collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: HB 1240 "Assault Weapons Ban" Passes House  (Read 60980 times)

Offline shotguunar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: HB 1240 "Assault Weapons Ban" Passes House
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2023, 06:04:13 PM »
how I interpret the constitution of the United States is the back bone in which keeps this country going every amendment is federal and was put their for a reason to keep the politicians from overstepping their positions so where the hell are all of the federal judges? It is kind of a no brainer to send our state senators letters on. gun control when they are all liberals what we need is a list of all the federal judges we need to send them e mails letters and ask them why they are letting these politicians make a fools of the founding fathers of this country.I was reading somewhere maybe it was on this site the 2 nd ammendmate doesn't care if it is a musket or semi auto rifle or a colt 45 single action pistol it was put into place because our founding fathers new the old king would be around again and they wanted to make sure they didn't overstep their boundary's So eventually I am sure this will end up in the supreme court

Offline goosehunter12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Tracker
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2023, 07:16:09 AM »
This is now in Committee in the Senate - do they have to publish a time frame on a vote or does it just move through, I know which way our great state goes since we are out numbered on votes - but every person that cares about their rights needs to voice their opposition, I don't agree with 100% of it, seeing a fiends scenario, at a minimum getting something added that transfers inside immediate family (spouses, sons or daughters  at age) should get added even though it's a long shot 

Online pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2023, 09:19:33 AM »
The Senate has until April 12

Offline turkeyfeather

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2023, 09:33:17 AM »
Dems almost certainly have to pass this to keep their constituents happy. But I can't help but hope even they know it's wrong and will drag it out until the last second.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 12:27:35 PM by turkeyfeather »
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline KNOPHISH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2023, 12:09:54 PM »
If a bill is Unconstitutional it is illegal and those who brought it up, sideshow Bob, and voted on it, legislators, that would be a crime punishable by prison and fines.
I have Man Chit to do

Offline greenhead_killer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2023, 12:25:48 PM »
If a bill is Unconstitutional it is illegal and those who brought it up, sideshow Bob, and voted on it, legislators, that would be a crime punishable by prison and fines.
this would be common sense, something I see we lack at the legislative level.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2023, 12:28:29 PM »
Ya? What's that statute?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2023, 12:35:45 PM »

Would be?  or Should be?

Online pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2023, 12:46:36 PM »
If anyone is looking for some hope instead of doom and gloom, this fella (who claims to have spent 4 years as chief staffer to a WA senate committee chair) does not believe it will pass the Senate based on the published committee schedule.

"Full week of Law and Justice Committee meetings scheduled yet no hearing for 1240. Committee agenda is published through the 16th - it’s not scheduled. And they need a couple days notice to schedule a hearing. So it’ll be the 20th at the absolute soonest and I doubt that bc I think they’ll let it die here. even if it passed Law & Justice it’s got Ways and Means (another hearing required) and Rules Committee then a floor vote. There’s no time, and you can tell they aren’t planning on moving it because if they were they’d have greased the committee schedule already as there’s no time to waste."

"it’s five days notice required for a public hearing and they’re scheduled through the 16th. and there’s two more committees after this one before the floor. The senate moves slower anyway. You’d know if they planned to run this bill. They’d be running it. The priorities are the ones that got scheduled already and had companion bills. this isn’t some mystical tarot card reading it’s calling balls and strikes."

https://www.reddit.com/r/WAGuns/comments/11qzkem/1240_not_gonna_pass/

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2023, 12:48:52 PM »
If anyone is looking for some hope instead of doom and gloom, this fella (who claims to have spent 4 years as chief staffer to a WA senate committee chair) does not believe it will pass the Senate based on the published committee schedule.

"Full week of Law and Justice Committee meetings scheduled yet no hearing for 1240. Committee agenda is published through the 16th - it’s not scheduled. And they need a couple days notice to schedule a hearing. So it’ll be the 20th at the absolute soonest and I doubt that bc I think they’ll let it die here. even if it passed Law & Justice it’s got Ways and Means (another hearing required) and Rules Committee then a floor vote. There’s no time, and you can tell they aren’t planning on moving it because if they were they’d have greased the committee schedule already as there’s no time to waste."

"it’s five days notice required for a public hearing and they’re scheduled through the 16th. and there’s two more committees after this one before the floor. The senate moves slower anyway. You’d know if they planned to run this bill. They’d be running it. The priorities are the ones that got scheduled already and had companion bills. this isn’t some mystical tarot card reading it’s calling balls and strikes."

https://www.reddit.com/r/WAGuns/comments/11qzkem/1240_not_gonna_pass/

Maybe the process does work?

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2023, 12:59:25 PM »
I have little doubt that within five years I've have at least one "assault weapon" in my gun safe that I already own.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2023, 01:33:17 PM »

The constitution has no teeth unless there are krassnyites.
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

Offline turkeyfeather

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2023, 01:36:42 PM »
I have little doubt that within five years I've have at least one "assault weapon" in my gun safe that I already own.
Yup.....if they don't get it now, they will in the near future. I have absolute faith in the communists running this state.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Online pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2023, 01:46:29 PM »

Illinois passed their AWB only 36 hours after it was introduced as an insurance bill or something like that. Seems like WA dems won't be that brazen but wouldn't put it past them to bend the rules and pass it last minute.

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Old Salt
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2023, 02:38:37 PM »

Illinois passed their AWB only 36 hours after it was introduced as an insurance bill or something like that. Seems like WA dems won't be that brazen but wouldn't put it past them to bend the rules and pass it last minute.

Maybe.

But I think Wa uses different rules and decorum. I think that the majority controls the legislation and the minority controls the scheduling?

Does anyone know for sure?

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal