collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Expect more from the groups that killed spring bear...  (Read 4492 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Expect more from the groups that killed spring bear...
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 08:28:01 PM »
I have a question…
So just because these groups got together and decided they know what’s best for our wildlife, created a “wildlife reform”, and invited WDFW, then why is WDFW attending?

What if RMEF, The Mule Deer Foundation and a handful of similar groups got together and created a “wildlife reform” based around predator management and habitat, and maximizing opportunities for sportsmen of Washington state. If they were to rent out a camp for 2 days and invite wdfw would they also attend?

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I don’t get why a state agency is even bothering to meet with groups who are basically saying “we know how to do your job better than you do come to our meeting about how we want to replace you”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I was thinking. Although admittedly ive have done little research, why of all groups are we appeasing this group and not other more beneficial groups that I'm sure would love to help

Critter organizations are Habitat orgs. they don't delve into the politics about predators. Does anyone remember RMEF NOT taking a stand on wolves... until it was too late and loosing a massive number of members? I do. Organizations like SCI and Washingtonians advocate for sportsmen.  Habitat is the warm fuzzy, not the hard decisive conversations.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline highcountry_hunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 08:38:04 PM »
I have a question…
So just because these groups got together and decided they know what’s best for our wildlife, created a “wildlife reform”, and invited WDFW, then why is WDFW attending?

What if RMEF, The Mule Deer Foundation and a handful of similar groups got together and created a “wildlife reform” based around predator management and habitat, and maximizing opportunities for sportsmen of Washington state. If they were to rent out a camp for 2 days and invite wdfw would they also attend?

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I don’t get why a state agency is even bothering to meet with groups who are basically saying “we know how to do your job better than you do come to our meeting about how we want to replace you”

This is what I was thinking. Although admittedly ive have done little research, why of all groups are we appeasing this group and not other more beneficial groups that I'm sure would love to help

Critter organizations are Habitat orgs. they don't delve into the politics about predators. Does anyone remember RMEF NOT taking a stand on wolves... until it was too late and loosing a massive number of members? I do. Organizations like SCI and Washingtonians advocate for sportsmen.  Habitat is the warm fuzzy, not the hard decisive conversations.  :twocents:
Gotcha…thank you for the info.

But regardless, why is WDFW bothering to meet with them when the do not try to hide that their agenda is to end “consumption” and basically change everything WDFW does?

If SCI invited WDFW to a conference all about effective predator management and maximizing sportsmen opportunity would they attend?

Offline Gettin Birdie

• Hunter
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2022, 08:50:50 PM »
I have a couple of thoughts.

It's a private club. So I can't be upset that or think less of them for keeping their meeting private. It's their right. It is funny that they used a publicly available space to show their agenda for the meeting.

I dislike the 2 groups that I have any knowledge of in this consortium. I have to believe the others have similar belief's. Their intentions are crystal clear.

The tribes are likely a potential advocate for sportsman in this instance. I am a sport fisherman and a hunter. I hear and read all sorts of incorrect stuff regarding the tribes from sportsmen. Now is the time to try and just be kind to one another. We have shared interests when it comes to many of the issues that are being discussed at this conference. Engaging the tribes and showing this threat is wise. Is there a person or group to represent the sportsmen who has not burned that bridge?

WDFW itself is under constant attack and ridicule from sportsmen. I have educated myself on anadromous fish issues for the last 20 years. As with the tribes, I have heard and read an amazing amount of false things from sportsmen regarding wdfw. It makes this sort of takeover even easier to accomplish. As with the tribes: Now is the time to try and just be kind to one another. We have shared interests when it comes to many of the issues that are being discussed at this conference.

I work in a profession where we consult or use WDFW bio's. Many are not focused on hunting and fishing as much as they are habitat because that is their job. I have had dealing with fish bio's whose jobs revolve around harvest. There seems to be a large disconnect between the 2 types of bio's. We should all understand this in our dealing with their biologists.

WDFW pays most employees at a pretty low rate. In fact, the state pays garbage compared to other similar entities especially at the lower levels. This leads to losing people to other entities and it also potentially sets up a scenario where WDFW work becomes more of an internship than a career. I think that this is problematic. You would need to be passionate about something to work for the wages they pay. Who is more passionate than animal rights activists? Maybe, rather than tearing down employees, which I have seen many times, we should do more to advocate for the humans counting reds and setting seasons etc. I've known many of them. The pay and the treatment from the public (especially sportsmen) has had an awful effect on moral.

We can't control the humane society or Wild Fish Conservancy. We can control our actions. As the author said, we should get involved. To do this using tact and team building with entities that otherwise frustrate us (tribes, WDFW, political associations) are likely the ways to accomplish our goals.

Lastly, there is a lot of political talk on this board about electing people who agree with hunters perspectives. The thing is that most people do not vote on conservation/ outdoors issues. A different tact would be to lobby politicians that are likely to be elected, whether you agree with them or not on other issues. Show them how hunting and fishing is good for the state and for the residents. Direct tactful kind communication does actually work. I have always been amazed at how much that is true. These groups have some politicians ears, mostly because they speak to those politicians.

Sportsmen can only control their own selves.

Just a couple thoughts...  Comparatively to other states, they pay pretty dang good, is it enough, hell no!  But neighboring ID was giving $12.31 an hour, bachelor's required, that was 2020.  I made close to 5$ more than that in WA.  Things could be better though.  Problem is, many bio's (not all) agree with us sportsman, it's the "upper" management that doesn't, aka Inslee and company.  Also, I was dumbfounded when I worked there at who they were hiring, anti-gun, anti-hunter individuals, many fresh out of college, that was my greenlight to leave the state, as I could have had perm full time job with WDFW, would have pursued until I experienced this first hand, and knew I must leave.  It's a disgrace, and I'm all for fighting, but it's going to take upper level bureaucrats being voted out before change happens, don't stop the fight though! And speak up more!  I was mobile, so I got out, many are not, just keep the fight up, it is of the utmost importance!     

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2022, 08:58:15 PM »

It's a private club. So I can't be upset that or think less of them for keeping their meeting private. It's their right. It is funny that they used a publicly available space to show their agenda for the meeting.

I dislike the 2 groups that I have any knowledge of in this consortium. I have to believe the others have similar belief's. Their intentions are crystal clear.

The tribes are likely a potential advocate for sportsman in this instance. I am a sport fisherman and a hunter. I hear and read all sorts of incorrect stuff regarding the tribes from sportsmen. Now is the time to try and just be kind to one another. We have shared interests when it comes to many of the issues that are being discussed at this conference. Engaging the tribes and showing this threat is wise. Is there a person or group to represent the sportsmen who has not burned that bridge?

WDFW itself is under constant attack and ridicule from sportsmen. I have educated myself on anadromous fish issues for the last 20 years. As with the tribes, I have heard and read an amazing amount of false things from sportsmen regarding wdfw. It makes this sort of takeover even easier to accomplish. As with the tribes: Now is the time to try and just be kind to one another. We have shared interests when it comes to many of the issues that are being discussed at this conference.

I work in a profession where we consult or use WDFW bio's. Many are not focused on hunting and fishing as much as they are habitat because that is their job. I have had dealing with fish bio's whose jobs revolve around harvest. There seems to be a large disconnect between the 2 types of bio's. We should all understand this in our dealing with their biologists.

WDFW pays most employees at a pretty low rate. In fact, the state pays garbage compared to other similar entities especially at the lower levels. This leads to losing people to other entities and it also potentially sets up a scenario where WDFW work becomes more of an internship than a career. I think that this is problematic. You would need to be passionate about something to work for the wages they pay. Who is more passionate than animal rights activists? Maybe, rather than tearing down employees, which I have seen many times, we should do more to advocate for the humans counting reds and setting seasons etc. I've known many of them. The pay and the treatment from the public (especially sportsmen) has had an awful effect on moral.

We can't control the humane society or Wild Fish Conservancy. We can control our actions. As the author said, we should get involved. To do this using tact and team building with entities that otherwise frustrate us (tribes, WDFW, political associations) are likely the ways to accomplish our goals.

Lastly, there is a lot of political talk on this board about electing people who agree with hunters perspectives. The thing is that most people do not vote on conservation/ outdoors issues. A different tact would be to lobby politicians that are likely to be elected, whether you agree with them or not on other issues. Show them how hunting and fishing is good for the state and for the residents. Direct tactful kind communication does actually work. I have always been amazed at how much that is true. These groups have some politicians ears, mostly because they speak to those politicians.

Just a couple thoughts...  Comparatively to other states, they pay pretty dang good, is it enough, hell no!  But neighboring ID was giving $12.31 an hour, bachelor's required, that was 2020.  I made close to 5$ more than that in WA.  Things could be better though.  Problem is, many bio's (not all) agree with us sportsman, it's the "upper" management that doesn't, aka Inslee and company.  Also, I was dumbfounded when I worked there at who they were hiring, anti-gun, anti-hunter individuals, many fresh out of college, that was my greenlight to leave the state, as I could have had perm full time job with WDFW, would have pursued until I experienced this first hand, and knew I must leave.  It's a disgrace, and I'm all for fighting, but it's going to take upper level bureaucrats being voted out before change happens, don't stop the fight though! And speak up more!  I was mobile, so I got out, many are not, just keep the fight up, it is of the utmost importance!   

This is spot on.
Inslee is the problem. He has stacked the deck. A vote for Inslee is a vote against hunting. Period.
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 10:21:56 PM »

This is spot on.
Inslee is the problem. He has stacked the deck. A vote for Inslee is a vote against hunting. Period.
Ding ding ding.
Inslee is no friend of hunters ,but he'll take your money.
Backpack tax to go out in the woods ,give me a break.
Joke.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2022, 12:23:55 AM »
Maybe put conservation before new taxes,and WDFW pocket book and worry less about my consumption of game animals.
That's what I'm thinking.
I'm not worried ,inslee loves our money too much .
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2022, 08:50:19 AM »

This is spot on.

yes Inslee and a bunch of Dem legislators are bad. I believe that Director Susewind has his heart in the right spot and is trying to help. this tells me that some other mid upper level mangers are the problem and he cant do squat about it.  my best guess is that it is in the Carnivore section.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand