collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: KUIU Pro Bino Harness experience?  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Westside88

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
KUIU Pro Bino Harness experience?
« on: January 08, 2023, 12:14:39 PM »
I'm looking at picking up a KUIU Pro Bino Harness. I've been carrying my binos on a regular cabelas harness under my rain jacket, but I want to stop doing that as I end up letting too much rain in on stormy days. The KUIU setup looks like a quality piece of gear.

My main debate is Large or XL? The binos I currently use are not very big(8 power Steiners), I'm just wondering if getting the XL and padding the bottom to take up the space would make sense in case I want to go with larger binos. Anyone have experience with these?

Offline Wolfdog2314

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Re: KUIU Pro Bino Harness experience?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 12:32:52 PM »
I used the Kuiu harness for a few years with vortex vipers 10x42 in size large harness. Perfect fit. I think you will get a ton of movement inside of an XL harness with 8 power binos. I think you only want the XL if you’re going with 12+ power binos. Even with a padded bottom you’ll get a lot of lateral movement.

I’ve since gone to 12x42 swaro NL binos and the Marsupial bino harness. The binos are a massive upgrade and overall I like the Maruspial a tad better. I really like the full enclosure the marsupial gives.

Offline Westside88

• Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 12:47:35 PM »
I used the Kuiu harness for a few years with vortex vipers 10x42 in size large harness. Perfect fit. I think you will get a ton of movement inside of an XL harness with 8 power binos. I think you only want the XL if you’re going with 12+ power binos. Even with a padded bottom you’ll get a lot of lateral movement.

I’ve since gone to 12x42 swaro NL binos and the Marsupial bino harness. The binos are a massive upgrade and overall I like the Maruspial a tad better. I really like the full enclosure the marsupial gives.
Thanks, I definitely don’t want to much movement. I’m not familiar with the other harness you mentioned, but will check them out also

Offline Sakko300wsm

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 01:15:56 PM »
I have Kuiu and badlands - the badlands full magnetic enclosure is way better than the Kuiu set up
VELOCITY MARINE- ALUMINUM BOATS
I hunt fur and fins!!
23' X 9' custom jet in the works
Haxby 550hp 496"
Hammi 241
Stick steer

Offline brokentrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 01:21:14 PM »
I would go with a L harness for 8x binos, I use a L for my 8x42's, my son uses a L for his 10x42's, they fit fine.

I had the previous version of the Kuiu harness and the new one, I like both, and for my style of hunting, they work good for me.  My other son uses a Badlands magnetic harness and I used it to try it out and didn't care for it, I preferred the Kuiu harness.  If I wasn't a still hunter, always needing my glass, and usually with one hand, I may have preferred the Badlands harness.

A lot of your choice may depend on what style of hunting you do.  Are you walk a logging road to a glassing point and then glass for hours?  Or are you a still hunter that slips through the woods all day, glassing every few steps?

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 01:29:28 PM »
Anyone know which Kuiu bivy size would work best for Swaro 10x42 EL Ranges? I have a Badlands bivy for my Vortex Fury binos which work fine, but I'm looking for something without the magnetic closure. Trying to use the Badlands with one hand can be a challenge at times.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline brokentrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 01:33:32 PM »
Anyone know which Kuiu bivy size would work best for Swaro 10x42 EL Ranges? I have a Badlands bivy for my Vortex Fury binos which work fine, but I'm looking for something without the magnetic closure. Trying to use the Badlands with one hand can be a challenge at times.

Based on them being 10x42, my gut would say L but here is the sizing, based on binocular height.

https://www.kuiu.com/products/pro-bino-harness-verde-camouflage-2-0?variant=40340231585950

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 01:38:20 PM »
I have a kuiu harness and range finder pouch I would sell for pretty cheap. I’m out of Belfair

Offline Westside88

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 02:29:39 PM »
I would go with a L harness for 8x binos, I use a L for my 8x42's, my son uses a L for his 10x42's, they fit fine.

I had the previous version of the Kuiu harness and the new one, I like both, and for my style of hunting, they work good for me.  My other son uses a Badlands magnetic harness and I used it to try it out and didn't care for it, I preferred the Kuiu harness.  If I wasn't a still hunter, always needing my glass, and usually with one hand, I may have preferred the Badlands harness.

A lot of your choice may depend on what style of hunting you do.  Are you walk a logging road to a glassing point and then glass for hours?  Or are you a still hunter that slips through the woods all day, glassing every few steps?

More this style- “ Or are you a still hunter that slips through the woods all day, glassing every few steps?”

Offline brokentrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 03:01:26 PM »
Based on your hunting style, my guess is you would prefer the kuiu to the badlands, at least I did.  Like I mentioned,  1 hand operation with the kuiu harness with my rifle in my other hand.

Ymmv.  Have any buddies that have one or the other to test drive before you take the plunge?

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 05:14:27 AM »
I love the Kuiu Pro. Very easy to use and very comfortable and functional. The Large would most likely fit the different binos mentioned. They have spacers for height.

Offline Sundance

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 08:36:08 AM »
I have been using the Kuiu Pro in XL for the past couple seasons (10x50's inside), before I have several models from Badlands. I like the Kuiu's because they are lightweight, very water resistant keeping the optic dry, have a quiet closing hood, and the minimalistic pockets are great for wind dope and spare mouth reeds. The magnetic closure on the badlands was a nice feature, but if you weren't careful, they would "snap" closed which was noisy in the treestand. Also, the brushed fabric of the badlands would wet out and get heavy. So far the Kuiu's are the best chest harness system I've personally used.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2023, 08:51:09 AM »
I have owned multiple brands of harnesses over the years and all had their pros and cons. So far, I like my marsupial gear the best as an all around harness.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2023, 11:41:16 AM »
I use to have my 10x50 swaros in the Kuiu xl I think  it was
Stuff always got into it so I switched to Alaskan guide works much better
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2023, 12:14:15 PM »
I have a large Kuiu and think it would fit your 8x42 fine.
I really like the minimalist nature of the Kuiu.
Fits well, low profile, straps don't interfere with backpack and I like the simple cover.
Works great for me.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline hughjorgan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2023, 01:29:26 PM »
I have owned multiple brands of harnesses over the years and all had their pros and cons. So far, I like my marsupial gear the best as an all around harness.
:yeah:

After trying lots of bino harnesses I too have to say the marsupial gear harness is the best I’ve used as well. It fits great, binos don’t bounce around in the harness, they have a size chart for all the most popular binos which makes figuring out what size to buy really easy and has lots of options for accessories to cover all your needs.

Offline Westside88

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 02:58:14 PM »
Thank you everyone for your insight and recommendations. I plan to look them all over well before ordering anything. Lots of good info shared

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal