collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best hunt this season  (Read 2366 times)

Offline metlhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Best hunt this season
« on: November 26, 2022, 08:23:22 PM »
Youngest daughter was home for the Thanksgiving holiday and asked if we could hunt today. Always great to hunt with the kids. I've been crushing limits nonstop since the opener but an hour and a half in a valley slough for a half dozen ringers and mallards made for my favorite day. Missed shots  great dog work, and BSing about our lives is what makes our outdoor sports something worth protecting.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Re: Best hunt this season
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 08:35:46 PM »
Sounds like a good one.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 07:55:26 AM »
Worth protecting but many are not. Opened up to help a couple fathers get their youngsters involved and next thing I'm out of the loop.  Been a license and duck stamp buyer since 86 and last season was the first time without.  Was hoping to hunt for the next 25+ years but plans have change do to the decisions of others. Good luck and sorry for the fail because A for effort doesn't work in the real world.
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 08:37:49 AM »
Me confused.

Offline mboyle0828

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 10:18:02 AM »
Worth protecting but many are not. Opened up to help a couple fathers get their youngsters involved and next thing I'm out of the loop.  Been a license and duck stamp buyer since 86 and last season was the first time without.  Was hoping to hunt for the next 25+ years but plans have change do to the decisions of others. Good luck and sorry for the fail because A for effort doesn't work in the real world.

You took them out, shared your knowledge, showed them your spots? Then they stopped hunting with you or talking to you? If so, that’s horrible.

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 07:35:04 PM »

You took them out, shared your knowledge, showed them your spots? Then they stopped hunting with you or talking to you? If so, that’s horrible.

Basically yes, the former partner even gave up on a particular spot but I kept scouting and found some of the best hunting of our lives. Years later the spot has slowed down but he brings the new coat tails he rides over when their hunting is slow with no invites for me.  But the problem is don’t help keep people involved and lie, we are going to see more gun control.  No one to blame but ourselves because it takes numbers at the voter booth. 

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 08:48:52 PM »
Me confused.

Basically simple it’s hard I know, just everyone has to be responsible. You are responsible my dad would tell his hunter’s ed classes as example.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 09:40:44 PM »
It's not wasted time to me.
My dad taught us to hunt at pretty young age.
But now that he is older ,he doesn't hunt.
Says WDFW isn't giving him his senior discount :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:.
What you teach your kids is your legacy.

I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal