collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Travel Trailer Search  (Read 7694 times)

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
Travel Trailer Search
« on: July 05, 2022, 01:56:13 PM »
I am somewhat in the travel trailer market meaning that if a good deal pops up I would probably snag it. My question is what route would you guys go give the following parameters?

Intended use would be summer trips and hunting camp
Number of people to sleep would be 2-4 given I would like to be able to have hunting buddies stay in it and not share a rack
It would be pulled with my 2013 f-150 ecoboost
Budget would be preferably under $20k but would go a little higher for the perfect set up
Also would like it to be as efficient as possible for power usage, water etc
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
Re: Travel Trailer Search
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 02:14:12 PM »
I snagged a 2020 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 24 ft
Queen and bunks ,slide out
27k last summer
Pulling it with a tundra WD hitch and air bags
Plenty of room
Pulls easy stops fine
With a 1/2 ton I wouldn’t go over 24ft for a tow behind
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 02:16:02 PM »
Not sure if you could find one of these in your price range, but my buddy has a bigger version and if I ever do buy one, I think i'll get one of these. Buddy's is awesome and it's 30' or so. It's a few years old and for sale for a little over $30k, so maybe the smaller ones are around your price range.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2022/travel-trailer/imagine-xls/floorplans/21bhe

The large rear bunks are the ticket for me and my larger than average family members. My kid would have to fold herself in half to sleep on a fold down table.
All LED lighting and TV(which probably wouldn't get used much). Efficient HVAC, insulation, etc.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 02:20:19 PM »
Not sure if you could find one of these in your price range, but my buddy has a bigger version and if I ever do buy one, I think i'll get one of these. Buddy's is awesome and it's 30' or so. It's a few years old and for sale for a little over $30k, so maybe the smaller ones are around your price range.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2022/travel-trailer/imagine-xls/floorplans/21bhe

The large rear bunks are the ticket for me and my larger than average family members. My kid would have to fold herself in half to sleep on a fold down table.
All LED lighting and TV(which probably wouldn't get used much). Efficient HVAC, insulation, etc.

I also like the bunk idea for the additional sleeping space. When its just my old man and I on a hunt, sharing the queen bed in our sleeping bags is no biggie but a buddy is a different story.

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 02:21:44 PM »
Here’s one

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/tro/d/tacoma-2018-rv-trailer-24ft-bunkhouse/7500375882.html

Very similar to the one bought
Even with the outside kitchen
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 02:24:39 PM »

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 02:31:22 PM »
Love my rear bunks, lots of room for buddies hunting crap. My buddy just bought a new jayco, 25 foot…… 45,000.00.    Insane
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 03:39:22 PM »
Love my rear bunks, lots of room for buddies hunting crap. My buddy just bought a new jayco, 25 foot…… 45,000.00.    Insane
dang that’s spendy. bought a 30’ eagle premier 5 years ago for 32k
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 03:57:58 PM »
What tow package do you have?  I would not want to pull much more than 10k lbs.  Anything can tow anything but another member said something about stopping.  Plus if you go longer and heavier the trailer will be driving you not you towing it.  I have a ram 2500 and won't tow much more than 11k lbs.  My trailer is 9600lbs fully loaded drives super nice.  26' but I gave up sleeping space for a good bathroom.  Mine sleeps 6 if you 5'  the queen master bedroom is the only place I sleep.  Lots of ultralights out there but at 20k is going to be tough to find.  25k-30k is more like it.  I have been looking some. New forget it 45k plus.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 04:00:58 PM »
What tow package do you have?  I would not want to pull much more than 10k lbs.  Anything can tow anything but another member said something about stopping.  Plus if you go longer and heavier the trailer will be driving you not you towing it.  I have a ram 2500 and won't tow much more than 11k lbs.  My trailer is 9600lbs fully loaded drives super nice.  26' but I gave up sleeping space for a good bathroom.  Mine sleeps 6 if you 5'  the queen master bedroom is the only place I sleep.  Lots of ultralights out there but at 20k is going to be tough to find.  25k-30k is more like it.  I have been looking some. New forget it 45k plus.

I think its rated to pull around 10k but I would like to keep it much lighter than that. I don't need a brand new trailer with all the bells and whistles. Just something comfortable and that I can get in and out of the hills with relative ease

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 04:05:07 PM »

I think its rated to pull around 10k but I would like to keep it much lighter than that. I don't need a brand new trailer with all the bells and whistles. Just something comfortable and that I can get in and out of the hills with relative ease
Just showing my wife this one https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/747640942946004/

Russell McDonald

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 04:05:51 PM »

Just showing my wife this one https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/747640942946004/

Your wife's lucky day since I don't have fb  :chuckle:

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 04:10:21 PM »

Your wife's lucky day since I don't have fb  :chuckle:
We are dreaming.   We hasn't what we like right now

Russell McDonald

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »
Mine is 20' and we chose the queen bed and fold down table/bunk plus a larger slideout.  However, there was a different layout that had 2 bunks, fold down table/bed and a queen size.  Would sleep 4 or maybe 5 if 2 are spooning. Mine is 3800 lbs dry weight.  $20K 5 years ago new.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 06:37:09 PM »
Go to Outdoorsy and find a couple you might like and rent them for the weekend. You can try a few
Out and see what you like and don’t like plus it’ll get you out of town for a bit.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal