collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Problems with my 1996 Toyota Tacoma  (Read 6614 times)

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Re: Problems with my 1996 Toyota Tacoma
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2022, 03:14:14 PM »
Just saw a 1996 tacoma for sale where I'm working, nice looking truck. I asked the guy what he was asking for it......9,750 American dollars.  lol, isn't that year notorious for the head gaskets blowing?

Not that I remember.
Oh, that's good.  Is that the going price for that truck???  26 years old!!
That's the wishing price for that truck but remember the old adage...There's a sucker born every minute.
Talked with a buddy of mine who knows those trucks well, he says that's a steal.  He was saying those trucks are going for 10 to 12 grand, a buddy of his just paid 11,500 for the same truck.  unreal, I guess i'm just to old school because that should be a 2,500 truck.
The same people paying 12k for a clapped tacoma are spending half a million on a cookie cutter house. Have fun being a slave to the debt. :bdid:

Half a million for a house? Hell, I'll take 2 at that price!
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2022, 12:20:20 PM »
I don't know if that motor has individual coil packs but that's where I would look if I had an individual cylinder misfire.
Who was the first one to suggest coil pack?

Yup, the guy who knows nothing about Toyotas..... :chuckle:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline borntoslay

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2022, 10:41:42 PM »
Just saw a 1996 tacoma for sale where I'm working, nice looking truck. I asked the guy what he was asking for it......9,750 American dollars.  lol, isn't that year notorious for the head gaskets blowing?

Not that I remember.
Oh, that's good.  Is that the going price for that truck???  26 years old!!
That's the wishing price for that truck but remember the old adage...There's a sucker born every minute.
Talked with a buddy of mine who knows those trucks well, he says that's a steal.  He was saying those trucks are going for 10 to 12 grand, a buddy of his just paid 11,500 for the same truck.  unreal, I guess i'm just to old school because that should be a 2,500 truck.
Crazy what rigs are going for.  I got into an accident in April. Some girl pulled in front of me and totaled my 91 gmc sierra 142,000 miles. Bought it in 2016 for $2500 cash with 83,000 original miles (farm truck) Her insurance paid me $9600 for it. I was shocked. Took the money and ran

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

(  .  )(  .  )

Offline Tenkara

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2022, 09:41:23 AM »
Hey guys,

Trying to see if I can fix this on my own before taking it to a mechanic.  A couple of years ago I developed a stuttering/hesitation problem with my Tacoma.  We did a general tune up and replaced a lot of things like spark plugs and cables, thermostat and a few other things I cannot remember.  My buddy that works on cars helped me as I do my oil changes and brakes but not much beyond that.

It fixed the problem for a few years but now I am getting it worse.  I can’t really drive it to far it hesitates so bad.  It starts and idles fine.  Any thoughts? 

Where should I start?

Thanks

SR1

I had the same problem with my 97, it ended up being a bad injector.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2022, 10:48:05 AM »
I’ve cleared those problems with a bottle or two of injector cleaner

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal