collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Commission members recommended for confirmation  (Read 2391 times)

Offline blackdog

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Advocate ..

Offline KNOPHISH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Re: Commission members recommended for confirmation
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 08:19:15 PM »
Close but no cigar, Gotta keep trying, I’m writing to the rules committee next.
I have Man Chit to do

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 08:10:47 AM »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 08:45:09 AM »
Ive sent mine in, have you?

https://www.howlforwildlife.org/wacommconfirm

Absolutely!  Howl is a fantastic platform, and it pains me that there aren't more hunter taking advantage of using them!  They make it so easy to send emails through their platform.  :)

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 11:07:47 AM »
Letter to Commission:
Dear Honorable Senators,

I write to you regarding the confirmations of a majority of animal rights activists on the WDFW Wildlife Commission. Our Governor has loaded 5 seats with these activists in direct violation of RCW 77.04.040 which states, in part: the governor shall seek to maintain a balance reflecting all aspects of fish and wildlife, including representation recommended by organized groups representing sportfishers, commercial fishers, hunters, private landowners, and environmentalists. In choosing Rowland, Ragen, Smith, Baker, and Lehmkuhl, Governor Inslee has violated state law.

The result has already been a limiting of recreational opportunity and seasons for the hunters and fishers of WA State. The conservation and volunteer efforts of our group can't be overstated. A minimum of 50,000 hours of volunteer time are donated by our group each year. That's equivalent to 25 full-time positions that the WDFW need not hire. In addition, including tags, licenses, and revenue from the Pittman Robertson Fund, hunters and fishers account for 48% or the department's revenue. Discourage us to a point where we no longer support hunting and fishing recreation in WA and you ruin true conservation forever in this state and the budget for the WDFW.

You have been elected by us to write our laws. This is a message from our Governor to you and We The People that he needn't bother to follow our laws. Please return his message with your own that our laws matter and he must rectify this imbalance that he's mandated to keep. I humbly request that the Commission be brought into balance by maintaining no more than 2 seats of any interest group named in the RCW. Thank you for your consideration of my request. I ask that my communication be read into the record.

Most Sincerely,
Pianoman

Former Master Hunter (resigned)
Former Hunter Education Instructor (resigned)
Member of several conservation groups and conservation volunteer in dozens of
projects with those groups and the WDFW.

To  kevin.vandewege@leg.wa.gov,   jesse.salomon@leg.wa.gov,   ron.muzzall@leg.wa.gov,   christine.rolfes@leg.wa.gov,   sharon.shewmake@leg.wa.gov,   shelly.short@leg.wa.gov,   derek.stanford@leg.wa.gov,   keith.wagoner@leg.wa.gov,   judy.warnick@leg.wa.gov 
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 11:52:25 AM »
Good letter. 
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Online bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 12:04:16 PM »
Letter to Commission:
Dear Honorable Senators,

I write to you regarding the confirmations of a majority of animal rights activists on the WDFW Wildlife Commission. Our Governor has loaded 5 seats with these activists in direct violation of RCW 77.04.040 which states, in part: the governor shall seek to maintain a balance reflecting all aspects of fish and wildlife, including representation recommended by organized groups representing sportfishers, commercial fishers, hunters, private landowners, and environmentalists. In choosing Rowland, Ragen, Smith, Baker, and Lehmkuhl, Governor Inslee has violated state law.

The result has already been a limiting of recreational opportunity and seasons for the hunters and fishers of WA State. The conservation and volunteer efforts of our group can't be overstated. A minimum of 50,000 hours of volunteer time are donated by our group each year. That's equivalent to 25 full-time positions that the WDFW need not hire. In addition, including tags, licenses, and revenue from the Pittman Robertson Fund, hunters and fishers account for 48% or the department's revenue. Discourage us to a point where we no longer support hunting and fishing recreation in WA and you ruin true conservation forever in this state and the budget for the WDFW.

You have been elected by us to write our laws. This is a message from our Governor to you and We The People that he needn't bother to follow our laws. Please return his message with your own that our laws matter and he must rectify this imbalance that he's mandated to keep. I humbly request that the Commission be brought into balance by maintaining no more than 2 seats of any interest group named in the RCW. Thank you for your consideration of my request. I ask that my communication be read into the record.

Most Sincerely,
Pianoman

Former Master Hunter (resigned)
Former Hunter Education Instructor (resigned)
Member of several conservation groups and conservation volunteer in dozens of
projects with those groups and the WDFW.

To  kevin.vandewege@leg.wa.gov,   jesse.salomon@leg.wa.gov,   ron.muzzall@leg.wa.gov,   christine.rolfes@leg.wa.gov,   sharon.shewmake@leg.wa.gov,   shelly.short@leg.wa.gov,   derek.stanford@leg.wa.gov,   keith.wagoner@leg.wa.gov,   judy.warnick@leg.wa.gov
P-man,

Those who you sent that to already made their committee vote. It's up to the whole Senate now. One would assume those on the committee would voted in favor of confirmation in committee would vote in favor during the full senate vote.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 12:11:33 PM »
Well, it can't hurt. I know my senator will be voting against their confirmation. I don't have much power over the others. I made a few new points as well.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023, 12:16:26 PM »
I did forward this to my senator again and asked for it to be read into the record.

Online bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2023, 09:46:38 PM »
All F&W Commission appointments have been passed through the Rules Committee and are now up for a full Senate vote.

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 10:15:06 PM »
It matters little.  Legal action is our only hope.

From what I read this weekend, Inslee is still thinking about running again.  Darn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 11:22:58 AM »
Looks like trying to get this thru the Senate and appoint.

Takes 2 minutes to fill out your name and email against.

https://www.votervoice.net/sportsmen/Campaigns/104250/Respond

Offline RC

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
    • NA
  • Groups: NA
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2023, 01:35:07 PM »
Done, and had my wife email as well.

Offline MeepDog

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2023, 02:06:27 PM »
It's pretty fast. Be sure to personalize the message. We're not robots here.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]