collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Question regarding Multi Season draw  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
Question regarding Multi Season draw
« on: March 15, 2023, 10:17:06 AM »
  Being that all of the multi's were not distributed last year by Mid October,  I was wondering if there is a way to find out how many applied for it and if they even bought a license. Since it sure seems Someone(s) are getting in the way of it happening as intended. Anyone have an idea?
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Question regarding Multi Season draw
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 10:36:41 AM »
No answer to your question but I hope it is handled differently this year! Back to first come first served for deer. I know people who would've bought tags in August but laughed at the notifications they received in October that they could buy. I also wonder about the cost effectiveness of multiple draws/notifications to not sell out when they could have OTC.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 11:19:51 AM »
too many people complained about the first come first serve, saying it wasn't fair.
can't make everyone happy, and regardless of what WDFW does some of ya'll gonna be pissed off  :chuckle:

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 11:37:03 AM »
too many people complained about the first come first serve, saying it wasn't fair.
can't make everyone happy, and regardless of what WDFW does some of ya'll gonna be pissed off  :chuckle:
As long as we have people applying with no intention of buying the mess will continue.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 11:43:00 AM »
I like the new way of issuing unsold tags, next in line get first crack.  I only wish they’d speed up the process, give people 2 weeks after the first draw, then 1 week at a time.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Sundance

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 11:47:47 AM »
The deer leftover tags were a disaster last year. From my friend within the department, they are well aware of that and from the sounds of it we might be seeing it go back to an OTC for leftover multiseason deer tags in 2023.

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 11:49:39 AM »
As long as we have people applying with no intention of buying the mess will continue.
so..
for next year, i put in for points..because i know NOW that i wont have time to utilize the opportunites.  my guess is for people who actually apply, but then don't buy if they draw is because of priorities or commitments changing.
It would make zero sense to me to apply and have zero intention of drawing, unless you are applying for just points.

i too agree that the new system makes more sense, but it should happen MUCH faster.
Draw next group of however many unsold are, give them say 5 days to buy, onto the next group of remaining unsold.
It was indeed laughable that they were offering multi season tags AFTER one of the seasons.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 11:53:02 AM »
so..
for next year, i put in for points..because i know NOW that i wont have time to utilize the opportunites.  my guess is for people who actually apply, but then don't buy if they draw is because of priorities or commitments changing.
It would make zero sense to me to apply and have zero intention of drawing, unless you are applying for just points.

i too agree that the new system makes more sense, but it should happen MUCH faster.
Draw next group of however many unsold are, give them say 5 days to buy, onto the next group of remaining unsold.
It was indeed laughable that they were offering multi season tags AFTER one of the seasons.
But I'm thinking we have "Lorna" types applying
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 11:54:31 AM »
I like the new way of issuing unsold tags, next in line get first crack.  I only wish they’d speed up the process, give people 2 weeks after the first draw, then 1 week at a time.

:yeah:  First ones to buy MS application get front of the line for left over MS permit.  That will speed things up.   :chuckle:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Mtnwalker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 11:59:05 AM »
Or they could just make it like any other draw where you apply and if you're successful your card is hit and the tag shows up in the mail.  :dunno: I guess that would require planning and accountability, wishful thinking

Offline GOcougsHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: MHPP, MHAG, HEI, RMEF, DU, USVEMG
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2023, 12:00:51 PM »
so..

I am still dumbfounded that we get 4 months to apply... and after the draw is completed in April, the "selected" folks get 3.5 months to decide whether or not they will purchase it or not.  That is 7.5 months to decide on something most folks know if they are going to purchase or not much sooner.  This timeline SNAFU is self imposed by the WDFW and can be easily fixed.
Introduce someone new to hunting this year.

Offline MeepDog

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2023, 12:38:41 PM »
I thought the new system made sense, but the delays between drawings were too long. They should be weekly with text messages and phone calls. If you miss out then you didn't care that much  :dunno:. Also why delay until August to buy the tag? Just buy it or lose it.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2023, 12:52:07 PM »
Emails should be sent to permit managers and such, most of these ideas are good ones, they need to hear it from us.  I've talked with shanequa a bit about all this, she said they need to hear it from the public to have any teeth.  It's crazy when those involved with the draw have good ideas with changes but it doesn't go far without public input.  Months ago I asked this group if we should shorten the time we have to put in for special permits, only about 60+% thought it was a good idea, that idea was passed on but not sure it went anywhere, they probably needed a higher % of supporters to take it seriously.  Not sure why people think 4 weeks is needed???  My point, if we hit them with emails and a high majority of those emails have good ideas, it might gain traction.  My message was to shorten time up to pay for your MS tag to two weeks in the initial draw, then that next week give the runners up 5 days, and the same process till a certain date, for elk.  For deer, same two weeks initial draw, then over the counter for those who put in but didn't draw.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2023, 01:11:12 PM »
 I've heard rumors that members here have witnessed the SP draw before and maybe they could pass along if they keep a database of muti season apps as we pretty much KNOW they do with the SP's.  Now that I think of it maybe not since you actually have to apply for them (SP catagories) after buying the chance.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2023, 01:16:13 PM »
  Being that all of the multi's were not distributed last year by Mid October,  I was wondering if there is a way to find out how many applied for it and if they even bought a license. Since it sure seems Someone(s) are getting in the way of it happening as intended. Anyone have an idea?
I'm not sure if this answers the question or not, but here is data from 2021. The data from 2022 isn't available yet but should be soon.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2023, 01:24:54 PM »
I'm not sure if this answers the question or not, but here is data from 2021. The data from 2022 isn't available yet but should be soon.
  Now with so many apps sold and not selling out about a third of them by October I would find very questionable as if antis apply just to mess it up :twocents: And Thank You!
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2023, 05:50:13 PM »
I am done throwing good money after bad.  I know others won’t but I am speaking with my money.  Not supporting this raffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2023, 07:15:45 AM »
I like how it was in the past , you draw or first come first served in august but there’s a helpful solution is pay whole amount upfront for ALL special draws and  if you don’t draw you get a refund check … like Montana as it’ll weed out the tire kickers

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2023, 07:25:13 AM »
I like how it was in the past , you draw or first come first served in august but there’s a helpful solution is pay whole amount upfront for ALL special draws and  if you don’t draw you get a refund check … like Montana as it’ll weed out the tire kickers
best thing WDFW could do is “pay up front” for multi and OIL tags, I hated the first come first serve way of handing out left over multi tags for elk, it was a chit show that lasted one minute and you had to find a person who knew what they were doing behind the counter.  Passing the tags on to the next in line is the best way, they just need to shorten the time up to purchase. IMHO

Offline Farmer72

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2023, 07:29:04 AM »
I like the idea if it going to the next person in line and agree it needs to be earlier or faster. Really a combination of the two (first come first served and Next in line) might be best. basically shorten the time for purchase, then shorten the time between going to the next in line, and then first come first serve the week before the first regular season. That way you have some time to be next in line but they will be sold before most of the season is gone.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2023, 07:29:54 AM »
 :yeah:

Offline hal

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2023, 02:10:22 PM »
multi season is BS. Do as other states do.......... In PA, My home state you purchase your license then purchase a archery and a muzzleloader permit. You only get one deer unless you draw a doe tag.  Oh by the way, the non-resident cost is cheaper than our resident license. They make plenty of money to run their programs.

Offline hal

• Scout
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2023, 02:12:41 PM »
ALSO: you can purchase a lifetime license after you reach 65.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2023, 02:49:43 PM »
multi season is BS. Do as other states do.......... In PA, My home state you purchase your license then purchase a archery and a muzzleloader permit. You only get one deer unless you draw a doe tag.  Oh by the way, the non-resident cost is cheaper than our resident license. They make plenty of money to run their programs.

This state doesn't like hunters or fisherman.  They like the revenue stream, that's why the amount goes into the general fund and law makers reallocate funds to run the WDFW.  Could you imagine what WDFW could do with (+/-)$330 million vs. (+/-)$97 million.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline 85yota

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2023, 02:56:34 PM »
Also pa has way more deer per square acre than here I'm sure

Offline blackdog

• Longhunter
  • Advocate ..
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2023, 06:57:22 PM »
[quote author=h2ofowlr

This state doesn't like hunters or fisherman.  They like the revenue stream, that's why the amount goes into the general fund and law makers reallocate funds to run the WDFW.  Could you imagine what WDFW could do with (+/-)$330 million vs. (+/-)$97 million.
[/quote]

Not one penny of our license or tag purchase goes to the State General fund. It is required to go directly to DFW or we would not get the Federal Pittman Robertson money.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]