collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Weyerhaeuser plot near stevens pass  (Read 3127 times)

Offline sawyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Weyerhaeuser plot near stevens pass
« on: July 03, 2022, 08:30:19 AM »
Looking for input from anyone with experience in the upper reaches of the skykomish drainage. I've found several areas that I am really liking for hunting and fishing access. Several of these areas are small checkerboard plots owned by weyerhaeuser. These small plots are truly in the middle of no where, and at the gates there are zero signs. No private land no tresspassing signs, no no hunting signs or anything. I've tried to search for permits in the area on their website but they do not offer any for this area.

Any of you locals know if they have been amenable to walk in hunters/anglers in this area? Its pretty frustrating to find a good spot, either in their land, or just on the other side of their land that is in public that requires me to cut through their land.

Any input is helpful.

Offline logger

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Weyerhaeuser plot near stevens pass
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 03:56:08 PM »
I could be wrong, thats only happened once before but i'm fairly certain hampton bought weyco holdings in that area.
go ahead on er.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 05:56:11 PM »
I could be wrong, thats only happened once before but i'm fairly certain hampton bought weyco holdings in that area.
They did

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 05:57:24 PM »
Looking for input from anyone with experience in the upper reaches of the skykomish drainage. I've found several areas that I am really liking for hunting and fishing access. Several of these areas are small checkerboard plots owned by weyerhaeuser. These small plots are truly in the middle of no where, and at the gates there are zero signs. No private land no tresspassing signs, no no hunting signs or anything. I've tried to search for permits in the area on their website but they do not offer any for this area.

Any of you locals know if they have been amenable to walk in hunters/anglers in this area? Its pretty frustrating to find a good spot, either in their land, or just on the other side of their land that is in public that requires me to cut through their land.

Any input is helpful.
Go to Hamptons website. If it's not part of their permit area I believe you can walk in.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Alan K

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 06:17:25 PM »
First step would be to verify who actually owns it... Some of the Weyerhaeuser land that Hampton bought was sold again less than a year later. 

Offline sawyer

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 07:01:17 AM »
First step would be to verify who actually owns it... Some of the Weyerhaeuser land that Hampton bought was sold again less than a year later.

The area is not a part of their permit program, but if it is their land they let you walk on. Onx says its weyerhaeuser, but if it sold recently I'll have to do some more looking. Hoping it is owned by hampton

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 08:35:17 AM »
I am from Sky, If you are talking about areas gated like Tonga or Martin creek some of it has been leased to different groups so you might check first. You will probably not have much for hunter competition due to the fact this upper Sky lacks the deer population. Usually there is more people out and about because they didn't tag out on mule deer when that season closed and they want to drive the roads looking for something. Some of the Weyco was bought by Campbell(mostly) and some by the Tulalip Tribe. If you need any specifics feel free to PM me and I can see if I can help
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Cylvertip

• Conservative Heathen
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2022, 08:54:02 AM »
If it's in Snohomish County, SCOPI will have the most accurate info on who owned it.  King county probably has something similar.
May that for which I prepare never come to pass.
Don't Tread On Me!

Offline Onewhohikes

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2022, 09:47:13 AM »
Yea good luck seeing any deer up there. Hunted hard the last part of the season for the last 6 years up there and saw a total of 4 does. Never heard 1 shot. Did see a few cougar tracks when there was snow. Might be able to pick up a few grouse though so take your pistol.

Offline sawyer

• Tracker
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2022, 03:59:14 PM »
I am from Sky, If you are talking about areas gated like Tonga or Martin creek some of it has been leased to different groups so you might check first. You will probably not have much for hunter competition due to the fact this upper Sky lacks the deer population. Usually there is more people out and about because they didn't tag out on mule deer when that season closed and they want to drive the roads looking for something. Some of the Weyco was bought by Campbell(mostly) and some by the Tulalip Tribe. If you need any specifics feel free to PM me and I can see if I can help

Ok, thank you for the Intel. I appreciate it, may be sending a Pm your way soon

Offline sawyer

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2022, 04:01:36 PM »
If it's in Snohomish County, SCOPI will have the most accurate info on who owned it.  King county probably has something similar.

I'll look into that thank you

Offline wags

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 07:40:33 AM »
There are still parcels of Weyerhaeuser property in the upper Skykomish area. Weyerhaeuser does not actively manage these parcels like they do with their "tree farms". They have been slowly selling these parcels through a Coldwell Banker agency in Bellevue, the agent's name is Scott McDonald.

I purchased a section from Weyerhaeuser through Scott a couple of years ago. Weyerhaeuser doesn't always have something on the market; it all depends on their current marketing strategy.

These parcels are generally surrounded by US Forest Service land, and are unposted. I would not hesitate hunting these parcels for one minute.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 07:10:37 AM by wags »

Offline Onewhohikes

• Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 05:12:28 AM »
Like that was said there are leased property w/o the some posted. There are a few bear around but good luck finding a doe let alone a buck. You probably won't see many hunters there as the locals go elsewhere.

Offline hunter_sean08

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
Weyerhaeuser plot near stevens pass
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 10:04:38 AM »
In regards to the Hampton properties that were sold- those were their lands east of the Cascades. They were sold to Chinook Forest Partners. Sadly CFP is not allowing any sort of recreational access to those properties moving forward due to risk of fire liability and that’s not just during fire season. It’s a year round deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU