collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Utah Manti archery elk, I got lucky.  (Read 791 times)

Offline hoytxl2009

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
Utah Manti archery elk, I got lucky.
« on: May 29, 2023, 08:34:19 AM »
Somehow I managed to draw this tag my first time applying with 4 points. Bought points the first three years. To be honest I was shocked and will probably be returning my MT General tag as a result.  I've only had the tag a few days and my biggest issue so far in scouting is finding areas roads don't go through. Does anyone have experience with areas to backpack in this unit? I hear horses are required in some places but the biggest expanse I can find is about 3-4 miles wide. I've heard possibly some of the roads are gated as well. I'll be going down there with a side by side to explore the side roads rather then my pickup as well.

I have a few phone calls lined up with previous tag holders,  and am waiting on hunting fool to send me a previous tag holders list to make some calls, but thought I'd see what my local dudes may be willing to share that have had the tag in the past.  I plan to call the biologist this week or next week to chat about some pins i already have and access. I will be going down to scout after TAC in big sky at the end of the month. Taking 6 weeks of this fall and plan to hunt it to the very end, plus help out some other friends with tags. From the sounds of it elk are not difficult to find, but larger bulls may be. I'd appreciate any help through PM or advice you guys may be willing to share about the area.  In trade I could offer help in Idaho (depending on area), Montana,  and NE Oregon units.

Offline muleycrazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Utah Manti archery elk, I got lucky.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 10:22:59 AM »
Man you’re one lucky guy to draw that tag with 4 pts. I also drew the same tag and would like to talk with ya. I live here in S.W. Washington too. If you could pm your number I’ll give you a call. Congrats on the tag.

Offline MLBowhunting

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 10:43:57 AM »
Congratulations on a great tag!!
Copper John Pro Staff
R.A.D Broadheads
R.A.D Peeps
Hot Shot Pro Staff

Offline hoytxl2009

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 10:59:16 AM »
Man you’re one lucky guy to draw that tag with 4 pts. I also drew the same tag and would like to talk with ya. I live here in S.W. Washington too. If you could pm your number I’ll give you a call. Congrats on the tag.

PM sent! Congrats on draining the tag as well.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 11:24:32 AM »
Good water year. Think of all that growth!

Offline hoytxl2009

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 11:30:25 AM »
Good water year. Think of all that growth!

Another reason why I feel super fortunate and lucky to have drawn on this year as well. Excited to see what a good moisture year does.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal