collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: HB 1240 "Assault Weapons Ban" Passes House  (Read 60974 times)

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
Re: HB 1240 "Assault Weapons Ban" Passes House
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2023, 06:36:59 PM »
Asking for a friend.  What if firearm is paid for, in FFL hands, during 10 day waiting period bill is signed?

Buy a lower, walk out with it, then go buy an upper

Got my heart set on something special.  Should have stepped 5 years ago when I  seen it.  Hoping it still plays out.   :dunno:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2023, 02:41:18 PM »
Executive action taken?  Not sure what that means exactly.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?billnumber=1240&year=2023&initiative=False
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2023, 03:13:32 PM »
I'm not sure what that means....but I watched the entire Senate Committee on Law & Justice hearing today and they are voting strictly on partisan lines.  It makes me so absolutely sick to what how uneducated and uniformed these people are when discussing these matters.  There is no way on gods green earth, that if this bill reaches the floor of the Senate...it does not pass.  Not a chance!!! 

I'm still trying to get the taste of vomit out of my mouth after watching these bunch of buffoons'.   :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline bustedoldman

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
  • TEAM Potbelly Stallions
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2023, 03:16:14 PM »
Inslee singed executive action (although idk what it means, just guessing)?Maybe because of the latest shooting?

Offline highside74

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2023, 03:19:40 PM »
They changed verbiage in one section

Offline highside74

• Frontiersman
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2023, 03:20:34 PM »
Here

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2023, 03:32:07 PM »
Well, I have no faith in our law makers, governor, AG, people in general.  They brought up the shooting in Tennessee....amongst others to spread their anti gun hate.  They stated the one constant in all mass shootings is the "GUN".  They refuse to acknowledge the other constant..."The sick twisted person performing these acts".  They use these tragedies in an effort to sit on their high horses and impose their will on all law biding gun owners.  They refuse to acknowledge the mental health crisis that is plaguing this once great nation.  The great USofA is going down a shattt road if you ask me.  We have an infestation of people that want to impose their will on others......communism at it's best.  Makes me sick to think of what my kids are going to endure in their lifetimes.   :bash: :bash:

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2023, 04:42:26 PM »
All drunk driving involves a vehicle of some sort, yet they aren't pushing to ban vehicles.

All obesity involves people moving food to their piehole with their hands, yet they aren't pushing to cut hands off.

What they do push is non-traditional families, and kids being allowed to decide what sex they are before they are even deemed responsible enough to drive a car - let alone vote, join the military, buy tobacco or alcohol.  They bottled everyone during covid to the detriment of most peoples mental health.

Everything is more expensive now, most people's self esteem is based on how many likes they get online, and fentanyl pours across the border like water out of the "climate challenged" California mountains but banning guns will stop gun crimes.

Just like banning them has made Chicago and NYC and California places where people are flocking to because they are so safe with all of their gun control.

I honestly can't believe how utterly stupid this country as a whole has become in the last 20 years.

Offline KNOPHISH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2023, 04:47:34 PM »
Normal sane people do not do mass shootings, it’s always a mentally unstable person so to stop them would be to find a way to keep guns from them. We already have background checks so not sure what other ways to keep guns from them unless someone turns them in and then followed through. Not an AWB. Sickening the legislators making bad laws know nothing about guns or mental health at all. Most of them think an AR is only used to kill mass people, oh no they’re not used for hunting or target shooting. Lies and false statements. Every time I go to the range people are shooting ARs.
I have Man Chit to do

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2023, 05:18:27 PM »
Well, I have no faith in our law makers, governor, AG, people in general.  They brought up the shooting in Tennessee....amongst others to spread their anti gun hate.  They stated the one constant in all mass shootings is the "GUN".  They refuse to acknowledge the other constant..."The sick twisted person performing these acts".  They use these tragedies in an effort to sit on their high horses and impose their will on all law biding gun owners.  They refuse to acknowledge the mental health crisis that is plaguing this once great nation.  The great USofA is going down a shattt road if you ask me.  We have an infestation of people that want to impose their will on others......communism at it's best.  Makes me sick to think of what my kids are going to endure in their lifetimes.   :bash: :bash:
you just said what has been going through my little brain for the last few years ,

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2023, 05:40:55 PM »
Its not like this everywhere
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Old Salt
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2023, 06:39:01 PM »
They changed verbiage in one section

So because of the change  it would then go back to the house?

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2023, 06:51:09 PM »
I listened to the entire reading and voting today and I didn’t hear any changes.  All suggested changes were shot down and voted against.   

What this a suggested change?  Or actually voted on change and what is the date of the document? 

They kept saying changes in verbiage could be make on the rules committee if they wanted to.  (I believe they said rules committee…..I will watch again and confirm.  Regardless every suggestion today got shot down.

Offline highside74

• Frontiersman
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2023, 07:00:56 PM »
I listened to the entire reading and voting today and I didn’t hear any changes.  All suggested changes were shot down and voted against.   

What this a suggested change?  Or actually voted on change and what is the date of the document? 

They kept saying changes in verbiage could be make on the rules committee if they wanted to.  (I believe they said rules committee…..I will watch again and confirm.  Regardless every suggestion today got shot down.

If you follow the link and click a couple different items it gives the list of everything that was discussed as changes. Dozens failed the one I shared a pic of was adopted.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2023, 07:19:47 PM »

If you follow the link and click a couple different items it gives the list of everything that was discussed as changes. Dozens failed the one I shared a pic of was adopted.

I’m glad that is the case….I was pretty pissed off today listening.   Just maybe this will alter its course long enough to postpone the inevitable.   

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]