collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: We are pursuing a lawsuit against the Governor  (Read 32007 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: We are pursuing a lawsuit against the Governor
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2023, 12:14:27 PM »
What is the desired outcome from the proposed lawsuit?  :dunno:

If you have listened to some of the interviews or read some of the longer articles I think its pretty well laid out. They state a couple of RCWs that are broken and they point to a lawsuit by the builders showing a rough outline of case precedence of the Governor breaking the law and a remedy. In the case of the Builders suit they got to kick off 2 people on the building commission hand pick 2 and get paid for their trouble.

How would I roll it out? Well I would bounce about 4 of these jokers off the commission. The governor did not consult ANY sportsmen group on them. The Commercial fishermen do not have a representative which would need a to change. Also some kind of frame work for appointments revolving around consulting and the distribution stated in the RCWs they point out, and I think Ive heard of 3 that apply.
To me it’s pretty clear why they won.

“The law reserves one of the two general contracting positions for residential construction and another for commercial construction. It also requires the governor to appoint only people who have been nominated by those specific industries unless the industry fails to submit nominees. This ensures that groups impacted by the code have a role in changes made to the code and the timing of their implementation.”

I don’t see the same requirements when picking members of the fish and wildlife commission.

Maybe I'm talking crazy talk here, but maybe stop pointing out things that could aide in their defense...
I guess we can’t talk about this because some of you guys want to have some fantasy “feels good” victory?
I wish the lawsuit the best.  I don’t see the possibility of success.  :sry:

First off I dont believe being a skeptic makes you wrong or a hater. It also appears from what WWC has said in past posts they understand sportsmen are natural skeptics, I often fit this bill myself. As much info as WWC has been sharing surely they cannot lay the cards on the table yet. The lawsuit has not been filed. I have hungered for an organization to provide some real actionable leadership.

My response to you is this. lawsuits are not cheap, and unless you can tap into the equal access to justice funds, it all comes out of your pocket. Many folks on here have thrown out ideas for what to sue for and why but they dont go anywhere because no case precedence, expensive and the result is playing a game of whack a mole. Anyone that has had to sue people takes a hard look at the cost of litigation and what you get as a result from it.

Hopefully if you don't see the merits, or the possibilities you will do one thing when its over. Join and make a decent donation when they win.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2023, 12:31:49 PM »

If you have listened to some of the interviews or read some of the longer articles I think its pretty well laid out. They state a couple of RCWs that are broken and they point to a lawsuit by the builders showing a rough outline of case precedence of the Governor breaking the law and a remedy. In the case of the Builders suit they got to kick off 2 people on the building commission hand pick 2 and get paid for their trouble.

How would I roll it out? Well I would bounce about 4 of these jokers off the commission. The governor did not consult ANY sportsmen group on them. The Commercial fishermen do not have a representative which would need a to change. Also some kind of frame work for appointments revolving around consulting and the distribution stated in the RCWs they point out, and I think Ive heard of 3 that apply.

“The law reserves one of the two general contracting positions for residential construction and another for commercial construction. It also requires the governor to appoint only people who have been nominated by those specific industries unless the industry fails to submit nominees. This ensures that groups impacted by the code have a role in changes made to the code and the timing of their implementation.”

I don’t see the same requirements when picking members of the fish and wildlife commission.

Maybe I'm talking crazy talk here, but maybe stop pointing out things that could aide in their defense...
I guess we can’t talk about this because some of you guys want to have some fantasy “feels good” victory?

So, are you of the opinion that the Building Commission had something we don't when they forced the Governor to do exactly what we're asking without ever even going to court??
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2023, 01:34:32 PM »

So, are you of the opinion that the Building Commission had something we don't when they forced the Governor to do exactly what we're asking without ever even going to court??
Yes.
That was discussed on the previous page.
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2023, 07:23:16 PM »
Its amazing how much money most of us spend on hunting and or fishing in one year, I am easily at 5-10k. But still hesitate to donate as little as $100 to a cause like this, even if there is a slight change of making a change it is worth it.  Also guys that hunt in Idaho should well support it. Bettering hunting in Washington will most likely decrease pressure in nearby states to some degree.  :twocents:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2023, 09:41:29 PM »
This thread has a ton of information and discussion about the lawsuit and should be bumped.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2023, 09:47:44 PM »
Its amazing how much money most of us spend on hunting and or fishing in one year, I am easily at 5-10k. But still hesitate to donate as little as $100 to a cause like this, even if there is a slight change of making a change it is worth it.  Also guys that hunt in Idaho should well support it. Bettering hunting in Washington will most likely decrease pressure in nearby states to some degree.  :twocents:

I'm a huge supporter of the lawsuit but I will play devil's advocate for my fellow sportsmen that are naturally a skeptic like me.  I was once an enthusasic supporter of a organization with money and spending money at thier banquets. They were happy to take my money and tell us about thier good works and how much they supported hunters. Well that day came when my fellow suportsmen made the call to said organization. Turns out they didn't really support hunters and hid behind that they were a "conservation" organization and they couldn't get political. I told them to pound sand and cursed all orgs for several years.  I was gun shy and IF others had a similar experience I can see why they would hold back.  One of this forums members called out that this could be a fundraising ruse by a little known organization.

I do also agree snake that what is $100? A couple boxes of shells? A half dozen arrows? How can we not support that? My responce is to make them a challenge to go big when they are proven wrong.

In several of the WWC posts they ask for us sportsmen to have any other orgs we belong to support the lawsuit. The orgs I belong to are making commitments. Are you asking? Are you keeping count? I sure am.  And when my previous org fails to stand  it won't surprise me. Just make sure you let your orgs know what will happen if they don't show support.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2023, 09:48:27 PM »
This thread has a ton of information and discussion about the lawsuit and should be bumped.

I was talking too long to respond  lol

Confucius

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2023, 09:55:40 PM »

Im just trying to keep this thread relevant while others continue to participate in a thread that really just complains about not being in VC.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2023, 09:57:43 PM »

Im just trying to keep this thread relevant while others continue to participate in a thread that really just complains about not being in VC.

:chuckle:

I'm sorry I participated in that one also. :'(

Confucius

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2023, 10:05:50 PM »
If it is something people are truly passionate about it will get traction. This thread is a prime example. Over 100 replies and closing in on 8,000 views in the advocacy board.

The other thread that started in the VC had mod reports filed on it, political shots taken and completely derailed before the halfway point of the first page.

Just nice to see one stay on track for the most part.

I hope everyone is donating to WWC and sharing the links to the WWC with friends as well as sharing a link to this thread.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2023, 10:35:22 PM »
I just joined, been going to do it for a while but kept forgetting to look up their web page and actually do it.

Here's the link if anyone else wants to join:  https://www.w4wc.org/membership.html
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2023, 08:07:45 AM »
Bumping to keep this in recent topics for the morning crowd. Lots of great information in this thread.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2023, 08:54:16 AM »
The Booth at the show is right under the Aisle 300 sign in the Showplex. Get a raffle ticket to win one of four nice firearms. Only 300 tickets will be sold. Also, there's a discount of $10 off the basic membership - $15 only at the show. Get both!
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jeffitz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2023, 09:01:50 AM »
Joined WWC and forwarded this to 8 friends to try and get more support - this is exciting to see !
If you're gonna be dumb,you gotta be tough.

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2023, 09:35:03 AM »
Renewed my associate membership on Wednesday at the Sportsman's Show. Purchased raffle ticket from pianoman9701 on Thursday. 
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw