collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Leadore, Idaho  (Read 9593 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Leadore, Idaho
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2022, 06:32:23 PM »
You know I really wish people wouldn't lump all west siders together. I have lived on the Olympic Peninsula my entire life, was raised hunting and fishing, loving family and respecting others. We too have to deal with the 206'ers many do not have the respect or understanding when it comes to salmon fishing and maneuvering their boats when another boat has a fish on. Many are cocky SOB's, but not everyone is, don't lump everyone in the same pot!! I enjoy hunting seasons east of the mountains and I would be willing to bet many eastsiders enjoy salmon and halibut fishing here.

Good luck to all on the upcoming hunting season.

When I first joined HW I was right there with them, I've since learned better and have evolved.  They do bring a ton of money to our economy and I've learned most hunters from the westside hate the politics there as much as anyone here.   

So I don't differentiate one from the other, its all one state.

But don't get me wrong, if I could vote for my county to join Idaho I'd ditch the wetside in a nanosecond!

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2022, 07:22:06 PM »
I'd live on the east side...I could actually afford a house over there. Not sure the east side can provide me with a similar job, similar pay, and similar job security.

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2022, 07:56:27 PM »
I'd live on the east side...I could actually afford a house over there. Not sure the east side can provide me with a similar job, similar pay, and similar job security.
commute! I moved to the eastside 14 years ago and commuted for 12 years. I couldn’t imagine living on the westside ever again.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline stickbuck

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2022, 08:25:14 PM »
Made me nervous when I saw this thread pop back up again. Thankful it wasn’t chatter about the OP’s original comments. Lol. Heading to Leadore to chase elk with muzzleloader starting next Tuesday and I’m hoping all of my tires stay intact. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2022, 08:26:57 PM »
Made me nervous when I saw this thread pop back up again. Thankful it wasn’t chatter about the OP’s original comments. Lol. Heading to Leadore to chase elk with muzzleloader starting next Tuesday and I’m hoping all of my tires stay intact. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck !

Offline Gettin Birdie

• Hunter
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2022, 08:30:47 PM »
I grew up in Idaho and relatively close by to Leadore, hunted around there often.  Life happened, moved around a lot and finally went back in 2020 with hopes of reviving my childhood memories :chuckle:.  What I saw, was insane compared to what I grew up with, the amount of out of staters and clogging up every trailhead was crazy!  It was rare to come across anybody out here in my youth, now it's packed.  I've had my fair share of head shakes at out of staters, but this is ridiculous and disgraceful.  I'm just happy I still had ID plates when I went back! 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal