collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Get out your Wyoming wallets!!!  (Read 8628 times)

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Get out your Wyoming wallets!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2022, 02:42:14 PM »
24’
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline furbearer365

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2022, 02:55:02 PM »
I get a chuckle out of the folks talking about how WY is catering to the rich and hunting is geared towards rich folks.  You guys are dressing up in kuiu head to toe, buying browning and kimber rifles topped with Swarovski rifle scopes, spending all year buying bullets and powders looking for that perfect load, driving nice new model trucks, extolling the virtues of zamberlain boots, pulling fifth wheel trailers and you have the gall to complain about people that have having more financial means than you. Hahaha!

You think that Wyoming shouldn’t have their own residents best interest in mind? You think Wyoming is just an enclave of rich elk hunters?  You wanna hunt there so bad and can’t stand hunting your own state and your own elk? Why not move there?

How much would an Alaskan coastal brown bear hunt cost a non resident? 15-30 g’s?  Well, as a resident, I get to hunt them every year for just the cost of the tag. Because I live here.  I like how ak’s constitution makes it clear that the wildlife is managed for resident hunters first and foremost. When changes are made, nonresident hunters aren’t the priority.

I agree with a comment above. This has nothing to do with “ hunter recruitment “. That’s one lame excuse.  Bottom line- you want to hunt Wyoming so bad on the cheap, move there. You want to hunt Alaska on the cheap? Move there. That’s what makes America great; if you don’t like the place you are at or think some place better, you are free to move there. I have little sympathy for well heeled hunters complaining about prices in places they don’t live.

Thank you for saying this.  Human entitlement is becoming off the charts. People pointing the finger at their employer for not paying enough, yet will stand there telling you about it with a beer on their hand, cigarette in their mouth, new I-phone, and driving a nice truck. But it's the employers fault they can't afford stuff they think they deserve. If the price of a tag goes up $1 ,000, adjust your budget on things you don't need and boom, there ya go. If you allow your traditions to die because another state charges more than you are wanting to pay, don't go pointing the finger when you use your money for stuff you don't need
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:00:53 PM by furbearer365 »

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2022, 03:13:20 PM »
MountainWalker with the healthy dose of reality!

I’m in the camp of I don’t like it. But I understand it.

Heard a quote from another hunter that moved to Montana years ago for the outdoor opportunities. Something along the lines of he may not have to pay for out of out of state tags, but he also makes way less living here than he would living somewhere like say, Western, WA. Could easily say the same for WY.

It’s simple economics, supply and demand aka capitalism.

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2022, 03:30:43 PM »
Agree with you and furbear. My boy said to hell with it and moved over to Montana earlier this year. Loves it. Like I said the greedy side of be loves it. Like furbear said, folks will have to make some choices. Expect more of it. Wish Montana would crank er up too so I can draw every year again. That’ll be coming next, simple economics.
Tod Riechert fan club.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand