collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trappers be aware  (Read 19166 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Trappers be aware
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2022, 06:45:55 PM »
If you know about the "snitch report" during covid, the valley is full of snitches!!  Some were even long time residents, not locals but residents!!  Beware!

Like I said, the valley is no were near what it used to be!!

Perhaps locals should show some turnabout is fair play?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:11:31 AM by Rainier10 »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2022, 05:01:02 PM »
I've trapped since 1985. Back when we could use foothold and instant kills we watched where we put them to avoid non- targets (ie dogs) not to hide trapping activities. Heck we even put up the red triangles to indicate trapping activities.

A cage trap isn't a danger to anyone or any non-target. If it offends you, tough! I'm  offended by many things but deal with them.

People who hide are defeated and weak.  People with an agenda know it. What good has it done us? It's time to fight for our sport not wither like some Pansey in the heat.

If 2 dudes can kiss in public and you feel you can't trap in public then they are obviously tougher than you..

This 👍. We have a responsibility as trappers to set footholds and kill traps carefully and responsibility to minimize catching pets etc. We have NO responsibility to set cage traps to not offend bunny huggers. EVERYONE should be behind jingle and pushing for prosecution of the 2 bunny huggers. It was stated he has video of them spraying his set. It’s illegal and everyone should be pushing for charges. I can’t believe any trappers blame jingles actions here. You need to fight with him for your legal rights
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:11:52 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2022, 05:42:48 PM »
I've trapped since 1985. Back when we could use foothold and instant kills we watched where we put them to avoid non- targets (ie dogs) not to hide trapping activities. Heck we even put up the red triangles to indicate trapping activities.

A cage trap isn't a danger to anyone or any non-target. If it offends you, tough! I'm  offended by many things but deal with them.

People who hide are defeated and weak.  People with an agenda know it. What good has it done us? It's time to fight for our sport not wither like some Pansey in the heat.

If 2 dudes can kiss in public and you feel you can't trap in public then they are obviously tougher than you..

This 👍. We have a responsibility as trappers to set footholds and kill traps carefully and responsibility to minimize catching pets etc. We have NO responsibility to set cage traps to not offend bunny huggers. EVERYONE should be behind jingle and pushing for prosecution of the 2 bunny huggers. It was stated he has video of them spraying his set. It’s illegal and everyone should be pushing for charges. I can’t believe any trappers blame jingles actions here. You need to fight with him for your legal rights

I hope he is a member of Washington Trappers Association. they need a great test case to push these anti harassment laws. What is the Prosecutor like in the Methow these days like?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:12:08 AM by Rainier10 »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2022, 09:27:58 PM »
The prosecutor has had the case for over 90 days and has done nothing except say their office is 3 atty's short and will get to it when they can.

A Certified letter was sent to the Director of WDFW that in accordance with RCW 77.15.065 Authority of Attorney General if Prosecutor defaults.

If the Prosecuting attorney of the county in which the violation of this title or rule of the department occurs fails to file an information against the alleged violator, the attorney general upon request of the commission may file an information in the superior court of the county and prosecute in place of the prosecuting attorney.  The commission may request prosecution by the attorney general if thirty days had passed since the commission informed the  county prosecuting attorney of the alleged violation.

When the WDFW Enforcement agent gave the case files, with videos of the women spraying his traps,  to the prosecuting attorneys office that is the same as the commission informing them of the alleged violation and that happened mid March
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:13:05 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline greenhead_killer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2022, 09:32:40 PM »
^^ that should tell you all you need to know about the county prosecutor
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:13:18 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2022, 10:06:15 PM »
 :yeah:
Spandex and soy milk most likely :chuckle:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:13:30 AM by Rainier10 »
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2022, 03:34:18 AM »

I 100% agree and been saying this for a long time ! I will NOT bend or cave to them not even 1”
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:13:42 AM by Rainier10 »

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2022, 02:09:02 PM »
Topic is cleaned up and unlocked, please keep the discussion suitable for public viewing. If I missed any inappropriate comments please use the "Report To Moderator" button!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:13:55 AM by Rainier10 »
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2022, 08:32:34 AM »
Well they had their day in court ….. the :censored: got a $275 fine and a one year probation BS for blatant disregard for the law . Even with the videos that the prosecutor had but never used this is what they got . I’m pissed at the law in this country we as trappers have to follow the law and use cages with I.D. Tags on and Check traps within 24 hrs of capture and EVERYTHING else but they get away with everything they want
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 09:46:27 AM by KFhunter »

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2022, 08:44:00 AM »
Well they had their day in court ….. the :censored: got a $275 fine and a one year probation BS for blatant disregard for the law . Even with the videos that the prosecutor had but never used this is what they got . I’m pissed at the law in this country we as trappers have to follow the law and use cages with I.D. Tags on and Check traps within 24 hrs of capture and EVERYTHING else but they get away with everything they want

Figures.. Most poachers are let off easy also.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 09:46:51 AM by KFhunter »
If your daughter is raped and killed by an illegal alien, thank a democrat!

Jay Inslee & Joe Biden; the choices for low IQ, wimpy beta males.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2022, 09:47:49 AM »
Now that there's a conviction, perhaps it's time to go to a civil suit?

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2022, 09:51:04 AM »
Now that there's a conviction, perhaps it's time to go to a civil suit?
:yeah:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2022, 09:51:59 AM »
Unfortunately you have better odds winning CRAPS than you do rolling the dice on what judge you'd get

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2022, 09:54:45 AM »
I have all sorts of vengeful suggestions on how to get back at them, but surely non of them are legal, so I guess I better put my Admin angel hat on and keep my mouth shut.  THis sure does piss me off though. 

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2022, 11:08:07 AM »
*censored* prosecutor and judge slapping the wrist of a *censored* colleague.

You censored a variation of liberal, really ?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]