collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bastille Day  (Read 1121 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Bastille Day
« on: July 14, 2022, 07:45:00 AM »
Bastille Day - In 1789, the reformers of the French government the Estates General, the Third Estates, broke ranks and declared themselves the government, writing a new constitution that they released on June 20. On July 14th, a separate faction surrounded the central prison of Paris, the Bastille, and there was some fighting. But the Governor of the Bastille, wanting no more mutual bloodshed, allowed them to enter. The mob, however, hadn't quenched their thirst and began a second round of violence, killing the Governor and several others. The prisoners, many political but many also criminal and violent, were released. Although the declarations of the Third Estates in May and release of the constitution in June were really the start of the beginning, this day is celebrated as the Fête de la Fédération and considered by most to be the beginning of the French Revolution.

I am a mortgage loan officer (NMLS 2014743). If you or anyone you know is interested in a refinance or purchase in OR or WA, I'm your guy. Call or message me.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Bastille Day
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 10:40:41 AM »
Interestingly, the Third Estate released their constitution on June 20th, 1789, one day short of a year after ours was made law when NH became the 9th state of thirteen to ratify on June 21, 1788. The French were certainly inspired by our defeat of the British and the personal freedoms acknowledged by our Bill of Rights.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline EmeraldBullet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 10:43:24 AM »
I got to experience bastille day in paris in 2005. Was a wild time. Tanks and military equipment were just rolling down the street.

Sorry but now is not a good time for me to refinance.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 10:50:32 AM »
I got to experience bastille day in paris in 2005. Was a wild time. Tanks and military equipment were just rolling down the street.

Sorry but now is not a good time for me to refinance.

:chuckle: :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]