!  Liberalism and environmentalist has taken over, I even know of one person who believed everyone should be forced by the county to have the same colored roof's!! :yike: So when they flew over the valley it would look prettier!! :chuckle: :chuckle:

The skinny skiers, peddle pushers and anti-ATV's run the show in the valley.  If you don't act like a tree hugger, you'll be shun-ed and torment by these clowns!  Green River College comes to mind but that a different story!! 8)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:07:58 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline Norman89

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Proud holder of 110 Zardos points!
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2022, 09:04:15 AM »

no way ! I personally do not bend to the tree huggers ! If it’s legal and you are in the up and up then screw them. A disservice? Hell no I and every other trapper and hunter needs to grow some and stand firm period . I will not say he was in the wrong because he wasn’t and I know the crap that went on over there as I was personally talking with the warden over there on a lot of this issue and the warden agrees with the trapper, sets we’re 100% legal and good to go
Some of you people making comments here have zero idea what it’s like to have to “sneak” around trapping it’s BS and no different then hunting  or fishing yet your fine with that anywhere and everywhere
I’m probably one of the few guys in this state the runs very long lines and I deal with idiots like those 2 witches ,
Well said! I ain't hiding nothing, if I'm all legal anyone that wants to gripe about it can kick rocks. In flip flops with no socks. Those types call for wco work and get the premium charge, just for being a PIA
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:09:12 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2022, 10:17:39 AM »
Their behavior is a reflection of lack of consequences.  They will continue to be as they are until the consequences become something they cant deal with.  Then they will run and hide.  They better hope this country doesnt enter into the period of lawlessness that appears unavoidable.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:09:30 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2022, 02:42:31 PM »
Removed.

You want to reply then follow the rules.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:09:43 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2022, 02:55:20 PM »
I think I heard one of the ladies from the valley talking at the comission meeting today, wanting to ban hunting.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:10:11 AM by Rainier10 »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2022, 03:04:46 PM »
I think I heard one of the ladies from the valley talking at the comission meeting today, wanting to ban hunting.
they want to ban everything. Just like it’s illegal to relocate nuisance animal but groups like beavers northwest relocate them all the time . They trap them then hold them at the Tulalip hatchery then tag and relocate usually shortly after that get a nuisance call and catch a handful of beaver with pretty ear jewelry!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:10:46 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline DishBogget

• Hunter
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2022, 03:30:45 PM »
I’m going to be pissed if my trapper reports are turned over to antis, they should not be public record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:11:02 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline timberfaller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2022, 06:28:31 PM »
If you know about the "snitch report" during covid, the valley is full of snitches!!  Some were even long time residents, not locals but residents!!  Beware!

Like I said, the valley is no were near what it used to be!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:11:16 AM by Rainier10 »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]