collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Good archery shop near Spokane  (Read 5200 times)

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
Good archery shop near Spokane
« on: August 19, 2022, 06:04:00 PM »
Not happy with the current shop.  Any place with decent customer service in or north of Spokane?
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Good archery shop near Spokane
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 06:05:39 PM »
no, not so much

SVA is way too busy,

Chewelah closed up, word is the building got sold out from under them. 

I've been collecting my own shop to do everything at home, but it's not ready. 

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:10:18 PM »
no, not so much

SVA is way too busy,

Chewelah closed up, word is the building got sold out from under them. 

I've been collecting my own shop to do everything at home, but it's not ready. 
Pretty unhappy with sva and their customer service.
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 07:29:58 PM »
What happened with SVA? In your other thread it seemed it was a good experience minus the bow trouble?

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 08:15:03 PM »
What happened with SVA? In your other thread it seemed it was a good experience minus the bow trouble?

Told me to give them a day or two to get it figured out.  They would call me.  That was Tuesday   I wait till ( Friday afternoon) today to call and guy on the phone says oh I haven’t got to it yet.  Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.  Then just hung up.  Seamed irritated I even called to bother him about it.   I just want to shoot my new bow.   Guy that set it up for me was great! But since the issue the service has been sour.  Manager kid I talked to when I brought it back was not polite and almost acted like I broke the bow.  Sounded like him on the phone again today and still not polite at all!   Guy with the red beard and long hair was awesome to deal with the first day.   Since then I’ve felt like a bother even coming in. 
I’m thinking I may just ask for a refund and go somewhere else.  I wasn’t even upset till today talking to them on the phone.  Things happen.   

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 08:24:27 PM »
SVA has too much servicing area, too many customers.   I'm happy with them but it is what it is, but it's a small shop with 3-4 guys on and they're swamped. 

It's only a few weeks to archery season and everyone wants their bows, arrows and accessories now. 

When I go to SVA it's off peak, middle of the week, winter  :chuckle:

like jasnt it's super frustrating to drive there 2.5 hours ONE WAY, and find 30 guys milling around who live just around the corner hanging out doing wtf I dunno, they just stand around like it's a coffee shop  :dunno:   :dunno:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 08:30:29 PM »
jasnt you might try the new N40 out at Airway heights, one of the guys from Chewelah archery shop is there now, and I think they got a couple knowledgeable guys there now. 

The older guy with a lot of knowledge retired from Sportsman warehouse in N Spokane, he's gone bummer

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 08:50:51 PM »
jasnt you might try the new N40 out at Airway heights, one of the guys from Chewelah archery shop is there now, and I think they got a couple knowledgeable guys there now. 

The older guy with a lot of knowledge retired from Sportsman warehouse in N Spokane, he's gone bummer

that older guy was awesome.  Helped my wife many times and was very helpful and knowledgeable. 

I can understand them being swamped.  But when I was in there they didn’t act too busy mostly just standing around chatting with a hundred bows (🙃) hanging over their heads needing work. 
I realize I didn’t buy a high end bow but it should have lasted longer than it did, and know I feel like they don’t even care about a new customer or selling a good product.  It’s warranty work.  Could have said hey we are swamped and need a week to get it figured out.  I’d have been understanding.   

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 09:07:12 PM »
I feel ya, frustrating

I bought my last bow at SVA and it was a flagship bow, no one was there and they spent quite a bit of time setting it up, and I tried other bows as well.   

I don't think I could get that experience there again though. 

I might start mail ordering bows from amazon, setting them up and if I don't like it hock it on HW  :chuckle: 

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 09:33:51 PM »
Definitely take your business elsewhere.  I could give multiple examples of similar experiences there as well.  If you want the best guy to work on your bow you need to go to post falls and have a guy name Trevin work on your bow. I forgot what he calls his business, but he worked at Black Sheep in CDA for many years.  He's the best guy you will find.PM me if you want his contact info.  you won't be disappointed.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2022, 10:06:58 PM »
Definitely take your business elsewhere.  I could give multiple examples of similar experiences there as well.  If you want the best guy to work on your bow you need to go to post falls and have a guy name Trevin work on your bow. I forgot what he calls his business, but he worked at Black Sheep in CDA for many years.  He's the best guy you will find.PM me if you want his contact info.  you won't be disappointed.
How you been my friend, haven’t talked to you in a while.  Definitely would like his info

Online wannabhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 04:54:40 AM »
Have you tried Triple X in Chewelah? Camo'd arrows old building. I went right after Red sold. They were still transitioning at the time. If their customer service is half as good as Red's I will continue to take my business there. SVA is awful in my opinion. Knowledgeable people but the owner is beyond arrogant and the customer service sucks. We'll, at least it did 15 or so years ago. Haven't been back and have no intentions of going back.
"PETA" People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 06:57:01 AM »
How you been my friend, haven’t talked to you in a while.  Definitely would like his info
Been good, moved to Idaho last year like everyone else.  You been up bear hunting yet this year?

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2022, 07:10:40 AM »
Have you tried Triple X in Chewelah? Camo'd arrows old building. I went right after Red sold. They were still transitioning at the time. If their customer service is half as good as Red's I will continue to take my business there. SVA is awful in my opinion. Knowledgeable people but the owner is beyond arrogant and the customer service sucks. We'll, at least it did 15 or so years ago. Haven't been back and have no intentions of going back.
it's closed now.  New owner sold the building from my understanding.

Online wannabhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2022, 07:16:05 AM »
it's closed now.  New owner sold the building from my understanding.
That was fast.
"PETA" People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Rutnbuxnbulls

• Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2022, 07:41:58 AM »
It's funny about SVA, seems like many people have the same experience.  It's like a hangout spot and the local guys get preferential treatment. 
I've mentioned to them that I've bought several bows there, got new strings, accessories there over the years, still no extra service. 
Off season spot for sure.
The old guy that retired from Sportsmans Warehouse a couple years ago does work on bows for cash out of his house.  He's also a wildlife photographer.
His name is Lon Lauber.  He's on the northside in Spokane.  He helped me last season tune my bow, shooting advice.  Very knowledgable.  He didn't have a bow press at the time.
Might have to check out the guy in Post Falls now.  Thanks guys good info.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2022, 09:43:10 AM »
Ya, I didn't realize that was a thing but I definitely experienced it.  I'm there with nearly 30 other dudes and not a one even acknowledged my existence, and I'm there with 2 youth girls even, didn't say hi to them either.

What REALLY topped it off was I rode with my bro, who had to take a crap, and someone had setup camp in their only toilet (which I'm told, is naaasty by tbe two young girls) so my bro leaves me there while he drives off looking for a place to crap

Hours later.....

Now I'm good and grumpy when he gets back, we go the N40 in Airway heights,  and I buy the new pelican air bowcase I fondeled in SVA for over an hour.

So ya, the guys there are knowledgeable, but it's a midweek off-season spot

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2022, 06:11:48 PM »
I got permission from Trevin to post his contact number.  208-568-1272.  Probably the best tech in North Idaho/ Spokane area.  Give him a call, you'll be happy you did.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2022, 08:47:56 PM »
I got permission from Trevin to post his contact number.  208-568-1272.  Probably the best tech in North Idaho/ Spokane area.  Give him a call, you'll be happy you did.

Did some googlin, he's in Post Falls

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 01:35:23 AM »
No thanks to SVA :rolleyes:

North 40 in Cda

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 07:01:42 PM »

Did some googlin, he's in Post Falls
yes he is, worth the drive.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2022, 02:30:27 PM »
Wife finally got her bow back from sva. But they  Lost her release 🤬 of corse it’s the only one she ever liked and can’t remember the brand or model.  Then Mohawk guy tells her it’s her fault for leaving the release with the bow.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2022, 02:32:50 PM »
Mohawk guy shouldn't have let her leave the release in the 1st place

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2022, 02:40:42 PM »
I've had pretty good experiences with North 40 in CdA.  They're pretty good, quick, have a little range there... I typically try to only go in the off-season though.  They're the only shop in town that'll work on my xpedition bow.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2022, 03:12:40 PM »
Mohawk guy shouldn't have let her leave the release in the 1st place
Exactly what I said

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1