collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bass fishing  (Read 4092 times)

Offline HUNTIN4SIX

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • My wife loves me.
Re: Bass fishing
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2022, 07:04:22 PM »
There is a few good bass clubs around you.  Pricesless memories fishing tournaments with my Dad in a old converted bellboy boat.  Dad cut the top of the hull out of it and made a platform.  I wound up usually fishing with some other guy at club tournaments and learned so much about fishing and life.  Nowadays there is a heck of a lot of opportunity for youth.  High school and college fishing too.  Bass fishing kept me grounded even through my bad years.  If he is interested jump in two feet first...you’ll never regret it.

Thanks for the advice! I've only been once with an old friend but he passed away years ago and he was the only one I knew that bass fished. I caught one and it was a blast. I've been looking at small boats to get started. I'll have to see if I can find any of the clubs I had no idea there was any around here

https://coastalbassmasters.webs.com/about-us

One to get you started....looks like a contact number on the home page.  The deal with most of these local clubs is you may not need a boat.  Most have non-boater options for tournaments.  They would probably like to help a new up and comer.  Sometimes its fun just to go to the meetings and hang out and learn.

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2022, 08:23:56 PM »
There is a few good bass clubs around you.  Pricesless memories fishing tournaments with my Dad in a old converted bellboy boat.  Dad cut the top of the hull out of it and made a platform.  I wound up usually fishing with some other guy at club tournaments and learned so much about fishing and life.  Nowadays there is a heck of a lot of opportunity for youth.  High school and college fishing too.  Bass fishing kept me grounded even through my bad years.  If he is interested jump in two feet first...you’ll never regret it.

Thanks for the advice! I've only been once with an old friend but he passed away years ago and he was the only one I knew that bass fished. I caught one and it was a blast. I've been looking at small boats to get started. I'll have to see if I can find any of the clubs I had no idea there was any around here

https://coastalbassmasters.webs.com/about-us

One to get you started....looks like a contact number on the home page.  The deal with most of these local clubs is you may not need a boat.  Most have non-boater options for tournaments.  They would probably like to help a new up and comer.  Sometimes its fun just to go to the meetings and hang out and learn.

Awesome thank you! I'll check it out!
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline bassquatch

• AKA: Porter's Pursuits on YouTube to help you catch more bass!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Something clever.
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2022, 06:36:48 PM »
I started tournament fishing again this year and I really tried to break down the entire process for people that are interested. There's also some great videos on converting a cooler to a functional livewell out there.

Very easy to get started, but there are some requirements and rules you'll not want to overlook! He sounds like he's pretty amped about it, that's awesome 👍💯
AKA: Porter's Pursuits on YouTube to help you catch more bass!

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2022, 09:36:05 PM »
I started tournament fishing again this year and I really tried to break down the entire process for people that are interested. There's also some great videos on converting a cooler to a functional livewell out there.

Very easy to get started, but there are some requirements and rules you'll not want to overlook! He sounds like he's pretty amped about it, that's awesome 👍💯

He is bigtime, we went out to a couple local ponds and no luck. He still had a blast though. Tried some top water frogs and other bigger frogs came after it and he loved it 😂 once I get a boat it will be easier

Offline HUNTIN4SIX

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • My wife loves me.
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2022, 10:11:27 PM »

He is bigtime, we went out to a couple local ponds and no luck. He still had a blast though. Tried some top water frogs and other bigger frogs came after it and he loved it 😂 once I get a boat it will be easier

Love to hear these stories.  Is he into practicing casting, flippin or pitchin?  I use to spend hours around the yard flippin under trees and bushes.  Even got out moms glass bowls to flip into without making a noise.  These skills never failed me.  Keep it up Dad!

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2022, 10:06:12 AM »

Love to hear these stories.  Is he into practicing casting, flippin or pitchin?  I use to spend hours around the yard flippin under trees and bushes.  Even got out moms glass bowls to flip into without making a noise.  These skills never failed me.  Keep it up Dad!
Thanks! Not yet but that's a great idea! I'll have to show him. Everything's else has kind of taken a back burner at the moment he made the local travel ball team for 13u and he's focused on that.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]