collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Fisherman (cough, cough,) caugth stuffing fish with weights in Tournament  (Read 5581 times)

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
The language in the video is pretty colorful, be warned!

A fishing tournament on Lake Erie resulted in the champions getting caught for cheating.

Chase Cominsky and Jake Runyan were caught stuffing their fish at the Lake Erie Walleye Trail in Ohio on Friday with lead weights, fish fillets and other debris to take home a money prize for heaviest fish.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lake-erie-fishing-tournament-ends-cheating-controversy

Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline highside74

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
Beat you to it :chuckle:

Offline 257wbymagkiller

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Longhunter
Being a competitive angler makes me so disgusted. I say let the other anglers deal with them.

Offline metlhead

• Sourdough
Anybody remember the salmon derby every summer at Zittels in Oly? You'd be surprised how many herring you could stuff in a king$$. Great times as a kid learning from the pros🤣

Offline 10mmg

• Scout
If you cheat to win you’re not a man. Period end of story. Cant be convinced otherwise. Better to be second than cheat to first.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
Beat you to it :chuckle:

Sorry did not mean to step on yours!
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
 :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Hey! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though sometimes I wonder.

If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans.

Offline cavemann

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Wow...  Dude is lucky he made it back to his rig and there was not a follow story

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline GWP

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sourdough
If you cheat to win you’re not a man. Period end of story. Cant be convinced otherwise. Better to be second than cheat to first.

Not to them. Look at how much they made, and for how long.
My experience is people justify a small cheat, get away with it, see gain, cheat a bit more, and keep gaining and cheating to where they don’t even think about it. Everyone else is cheating too in their mind, so it is Ok. The people that don’t are chumps!
Gain and ‘getting away with it’ emboldens them to the point of recklessness and then they end up caught.
Cuterebra are NOT cute!

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
    ssociated Press

CLEVELAND -- Two anglers accused of stuffing fish with lead weights and fillets in an attempt to win thousands of dollars in an Ohio fishing tournament were indicted Wednesday on charges of attempted grand theft and other counts.

Jacob Runyan, 42, of Broadview Heights, Ohio, and Chase Cominsky, 35, of Hermitage, Pennsylvania, were indicted in Cleveland on felony charges of cheating, attempted grand theft and possessing criminal tools and misdemeanor charges of unlawfully owning wild animals. They're due to be arraigned Oct. 26.

Neither man immediately responded to voicemails seeking comment.

The cheating allegations surfaced Sept. 30 when Lake Erie Walleye Trail tournament director Jason Fischer became suspicious because Runyan and Cominsky's fish were significantly heavier than walleye of that length typically are. A crowd of people at Gordon Park in Cleveland watched Fischer cut the walleye open and announce that there were weights and walleye fillets stuffed inside.

An officer from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources confiscated the fish as evidence.

Fischer also did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

Runyan and Cominsky would have received $28,760 in prizes for winning the tournament.

According to search warrant affidavits, the five walleye contained a total of eight 12-ounce (.34 kilogram) lead weights and two 8-ounce (.23 kilogram) weights, as well as the fish fillets. Officers from ODNR, the Hermitage Police Department and the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission seized a boat, trailer and fishing gear belonging to Cominsky on Tuesday in Pennsylvania. The anglers had used the boat during last month's tournament, the affidavits said.

One of the affidavits disclosed that Runyan and Cominsky were investigated by Rossford police in northwest Ohio in April after being accused of cheating in a different walleye tournament. According to a Rossford police report, an assistant Wood County prosecutor concluded that although the men might have cheated, there was not enough evidence to charge them.

Offline birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
see they pled not guilty today... more i think on this and posts, less i think they can book them.. see this ending with ban or black listed from events everywhere but burden of proof as no not gonna  confess .. not certain it is there? sure we know but, no one saw them stuff ..... lawyers gonna be lawyers... :dunno:
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline Mech

• Hunter
This could easily go to civil court.
Anyone damaged from these two from sponsors to competitors can file against these two knuckleheads.
If it goes this route they are going to get their asses handed to them.
I say this with fingers crossed.

Offline GWP

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sourdough
They made a crap load of cash and prizes over the years. I am sure if they plead guilty they would get pushed to tell about all the other wins, and which ones were 'cheats'.
Sure would suck to be the ones that took second place. We are talking about significant money here.
I wonder if the sponsor's will get involved and provide some legal help, or just hope it goes away?
Cuterebra are NOT cute!

Offline Sandberm

• Frontiersman
They made a crap load of cash and prizes over the years. I am sure if they plead guilty they would get pushed to tell about all the other wins, and which ones were 'cheats'.
Sure would suck to be the ones that took second place. We are talking about significant money here.
I wonder if the sponsor's will get involved and provide some legal help, or just hope it goes away?
Sponsors dont jump in to help. They react in shock and disbelief and drop them for breach of contract.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]