collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bloodline 300 grain performance on bear  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Westside88

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Bloodline 300 grain performance on bear
« on: October 07, 2022, 06:13:55 AM »
I am always interested to hear real world results of muzzleloader bullets on game since I have very little experience with them. The elk load that I started with and continue to use is a 300 grain bloodline, 120 grains if triple 7 2f and 1075 #11 cap. I’ve found it to shoot accurately and have really been having fun learning about muzzleloaders.
While elk hunting this week I had a chance
To take my first ever bear at about 80 yards. I was in some river bottom brush but got a window for a behind the front shoulder fairly high shot. It dropped like a rock and was done. When I skinned it I was a little surprised I didn’t find and exit hole. Upon further inspection I found that the bullet had created massive damage in the spinal area and I did also notice perforations in some of the organs. I think the fracturing petals of the bloodline did exactly as intended and the design also dumped all the energy into the vital zone.
While cutting meat yesterday we also found that the remainder of the bullet had continued on and broken the large bone in the offside leg. All in all I’d say the bullet did exactly as promoted. I look forward to continuing to hunt with muzzleloader’s they definitely have a fun factor.

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
Re: Bloodline 300 grain performance on bear
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 06:42:47 AM »
Great Bear! Sounds like the bullet did some WORK!  Congrats

Offline erk444

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 08:03:09 AM »
I love being able to get the bullet back! The one on the right is a Barnes 290 gr. TEZ from a 60 yard deer and the left is a 290 gr. TMZ from a 110 yard elk. So cool to see them look as advertised.

Offline Sabotloader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 02:00:29 PM »
Both 300 Bloodline and its smaller brother the 275 work awesome.  They definitely do the job as advertised!

Keep shooting muzzleloaders - They are a blast!!

Offline Quackaddict

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 04:26:21 PM »
I have had same results with the bloodlines with great accuracy. The only reason I switched was after finding fragments of the bullet in meat, in which could be in steaks or get into hamburger. (Which it did) otherwise the wound channel was always incredible

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal