collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: South Sound Lease or Private Property Duck Hunting Options  (Read 2727 times)

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
South Sound Lease or Private Property Duck Hunting Options
« on: January 18, 2023, 06:58:03 PM »
Does anyone know of any open leases in the south sound or have an opening they are looking for another hunter or two to join?  I'd also be interested in some private fields or ponds as well if anyone knows someone that is willing to give access for a trespass fee.

Here is the long of the short.  I am trying to look ahead to next season because I have caught the waterfowl bug, but the majority of my hunting and opportunities has been on the eastside of the state. Its hard to commit to hunting the eastside while still trying to spend time with my wife and kiddos, not to mention my work schedule.  My wife also enjoys hunting and my kids are interested, but I don't want to push them to hard at 7 and 9 where it is not enjoyable. I checked out Cedarville Farms, but the majority of their hunting grounds are still a decent drive for me and I still want to do everything from scouting, setting up, hunting, taking down, etc.  They seem to have a great program, but I do not want to just show up to shoot birds as a guide has everything else setup for you is the way it seems. I have nothing against this, but its just not my style and I enjoy the time spent with others in the field along with the camaraderie of being with fellow hunters.

I live in the Graham/Eatonville area and would like to find something closer to home to hunt in Pierce or Thurston Counties ideally as I want to spend more time with my wife and kiddos while still being able to waterfowl hunt more often.  If you have a lease that your looking for someone to join, know of a lease, property or possible lead on something then please PM me. Thanks in advance!
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: South Sound Lease or Private Property Duck Hunting Options
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 08:45:03 PM »
I'm open to something in the Snoqualmie Valley too if anyone knows of any openings.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 04:38:13 PM by cem3434 »
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 02:11:44 PM »
Still looking, so shoot me a PM if you know of any openings.  My 10 yo is getting into hunting and she has expressed some interest in waterfowl hunting, so I need something that would allow me to bring her along.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 06:17:23 AM »
Still looking if anybody knows of anything that has come up.

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 08:25:52 AM »
I'm willing to pitch in for 17 year old son and I.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 08:34:57 AM by 2MANY »

Offline hdshot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 12:07:58 PM »
Unfortunately many hunters these days are thinking the same, if they could just get a nice lease within 50 miles of home the gas savings alone would almost pay for it while not having to deal with over hunted public areas anymore hundreds of miles away in one direction.
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 12:50:06 PM »
Inside of a month before the opener and still looking if anyone know of anything.

Offline metlhead

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 10:05:01 PM »
There are quite a few but openings are non existent. I'd open my place, just that I don't have water. Plenty of public options in the vicinity that can be superb with the right conditions and creativity.

Offline Mallardmasher

• Scout
  • IBEW LU 46
  • Groups: CCA WWA
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 01:49:12 PM »
My thought to you, would be get out driving around, you live in farm country, look for depressions in fields that have wetland type of grasses, knock on doors and as to lease, many of the areas around you hold lots of ducks once the fields flood and sheet water remains. That would be my thought. If someone knows of a good spot I can assure you they are keeping it for them selves
USN 1985-94, IBEW Local 46 1994-Present
Matt

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal