collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Archery, fatigue misses  (Read 8230 times)

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Archery, fatigue misses
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2022, 02:09:55 PM »
Now is the time to head in and get your Doctors note for your crossbow license.

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
I shoot only enough times to know I am on or I am off. Before third weekend of archery, I took one shot on a 3d target that was excellent from about 25 yards and then stopped entirely because I felt my mojo was working. Next shot was on my buck. I used to shoot a ton but then when I started winging them I would get frustrated, shoot some more, and just get more frustrated. Right handed and my shots definitely start going left and high when tired.

Offline salmosalar

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2022, 09:06:46 AM »
I continue to shoot every day. My groups have proceeded to get smaller and smaller.

One key is to not shoot after you are tired IMO.

I have noticed that since I have only been shooting for the last 5 months or so, I am getting stronger. I am not a super strong guy and I have had impingements in both shoulder when I did physical repetitive work. So Where I would notice hat my groupings would change after 8 or 10 arrows when I stated, I can now shoot many more times prior to being tired.

The other improvement is changing grips. I have a Mathews outback and that old wood grip was awful and seemed to magnify any torque. When I am tired, I notice that he torque is what gets me.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal