collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I think we broke the Idaho website  (Read 15095 times)

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: I think we broke the Idaho website
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2022, 02:41:13 PM »
My only real problem with the system is that we should be able to at least do partners somehow. Been hunting Idaho since 2002 and the last 2 years my group has not had the same unit. We have been spread all over and gotten sudden units each year. It’s hard to go to a brand new spot every year. Bout the time you get it figured out it’s on to the next unit.
iPhone. There's definitely merit to this argument. While you all can't partake in your group hunt, another unintended consequence is snagging random tags that another guy was wanting. It's a viscous circle for sure.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline elkchaser54

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2022, 02:45:01 PM »
They could separate deer and elk in to different days . To alleviate so much stress on the system.  I couldn't even get in to the waiting room in time so I was 22,000 with my brother at 13,000 by the time he got in to buy the McCall A tags were sold out . Guess next year I'll just drive 4 hours to Idaho to get it. 

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2022, 03:13:22 PM »
And if you're going to freeze the online sales it needs to stop via phone and in person. That was my biggest gripe. Purging tags everywhere else except for the poor schmuck on his lunch break staring at his iphone.
I think the phone/in person sales were sometimes disrupted and were supposed to stop synchronized with online sales...but in practice that was far from the case.  I had one relative buy 5 10a deer tags for guys yesterday...he deserves a 'convenience fee' not the IDFG :chuckle:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Online buggy

• Hunter
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2022, 05:27:31 PM »
Tags should go on sale at midnight. :twocents:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2022, 05:33:27 PM »
Tags should go on sale at midnight. :twocents:
whatever. Don't temp me with a good time  :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2022, 07:22:14 PM »
Guys need to stop saying go to draw. Fix the sale system but we DO NOT need another draw system  :twocents:
Why not? I love knowing how and when I can plan a hunt. Wyomings system is perfect in my eyes. Buy points, plan. Go hunt

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2022, 07:33:38 PM »
Guys need to stop saying go to draw. Fix the sale system but we DO NOT need another draw system  :twocents:
Why not? I love knowing how and when I can plan a hunt. Wyomings system is perfect in my eyes. Buy points, plan. Go hunt

Oh dear god that would go south in a hurry. The last thing Idaho needs is a points system.  :bash:

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2022, 07:43:40 PM »

Oh dear god that would go south in a hurry. The last thing Idaho needs is a points system.  :bash:

I agreed with that last year, not so sure after this year.... per IDFG email today, they had 67K different customers trying to buy roughly 27K tags... just 3-4 years ago, I would buy tags on the way over... this is nuts

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2022, 08:03:03 PM »
And if you're going to freeze the online sales it needs to stop via phone and in person. That was my biggest gripe. Purging tags everywhere else except for the poor schmuck on his lunch break staring at his iphone.
I think the phone/in person sales were sometimes disrupted and were supposed to stop synchronized with online sales...but in practice that was far from the case.  I had one relative buy 5 10a deer tags for guys yesterday...he deserves a 'convenience fee' not the IDFG :chuckle:

I agree that people should be able to buy them in person, but not allowing someone else to buy them in person for you. I think most of us also agree with Karl that we dont want another draw system, but I'd advocate for a draw if this isn't addressed because it's pure bs. To let one person buy multiple tags for other hunters undermines the OTC sales imho. :twocents:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline Chesapeake

• Sourdough
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2022, 08:21:11 PM »

This here is silly. Wyoming point creep is crazy the last few years. Yes you used to be able to stick pile points and then go hunt, but that ship has sailed. Now days if you burn your points you’ll never catch up with anything but a general tag, and that will take 3 or 4 years.

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2022, 08:26:24 PM »

:yeah:   Make it draw for the non residents...............
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline Benny

• Hunter
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2022, 08:39:45 PM »
A legit draw for general tags would be a deathblow to NR guys…period.

In 5 years getting a general tag would be akin to getting a controlled tag. Couple the legislative requirement to make this happen would also include other aspects that would no doubt hurt NR even more (reduced capped tags, increased resident tags, increased outfitter tags).

Fix the point of sale issues and all is well.

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2022, 10:47:38 AM »

This here is silly. Wyoming point creep is crazy the last few years. Yes you used to be able to stick pile points and then go hunt, but that ship has sailed. Now days if you burn your points you’ll never catch up with anything but a general tag, and that will take 3 or 4 years.

Maybe if you’re talking about draws that take 14 points or something. I have gone to wyoming 3 times in the last 6 years for deer and I know that I likely will be able to go again in 2 years. At least based on how the creep has been for the 6 years I have been applying. If they went to the same draw system in Idaho I would simple find the unit that takes the amount of points that aligns with my future plans and go hunt.

Offline Benny

• Hunter
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2022, 11:05:27 AM »
I first started hunting Wyo we could pull G tags with 3 special. It’ll be 9 or maybe 10 this year. Wyoming is not something to emulate  :twocents:

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2022, 11:17:00 AM »
I can almost guarantee anyone advocating for Idaho going to a point system hasn't been playing the point system game for almost 30 years.  And then you have the states that square points that are even worse...

I have been and would much prefer every state had just stayed with the random draw like Idaho and New Mexico...although NM is screwy with their allocation percentages...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]