collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: DJ's Closing  (Read 2002 times)

Offline salish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
DJ's Closing
« on: June 07, 2023, 10:03:39 AM »
This is not really news, since their stocks have been dwindling the past year, but DJ's in Bothell is officially closing and there are very few guns in the shop now. I was there yesterday and there are some good deals, but there's almost nothing left. I'm going to miss that place. I've purchased most of my guns from them over the past 20 years. Bruce had a great shop.

Offline BigGoonTuna

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: DJ's Closing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 08:42:51 AM »
Bummer! I always hated the drive but loved going to that shop (and pinto’s) when im passing through that area. Seems like they’re the only shops around that ever have anything that interests me any more (ie not a bunch of tactical crap)
you can still get gas in heaven, and a drink in kingdom come,
in the meantime, i'll be cleaning my gun

Offline salish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 08:50:31 AM »
Bummer! I always hated the drive but loved going to that shop (and pinto’s) when im passing through that area. Seems like they’re the only shops around that ever have anything that interests me any more (ie not a bunch of tactical crap)

It's a major bummer. The only other shop that was similar was Kesselrings way up north. I don't know what I'm going to do to fill that void. There aren't any gun/pawn shops around that are like DJ's. I have no idea how I'm going to get my fix.

Offline 10Key

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 09:42:50 AM »
I live in Bothell and have neglected to frequent DJ's, was in there just a couple of times in the 15 years I've lived here...my bad. That being said, I recently checked out Big J's in Orting and even though it is a larger sporting goods store, it is awesome! That will be my new go to place, even thought it is 50 miles from my casa.

Offline salish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 09:44:22 AM »
I live in Bothell and have neglected to frequent DJ's, was in there just a couple of times in the 15 years I've lived here...my bad. That being said, I recently checked out Big J's in Orting and even though it is a larger sporting goods store, it is awesome! That will be my new go to place, even thought it is 50 miles from my casa.

That's for the tip on Big J's. Do they have a huge and varied section of used firearms like DJ's did?

Offline 10Key

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 01:13:42 PM »

That's for the tip on Big J's. Do they have a huge and varied section of used firearms like DJ's did?

I was focused on new stuff, so not sure if they have used. They have a great selection and are more than happy to order if they don't have it...in my case, was on site within 2 days. No one else up north near my house was willing to do that.

Offline salish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 01:22:49 PM »

I was focused on new stuff, so not sure if they have used. They have a great selection and are more than happy to order if they don't have it...in my case, was on site within 2 days. No one else up north near my house was willing to do that.

Sounds good, thanks.

Offline Rigby416

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
    • 23315 127th Ave NE
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2023, 09:20:38 PM »
I too will miss DJ's.  I purchased many guns from them through the years.  Bruce was a veritable encyclopedia of firearms knowledge and Tina was always helpful.  Another great place to shop down the drain.

Offline salish

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 07:07:40 AM »
I too will miss DJ's.  I purchased many guns from them through the years.  Bruce was a veritable encyclopedia of firearms knowledge and Tina was always helpful.  Another great place to shop down the drain.

Right on. I chatted briefly with Tina a few days ago on my visit there and thanked her for so many years service. It was a great place, and Bruce's presence there made it all happen.

Offline jeffro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2023, 07:19:45 AM »
As a long time Bothell resident and frequent shopper at DJs
I will mourn the loss
But growth and new laws have made the dirt worth more than they could ever make in 20 years
One shot. One kill!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal