collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Axil GS Extreme With Bluetooth Wireless Electronic Earbuds or other amplifiers  (Read 3612 times)

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
Anyone have them? What do you think?

Main purpose for me would be to enhance my hearing in the woods, especially turkey season and when the wife is in the kitchen talking to me while I am in living room :chuckle:

So thoughts on these units.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 09:09:48 PM by ghosthunter »
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline hughjorgan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: Axil GS Extreme With Bluetooth Wireless Electronic Earbuds
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 01:04:21 PM »
I have a pair, I don’t feel like you get what you pay for. I would not recommend them. They don’t block out noise well or enhance your hearing. The Bluetooth is about the only thing that works as advertised.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
Re: Axil GS Extreme With Bluetooth Wireless Electronic Earbuds
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 09:09:05 PM »
How about Walkers Bone conducting amplification?

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline northwesthunter84

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Longhunter
I’ve had two sets, I lost the first. Mine have worked great. Mine were on sale this last round for $100 from Midway. I use them duck hunting, at the range and deer hunting when sitting. Would be pretty easy to snag them on branches. Mine function great, they cut out with a clap of your hands. I have talked to hunting buddies 100 yards away and could hear them just fine.(We both had a set in) Another benefit is they are out of the way at the range behind a scope, my muffs drove me nuts even the low profile one.

Offline Lumpy Taters

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
I haven't tried that brand but I did try the walkers silencer bt ear buds.   Worked great at first but they quit updating their app and now it doesn't work at all.  The app is what made them worth it. Now they don't get used much and I was looking for other options too.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
How about Walkers Bone conducting amplification?
I tried them

Almost forgot I had them!

they’re a hard no recommend from me

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
Cannot seem to find many reviews on Bone conductors. Other than factory. But they seem better for what I am looking for. Really more interested in sound enhancement than shot protection.

Offline builtfordtough

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
I kind of like the axil, but my son and BIL love them, my problem is for me my ear canal is small and these don't stay in place. They even provide 4 different ear pieces. So I'm disappointed I bought 2 pairs for Christmas stockings, 1 for me and 1 for my son. My son now has both of them and im sure he will lose 1 pair during the season.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Cannot seem to find many reviews on Bone conductors. Other than factory. But they seem better for what I am looking for. Really more interested in sound enhancement than shot protection.
I found out the other day that bone conduction headphones can cause vertigo

I had it horrible but had no idea what was doing it

I’d wake up like I drunk 1/2 gallon of whiskey, room spinning, put my foot down like a kickstand to stop the room from spinning, eyes spinning doing fruitloops in my head, couldn’t walk in a straight line

Hadn’t touched a drop of booze in weeks!  It had me worried something was really wrong!

The bone conduction headphones can vibrate the fluids in your inner ear and create utter havoc on your inner gyroscope

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
Well I decided to try a pair of Caldwell Shadow  Max Pro, the new ones with the recharging case.

Let ya know how it works out.

Online jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
Looking forward to your review.  I’ve been very intrigued but have been worried about how well they work for the money.   love to hear a first hand review…!! 

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
Well my primary reason is to enhance my hearing a little, so I have been looking for something that has that specific feature, the suppression and Bluetooth are lesser interests for me. Want to hear those turkeys.

And the wife :tup:

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
Looking forward to your review.  I’ve been very intrigued but have been worried about how well they work for the money.   love to hear a first hand review…!!

Well received the Caldwell shadow max pro earbuds today.
Been wearing them about three hours and they have enhanced my hearing substantially.
Have not shot with them yet.

They are very comfortable for me to wear.
I did Bluetooth to my IPad and play music, and that was very nice.

There was about a 5 mph wind today. Only noticed it when I faced the wind. But not bad.
I worked outside with them several hours without the tether with no issues.

I am looking forward to take them turkey hunting first week in May.

So far so good.

If you are on the fence. These go for $149.00-$169.00 but Amazon is selling like new used for $100.00 right now. That’s what I bought.

Here is what they look like.

Offline ghosthunter

• Old Salt
Getting about five hours of use per charge.

A charge in case takes about 1 hour with buds dead.

So far I am liking them. Wore them cleaning the yard today, no issues. :tup:

Offline MeepDog

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
I was seriously considering the tetra hearing enhancement/protection. Theyre very expensive but are HSA eligible. Most of the medical grade devices use disposable hearing aid batteries that only last 4 days even if you don't use them. I'm sure I'll go down that road eventually, but for now good old Howard leight around the neck earplugs are the way to go.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal