collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: No spring black bear in Washington- ever again  (Read 8584 times)

Offline HillHound

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
Re: No spring black bear in Washington- ever again
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2022, 07:26:13 AM »
Great advice. I will do that and hopefully everyone else will too. Keep the ideas and names to barrage with emails coming. Maybe none of us have all the answers but collectively we might.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2022, 08:28:35 AM »
You all that are still concerned about spring bear.
Should read this topic.

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,275147.msg3739488/topicseen.html#new
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2022, 08:38:33 AM »
I completely disagree with the premise of this post (especially, the title):  "Never again" is a silly statement.

I won't post a link (against forum rules), but do your own Google search.  November 20th, 2022 article in the Wall Street Journal, describing how the Democratic governor, Phil Murphy, has just restored the statewide bear hunt (six day season), AFTER he had used executive authority to ban bear hunting.  (Animal rights groups are howling now, as you would imagine.)

Do you see the point?  Even a Democratic governor, who had previously bent under the pressure of animal rights groups and had banned bear hunting, can change his mind, when confronted with the facts of damage caused by bears.

Stop being so negative, and do something, if you really care about this issue.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2022, 08:46:52 AM »
I completely disagree with the premise of this post (especially, the title):  "Never again" is a silly statement.

I won't post a link (against forum rules), but do your own Google search.  November 20th, 2022 article in the Wall Street Journal, describing how the Democratic governor, Phil Murphy, has just restored the statewide bear hunt (six day season), AFTER he had used executive authority to ban bear hunting.  (Animal rights groups are howling now, as you would imagine.)

Do you see the point?  Even a Democratic governor, who had previously bent under the pressure of animal rights groups and had banned bear hunting, can change his mind, when confronted with the facts of damage caused by bears.

Stop being so negative, and do something, if you really care about this issue.
Are you advocating a new governor,cause inslee is a lost cause. Inslee is not gonna overturn this.
Does new York have a Commission or is DNR in charge of game.

Offline wheels1

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2022, 09:23:01 AM »
How?

How do you remove them?

My suggestion is to put pressure on Kevin van de Wege and the rest of the Natural Resources committee that confirms WDFW Commission appointees.

I’ve emailed him a number of times over the past year but never received any kind of a response. Maybe if more of us do so he might start paying attention.
I agree with the idea but lf I remember right Lorena has never officially confirmed 

Offline Smokeploe

• Hunter
  • Groups: FTE, shooterforum
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2022, 09:25:05 AM »
If you want spring bear hunt back then, bear hunters have to get together!  What you have to do is start a campaign, write your state reps, the governor and fish and game!   You need to keep writing till they give in and reopen it!  You need to pester everyone who you think and some who you don’t think can do anything.  The more noise you make and being a pest up to the point short of harnessing  then they will do something!  Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease!  Anti-hunters this is their favorite terriost move to get what they want!  Use it against them!  Individual complaining will not get any of you anywhere,  they will just say what a bunch of crybabies!  Band together and stand together and make your want known!

Smokeploe
Smokeploe

When guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns!
The same with ammo!
The same with personal liberties

Offline BigredRusch

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Tracker
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2022, 04:22:34 PM »
If you want spring bear hunt back then, bear hunters have to get together!  What you have to do is start a campaign, write your state reps, the governor and fish and game!   You need to keep writing till they give in and reopen it!  You need to pester everyone who you think and some who you don’t think can do anything.  The more noise you make and being a pest up to the point short of harnessing  then they will do something!  Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease!  Anti-hunters this is their favorite terriost move to get what they want!  Use it against them!  Individual complaining will not get any of you anywhere,  they will just say what a bunch of crybabies!  Band together and stand together and make your want known!

Smokeploe
I agree 100%. Please, as a fellow bear hunter I want to push everyone who reads this to call the governors office and leave a voicemail. Be kind but straightforward. Tell him what you want and how much it means to you. Tell him the 2022 general population survey for Washington came back with a 75% approval rating for legal, regulated hunting in this state. Tell him to focus on creating opportunities rather than taking them away.

I have been following the WDFW commission for the last 2 years. I sent a few emails here and there but never really wanted to call. Frankly I didn’t think I had anything to say and I was afraid of being put on the spot or putting myself on the spot. Well, I have called Jay Inslee 2 times in the last week. I have a reason that is important enough and I think the rest of us do to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2022, 04:31:09 PM »

Smokeploe
I agree 100%. Please, as a fellow bear hunter I want to push everyone who reads this to call the governors office and leave a voicemail. Be kind but straightforward. Tell him what you want and how much it means to you. Tell him the 2022 general population survey for Washington came back with a 75% approval rating for legal, regulated hunting in this state. Tell him to focus on creating opportunities rather than taking them away.

I have been following the WDFW commission for the last 2 years. I sent a few emails here and there but never really wanted to call. Frankly I didn’t think I had anything to say and I was afraid of being put on the spot or putting myself on the spot. Well, I have called Jay Inslee 2 times in the last week. I have a reason that is important enough and I think the rest of us do to.

You called Jay inslee  :yike: :chuckle: :yike: :chuckle: :yike:
I'll join this topic later.
I'm blown away right now.
I almost fell out the chair.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2022, 04:33:59 PM »
Jay Inslee phone number..  Call 360-902-4111

Offline BigredRusch

• Tracker
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2022, 04:49:27 PM »

Smokeploe

You called Jay inslee  :yike: :chuckle: :yike: :chuckle: :yike:
I'll join this topic later.
I'm blown away right now.
I almost fell out the chair.
Jay Inslee is directly responsible for the members on the WDFW commission. He has assigned the recent anti hunting members without first consulting the numerous conservation agencies active in our state. Seems like a pretty good person to start calling…

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2022, 08:00:17 PM »
How did I miss this
I can't believe the WA people voted for this.
The bears are a strong hold now and forever......................not lol.........
I mean…the people of Washington didn’t knowingly vote exactly for this. But every vote for Inslee as governor is what lead directly to this.

Yes that.  :yeah:

Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline BigredRusch

• Tracker
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2022, 08:15:29 PM »
How did I miss this
The bears are a strong hold now and forever......................not lol.........
I mean…the people of Washington didn’t knowingly vote exactly for this. But every vote for Inslee as governor is what lead directly to this.

With all due respect. That’s a cop out and you are stonewalling this conversation with politics. If you don’t participate, don’t complain.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2022, 08:18:08 PM »
How did I miss this

With all due respect. That’s a cop out and you are stonewalling this conversation with politics. If you don’t participate, don’t complain.

Curious how you know who participates and who doesn't.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2022, 08:18:53 PM »
Still can't believe you called inslee.
What did you say to the sob.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2022, 08:20:10 PM »
Jay Inslee phone number..  Call 360-902-4111
Don't temp me now.
 :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]