collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Legendary Washington state bucks  (Read 32966 times)

Offline borntoslay

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Legendary Washington state bucks
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2022, 01:12:02 AM »
Couple more smashers from the north. The more I dig the more I find. Mounted buck is replica sheds from that county which you can probably guess.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

(  .  )(  .  )

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2022, 03:12:44 AM »
I’ll ad my 2004 whitetail taken outside of Clayton, WA . Just shy of 200”

Omg. If he had double eye guards like that on both sides I think he would be the perfect buck. Just amazing. Well done!
I think I would take 2 of his lefts but that double eyeguard is undeniable

I use to live out there. Buck was 8-9 years old after talking to landowner and some bowhunters who were after him for years. He was a 6x7 for 3 years then the year I got him he added extras. His left is the most impressive with 25" main beam 14"g2 its a straight 7 on that side woulda been 8 with the busted extra brow. If the other side matched it woulda been 189" typical buck . 86" and change on that side

Offline Onewhohikes

• Longhunter
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2022, 05:43:32 AM »
Me too.

Offline borntoslay

• Scout
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2022, 07:29:43 AM »
I’ll ad my 2004 whitetail taken outside of Clayton, WA . Just shy of 200”

Omg. If he had double eye guards like that on both sides I think he would be the perfect buck. Just amazing. Well done!
I think I would take 2 of his lefts but that double eyeguard is undeniable

I use to live out there. Buck was 8-9 years old after talking to landowner and some bowhunters who were after him for years. He was a 6x7 for 3 years then the year I got him he added extras. His left is the most impressive with 25" main beam 14"g2 its a straight 7 on that side woulda been 8 with the busted extra brow. If the other side matched it woulda been 189" typical buck . 86" and change on that side
Yeah that one will be tough to beat, was this late archery?

(  .  )(  .  )

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2022, 08:44:39 AM »
Nov 24. Before it switched to Nov 25. I had him in bow range 3 nights in September and never offered a shot or I couldn’t get drawn without being seen

Offline borntoslay

• Scout
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2022, 09:09:08 AM »
Rez buck

(  .  )(  .  )

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2022, 04:56:28 PM »
Another buck I think of when thinking of this topic was one my dad and I seen hanging in a woodshed up a particular drainage in the Valley. It was 1968 and we were visiting a friend who ran a ranch. He said a ranch hand had killed a monster but he didn’t want a bunch of people knowing about it. Everything was legit, killed during season and tagged but he was like my dad, didn’t want a bunch of people fussin over a buck he killed. Our friend said it would be ok if he took us up there, we’ll, weve never scored a buck, we’ve always said a buck was “big”, or a “dandy”, this buck was beyond dandy. It had 11 points on one side and 10 on the other. It was weighed on a scale at 321lbs( guts out) and the spread was 33 and a half inches wide, we have pictures of it, we never told anyone about it until the hand eventually passed away. I feel very fortunate to have seen this buck hanging. Who knows what this dang thing would have scored. A “dandy”? This was a double dandy! Probably one of the three or four biggest bucks I’ve ever seen, I’ve seen a few, no bragg, but a fact.

Online teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2022, 05:22:02 PM »
Another buck I think of when thinking of this topic was one my dad and I seen hanging in a woodshed up a particular drainage in the Valley. It was 1968 and we were visiting a friend who ran a ranch. He said a ranch hand had killed a monster but he didn’t want a bunch of people knowing about it. Everything was legit, killed during season and tagged but he was like my dad, didn’t want a bunch of people fussin over a buck he killed. Our friend said it would be ok if he took us up there, we’ll, weve never scored a buck, we’ve always said a buck was “big”, or a “dandy”, this buck was beyond dandy. It had 11 points on one side and 10 on the other. It was weighed on a scale at 321lbs( guts out) and the spread was 33 and a half inches wide, we have pictures of it, we never told anyone about it until the hand eventually passed away. I feel very fortunate to have seen this buck hanging. Who knows what this dang thing would have scored. A “dandy”? This was a double dandy! Probably one of the three or four biggest bucks I’ve ever seen, I’ve seen a few, no bragg, but a fact.
let’s see some pics to go along with these stories bigmac.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Online HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2022, 05:36:25 PM »

I would love to see pics, but I think hes tried that before and it didnt go well. Shame.

Online teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2022, 06:12:39 PM »

I would love to see pics, but I think hes tried that before and it didnt go well. Shame.
damn shame!
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline Rutnbuxnbulls

• Scout
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »
Rez buck

I work with this guy pictured, he’s a great guy. He and his buddies manage to kill giants all the time. Giants do live in WA, especially on the Colville Rez. 

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2022, 08:25:49 PM »

Bunch of them were getting copied I guess, had a few folks on here that gave me a heads up. I pulled all of them. There are folks I’ve shared just a fraction with, just to prove I don’t BS😆  And I mean, just a fraction. Some of the photos went back to the 20,s, had a guy on here tell me a fella he knew showed a picture of MY family with 23 bucks hanging, he said it was his grandma and grandpa. Done👍 Seen the picture, it was my family. It’s a picture that’s in one of our albums, with my great grandpa hugging my great grandpa with 2 huge bucks and 21 others. Disgusting IMO.

I will never post cherished pictures on here again.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:27:59 PM by bigmacc »

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2022, 10:13:24 PM »
Way to go Flatbrimmers!!!

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2022, 10:42:51 PM »
Why take it so hard if some a$$hat says it’s his family’s picture?🤷🏻‍♂️  People say a lot of stupid crap. You know the truth of the picture  :twocents:

99% of us want to see the pics and won’t disrespect them. Post em up!!
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2022, 06:43:26 AM »

Bunch of them were getting copied I guess, had a few folks on here that gave me a heads up. I pulled all of them. There are folks I’ve shared just a fraction with, just to prove I don’t BS😆  And I mean, just a fraction. Some of the photos went back to the 20,s, had a guy on here tell me a fella he knew showed a picture of MY family with 23 bucks hanging, he said it was his grandma and grandpa. Done👍 Seen the picture, it was my family. It’s a picture that’s in one of our albums, with my great grandpa hugging my great grandpa with 2 huge bucks and 21 others. Disgusting IMO.

I will never post cherished pictures on here again.

Exactly!! I quit posting my families deer on here as well for similar if not the same reasons a few years back. We've gotten some good ones the last few years that I'd love to share. But I too, will never share a cherished picture on here again.
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]