collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I think we broke the Idaho website  (Read 15094 times)

Offline CarbonHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, WSB
Re: I think we broke the Idaho website
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2022, 11:34:16 AM »
And if you're going to freeze the online sales it needs to stop via phone and in person. That was my biggest gripe. Purging tags everywhere else except for the poor schmuck on his lunch break staring at his iphone.
I think the phone/in person sales were sometimes disrupted and were supposed to stop synchronized with online sales...but in practice that was far from the case.  I had one relative buy 5 10a deer tags for guys yesterday...he deserves a 'convenience fee' not the IDFG :chuckle:

When they froze the online the in store sale’s stopped as well. It wasn’t until 11am that the in store purchases started to work like they should have.

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2022, 11:41:47 AM »
I first started hunting Wyo we could pull G tags with 3 special. It’ll be 9 or maybe 10 this year. Wyoming is not something to emulate  :twocents:

Then pick a new unit to hunt if you want to hunt more often?

I agree Washingtons system sucks and is the worse possible. Besides maybe Idaho now? A state you can’t even buy a tag because their system shutdowns preventing online access.

Offline MAVsled

• MAV-HNTR
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/MavHntr
    • MAV's Outdoor Adventures
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2022, 12:59:00 PM »
my 3rd year of trying Idaho online for an elk tag. Very dismayed to say the least.

Neighbor grew up in ID, but a NR for last 15 years. He paid 3 guys to stand in line at 3 different IDFG license vendors. He got the last unit 66-A tag.
Using this method, he has obtained that unit tag 3 years in a row. He says; "cheaper than hiring an outfitter"

Acquaintance I know, bragging how he was 4th person in a line. 45 min later he was done. Purchased three 67A elk tags. Even if he could buy me one, I wouldn't hunt with the guy.

Hate to say this but only way to be fair, make it a DRAW.
Allow hunters to apply as group, say 6 per.
BUT ONLY ALLOW ONE UNIT, ONE HUNT AS A CHOICE.

I wish WA State would do this. One unit, one hunt choice.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2022, 01:06:41 PM »
I first started hunting Wyo we could pull G tags with 3 special. It’ll be 9 or maybe 10 this year. Wyoming is not something to emulate  :twocents:

I agree Washingtons system sucks and is the worse possible. Besides maybe Idaho now? A state you can’t even buy a tag because their system shutdowns preventing online access.

I think you're missing the point. Having OTC tags in Idaho is unique for non-residents as you pretty much have to draw deer and elk tags in every other western state as a non-resident. There also used to be plenty of units you could draw in WY as a second choice or with zero points, but not anymore. It use to take 10 points to get a primo hunt, but now it gets you a general tag.

In short, the points are making many of these states a once or twice in a lifetime opportunity for most hunters. We don't want or need another broken draw system with points, we just need ID to clean up their current system. People should only be able to buy in person for themselves or wait online like everyone else to see what is available. :twocents:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 01:17:23 PM by cem3434 »
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2022, 01:15:10 PM »
Ya I'm not a fan of the ability to group purchase. Guys buying for 8-10 of their buddies.

I know a group of 6 that all logged in early and whomever got the better spot in line made all the purchases. Kinda defeats the random spot assignment.

Guess I'm not sneaky enough to play the system yet. 

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2022, 01:20:11 PM »
Ya I'm not a fan of the ability to group purchase. Guys buying for 8-10 of their buddies.

I know a group of 6 that all logged in early and whomever got the better spot in line made all the purchases. Kinda defeats the random spot assignment.

It doesn't work that way. you log in for one person.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2022, 01:26:27 PM »

Your log in assigns you a random spot. Once your spot comes up your able to access the idfg purchase page. Once in all bets are off. I know several people that made multiple purchases once access was gained.

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2022, 01:31:45 PM »

Your log in assigns you a random spot. Once your spot comes up your able to access the idfg purchase page. Once in all bets are off. I know several people that made multiple purchases once access was gained.
you're logged in only for your Hunt ID #. not anyone else's.  you can only purchase for the hunter ID number you logged in with.

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2022, 01:39:47 PM »

you're logged in only for your Hunt ID #. not anyone else's.  you can only purchase for the hunter ID number you logged in with.

pretty sure that is incorrect

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2022, 01:41:50 PM »

I had buddies do it so I know it works.
Once released from the wait your turn jail and directed into the go outdoors vendor screen they bought their tags, logged off, still had access, logged on under a buddies, bought and repeat..
Maybe it's a flaw, but it worked....

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2022, 01:51:51 PM »

I think you're missing the point. Having OTC tags in Idaho is unique for non-residents as you pretty much have to draw deer and elk tags in every other western state as a non-resident. There also used to be plenty of units you could draw in WY as a second choice or with zero points, but not anymore. It use to take 10 points to get a primo hunt, but now it gets you a general tag.

In short, the points are making many of these states a once or twice in a lifetime opportunity for most hunters. We don't want or need another broken draw system with points, we just need ID to clean up their current system. People should only be able to buy in person for themselves or wait online like everyone else to see what is available. :twocents:

I would agree Idaho 4 years ago as an over the counter state was ideal. But is it really OTC now?

But I don’t understand I guess why someone would say wyoming or some states are once in a lifetime unless you play the game that way. I go to units that take one point and it’s significantly better hunting than anything I have done in washington. If Idaho went to A similar draw I would happily hunt it every few years as well.

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2022, 01:53:09 PM »

I had buddies do it so I know it works.
Once released from the wait your turn jail and directed into the go outdoors vendor screen they bought their tags, logged off, still had access, logged on under a buddies, bought and repeat..
Maybe it's a flaw, but it worked....
[/quote
you were lied to.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2022, 02:13:20 PM »
 :chuckle:
Ok..sure snake. Whatever you say.

Offline piledup

• Scout
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2022, 04:59:15 PM »
fishngamereaper shhhhhhh  :chuckle:

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2022, 05:25:49 PM »

I would agree Idaho 4 years ago as an over the counter state was ideal. But is it really OTC now?

But I don’t understand I guess why someone would say wyoming or some states are once in a lifetime unless you play the game that way. I go to units that take one point and it’s significantly better hunting than anything I have done in washington. If Idaho went to A similar draw I would happily hunt it every few years as well.

The general unit we used to hunt in Wyoming could be had as a second choice for the longest time. 5 years ago you could reliably draw it on zero points. Now it is about to be a 3 point hunt this year, even though applications for said unit are down 50% over what they were 5 years ago. If you can't see the trend that is happening across the board in Wyoming then you're not looking very hard. Sure, you might have a unit you enjoy hunting every couple years right now but it won't stay that way for much longer. Enjoy it while you can I guess, but thinking that points would fix anything in Idaho is a pipe dream. Another thing to consider is there were 67,000 people trying for Idaho tags as opposed to Wyoming's 127,000 deer point holders and 149,000 elk point holders. Want to clog up a system for everybody, implement preference points. It's giving up a whole lot of opportunity for a little predictability :twocents:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by pianoman9701
[Today at 08:57:54 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]