collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Archery newbie  (Read 5265 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Archery newbie
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2022, 08:36:53 PM »
The edge 320 has the easy adjust limb pockets, if the limbs came out of the pockets hmm 

I'm not sure how they retain the limbs within the pockets because I don't think the bolt goes through the limb itself like a normal bow, it's just shoved into the pocket and clipped in somehow.  What has me wondering is you say both limbs came out at the same time, so if the string came off the cam during the draw the limbs would slap back past their resting position within the pockets, and due to the design, may have popped out simultaneously.   

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2022, 09:05:01 PM »
Yes both limbs came out of the pockets at the same time.   Iím just not sure how I could torque the bow with fingers open and bubble centered.  Draw weight is at 40 lbs. almost effortless.   There is a bolt that runs horizontally through the limb pocket.  Supposed to lock limbs in place.  Iím wondering if those were not tightened down
At the shop they guy just slipped the limbs back in the pockets like nothing.  No resistance at all
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and itís free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 08:07:35 AM »
I believe Iíve figured out the issue.  Been reading the manual and watching videos.  For my draw length the cables need to be in position a.  For that position the min draw weight should not go below 45lbs.  My bow was set at 40 lbs. in the review video I watched when the bow was lowered below 45lbs in position A the string was very easy to derail. Guy was actually able to remove string by hand and was able to put it back on by hand. 
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and itís free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 12:29:02 PM »
I believe Iíve figured out the issue.  Been reading the manual and watching videos.  For my draw length the cables need to be in position a.  For that position the min draw weight should not go below 45lbs.  My bow was set at 40 lbs. in the review video I watched when the bow was lowered below 45lbs in position A the string was very easy to derail. Guy was actually able to remove string by hand and was able to put it back on by hand.

Interesting. Keep in mind what your fingers are doing has nothing to do with the torque you are putting into the bow. Yes a relaxed grip is good but I could derail a bow with a loose grip if I twisted my wrist enough. Specially at really lite poundage.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Quilomene Quality Deer eyes in the Woods by MackDaddy509
[Today at 01:22:08 AM]

Figured out who's eating my strawberries by PsoasHunter
[Yesterday at 10:22:51 PM]

Archery Mudflow by BlackRiverTaxidermy
[Yesterday at 10:08:34 PM]

Hunting Harstine Island by swanderek
[Yesterday at 09:05:13 PM]

15 Years - Chiwawa 2024 by hunter_sean08
[Yesterday at 08:38:52 PM]