collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Antelope hunt info  (Read 3754 times)

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Antelope hunt info
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 10:22:23 AM »
Quote from:   link= topic=275472.msg3740858#msg3740858 date=1669741440
You will have to look in the eastern units with limited public land with only 4 points buck rub. We lost out to point creep in a middle of the road unit out west this year with 8 points. Speed goat hunting in Wyoming has gotten super popular the last few years unfortunately.
Wonder if I bite the bullet and apply for special if that’ll give me some more options. Eastern Wyo is a long drive for a little speed goat  :chuckle:

Jalen has like 13 points so maybe you could sweet talk him into sharing 🙄😂

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2022, 11:30:24 AM »
Wyoming is considering some rather significant price increases for non-residents.

https://www.powelltribune.com/stories/wildlife-task-force-prepares-for-final-report,52115

The draft bill calls for an increase for nonresident elk licenses from $576 to $1,258, nonresident deer license from $288 to $826 and nonresident antelope licenses from $288 to $874.
That article doesn't accurately portray the increase proposal. The increase proposal is only for the special draw. But definitely would raise the special cost to an unreasonable level.

Online Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2022, 11:34:16 AM »
FYI:  General rule of thumb:  In Wyoming the units you can draw with the least points also have the least amount of public land.  2 years ago my boys both drew antelope tags (no points).  We hunted 4 days and did not see a single goat on any of the small patches of public land.  We started knocking on doors, paid a trespass fee and filled both tags, but we never did see a pronghorn on a public piece.   :twocents:
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2022, 11:49:24 AM »
   :yeah:

If your gonna hunt the low point units in eastern Wyoming you better do your homework & have a plan in place.

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2022, 12:27:34 PM »
Thanks all
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline Buck Rub Jr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2022, 03:08:46 PM »
Quote from:   link= topic=275472.msg3740858#msg3740858 date=1669741440
You will have to look in the eastern units with limited public land with only 4 points buck rub. We lost out to point creep in a middle of the road unit out west this year with 8 points. Speed goat hunting in Wyoming has gotten super popular the last few years unfortunately.
Wonder if I bite the bullet and apply for special if that’ll give me some more options. Eastern Wyo is a long drive for a little speed goat  :chuckle:

Jalen has like 13 points so maybe you could sweet talk him into sharing 🙄😂
Gonna have to bring a nice bottle for him next time I head over to blackies with Braden 😂 he’s gotta share the wealth with the little guys like me
They is where you aint and you aint where they is.

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2022, 07:55:36 PM »
 :chuckle: sounds like a legitimate plan

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2022, 06:13:36 PM »
Wyoming is considering some rather significant price increases for non-residents.

https://www.powelltribune.com/stories/wildlife-task-force-prepares-for-final-report,52115

The draft bill calls for an increase for nonresident elk licenses from $576 to $1,258, nonresident deer license from $288 to $826 and nonresident antelope licenses from $288 to $874.

I think I have over 10 points for deer and elk and around 6 for antelope.  They can have all of my points back before I pay those ridiculous prices for any of those tags.  :twocents:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2022, 04:25:57 PM »
There are units that can be drawn still with 0 points in eastern Wyoming but they are few and far between. Antelope are everywhere out there though and you can still find a few on public even  in the least desirable of units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2022, 04:36:15 PM »
There are units that can be drawn still with 0 points in eastern Wyoming but they are few and far between. Antelope are everywhere out there though and you can still find a few on public even  in the least desirable of units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not my experience in 17.  We hunted hard 4 days and didn't see a single goat, buck or doe on public land (we used OnX).  Finally talked (and paid) our way onto private ground to tag out.  But then, we weren't there on opening weekend.  Maybe they were just wise by the time we got there the 2nd week.  I was told (by lots of people) to avoid the opening weekend circus.  Maybe we missed something... :dunno:
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2022, 05:05:18 PM »
Watch the first half of this video by Randy Newburg...

He breaks down what is going to happen in Wyoming for deer, elk and antelope in 2023 and 2024 and beyond.  My 4 measly points we were going to use next year will probably not be enough to hunt some of the areas we were looking at for antelope.

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]